It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Biblical god's longsuffering and patience

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The person misspoke. They tree of life was in the garden so they could live forever.
Yep, and if they didn't eat from it, they would die. Death was already in the world before sin.


No, death was a result of Genesis 3. But I know what you're saying, the body wasn't created immortal. Only the spirit of a man.




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No, death was a result of Genesis 3. But I know what you're saying, the body wasn't created immortal. Only the spirit of a man.
If the body wasn't created immortal, that means the body was created mortal....which means they could die. Death was already here before sin. I mean, did all the animals, insects, fish, etc. live forever until sin, or did they die before sin?

It is cool though that you see that they were created mortal. I pointed that out to a bible teacher who came to my house. He was currently teaching Genesis at a local church, I wonder if he went back and shared with them that he was wrong about them being created immortal? It's amazing that he didn't know that, being taught by the holy spirit and all....besides, I didn't think non-believers were supposed to understand the bible, yet I taught him something, lol. I guess I'm just that awesome.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


God bless... i sometimes get the impression you're just here to troll. Someone will answer all 7600 of your questions and you still keep going and going and going.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
God bless... i sometimes get the impression you're just here to troll. Someone will answer all 7600 of your questions and you still keep going and going and going.
I'm sorry that you have a problem with people asking questions.

Don't forget 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
God bless... i sometimes get the impression you're just here to troll. Someone will answer all 7600 of your questions and you still keep going and going and going.
I'm sorry that you have a problem with people asking questions.

Don't forget 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."


That's only talking about legitimate questions. I get the impression most of the time your Qs are meant to attck or trap, and in that case look at the verse about wiping the dust off one's feet or casting pearls before swine.

Ive always had a boatload of patience and unshakable faith tho, so I continue. But im not Jesus, those attributes are not infinite.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
That's only talking about legitimate questions. I get the impression most of the time your Qs are meant to attck or trap, and in that case look at the verse about wiping the dust off one's feet or casting pearls before swine.

Ohhhhh, legitimate questions...I stand corrected.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by Hydroman
 


I can explain this in as few words as possible.
God is made up.


I love arbitrariness, it make apologetics so simple. I can refute in 1 less word:

Nope He's not.


Okay, this is important. Our souls are on the line, so there shouldn't be any guesswork involved when it comes to the possibility of spending all of eternity in a fiery hell. I need you to PROVE god is not made up. What I don't want to hear is for us to open our hearts, or look at the common things such as child birth as a miracle.

I need some angel to appear before me, or for god's voice to fill the air and tell me that he exists, tell me that the threat of hell is real... I'll even settle for the miraculous healing of an amputated arm, a hand, a finger... And, no I'm not tempting the lord. I'm asking the lord to directly give us the straight scoop. Being thrown in hell is not a game, so why should we have to guess or seek an answer for something that is so dangerous and irreversible?



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


Google to see what Jesus said of the people who demanded a sign before they believed. Im guessing it will be the same response. God doesnt change.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


maybe i can help...


Okay, this is important. Our souls are on the line, so there shouldn't be any guesswork involved when it comes to the possibility of spending all of eternity in a fiery hell.


We are all on the same "line" but knowledge is the key... some understand things that others don't... and either way its all speculation... what counts is what "rings true" to you in your heart... Hell only exists IF you believe it does...


I need you to PROVE god is not made up. What I don't want to hear is for us to open our hearts, or look at the common things such as child birth as a miracle.


Only YOU can prove God exists to yourself... no one can make you see it...

Life in general is a miracle...


I need some angel to appear before me,


That would be nice....



or for god's voice to fill the air and tell me that he exists, tell me that the threat of hell is real...


Gods voice is within you... He speaks to us every day but most don't hear it... Almost like an inner thought process that is not of your own... do you hear it?

Think about the last time you were about to do something... but you knew deep down it was wrong... That "voice" that says... "what are you doing"? ... Or "why are you being stupid"?


I'll even settle for the miraculous healing of an amputated arm, a hand, a finger... And, no I'm not tempting the lord. I'm asking the lord to directly give us the straight scoop.


Pure fantasy... God don't work like that bro...



Being thrown in hell is not a game, so why should we have to guess or seek an answer for something that is so dangerous and irreversible?



Even if you happen to land in such a place when you pass... its not eternal... thats christian dogma...

And just so you know.... the "firey place of torture" is myth...

Gehenna was a litteral place outside of Jerusalam




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jiggerj
 


Google to see what Jesus said of the people who demanded a sign before they believed. Im guessing it will be the same response. God doesnt change.


the bible says he does.... of course that depends on what you read...




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


If it was true that he is long suffering... well why not end that suffering? Send us some massive wave to engulf us all or some thing.

Like if you read biblical tales, you see all these sinners being wiped out by some thing. Almost every thing we do now a day's, and have been for the last few centuries, can be considered a sin when comparing it what these people in the bible were punished for, why aren't we punished in a similar manner?

And since the abundance of sin, why are we not sent a messenger, or prophet, like all the others, to guide us?



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


You can call it being corrected, its just context. People just mocking and scrutinizing for something to criticise were handled differently. Most of the time I get the impression that is your deal man.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


No, Matthew 12:38-40.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee
reply to post by Hydroman
 


If it was true that he is long suffering... well why not end that suffering? Send us some massive wave to engulf us all or some thing.

Like if you read biblical tales, you see all these sinners being wiped out by some thing. Almost every thing we do now a day's, and have been for the last few centuries, can be considered a sin when comparing it what these people in the bible were punished for, why aren't we punished in a similar manner?

And since the abundance of sin, why are we not sent a messenger, or prophet, like all the others, to guide us?



You would never recognize one if he or she was sent. The natural man cannot understand the things of the Spirit because they are spiritually discerned. Youd have them locked in the crazy ward or they would be killed. Why do you think Jeremiah was in jail or at the bottom of a well? Why do you think John the Baptist was out in the desert living off honey and grasshoppers?

And sin was judged at Calvary once and for all.


edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You can call it being corrected, its just context. People just mocking and scrutinizing for something to criticise were handled differently. Most of the time I get the impression that is your deal man.
Ok, fair enough. Sometimes I am mocking, sometimes I am asking sincere questions.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You can call it being corrected, its just context. People just mocking and scrutinizing for something to criticise were handled differently. Most of the time I get the impression that is your deal man.
Ok, fair enough. Sometimes I am mocking, sometimes I am asking sincere questions.


Well, it wears on people. It would be time better spent to answer the questions of the seeker, not the mocker. Its just not a productive use of time which is limited. Generally all the folks who are legitimately seeking I talk to via email. And I give them a breadceumb and they follow it. Then come back for another. They are genuinely looking for answers, and Ill answer them till they no longer ask. I just get tired sometimes of the goat rodeo. If youre here to learn something instead of just to mock, thats one thing, but like you said thats often not the case.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


No, Matthew 12:38-40.


meh... i still don't buy it...




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Yeah that did not answer my question, it just fitted into what I was originally asking.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I just get tired sometimes of the goat rodeo. If youre here to learn something instead of just to mock, thats one thing, but like you said thats often not the case.
Didn't say I did this often. Remember, I ask questions because I want to see what you believe, and why you believe it. I like to make people think, and I like it when they make me think.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I just get tired sometimes of the goat rodeo. If youre here to learn something instead of just to mock, thats one thing, but like you said thats often not the case.
Didn't say I did this often. Remember, I ask questions because I want to see what you believe, and why you believe it. I like to make people think, and I like it when they make me think.


Fair enough man.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join