It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man steals gas from cop car, posts photo of crime on Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A man recently siphoned gas from a police car and then proceeded to post a photo of the crime onto Facebook.

I think you can guess what happened next.

The Smoking Gun reports that the man, 20-year-old Kentucky resident Michael Baker, is facing a misdemeanor charge as a result of this strange incident.

The whole thing took place last month, when Baker posed in beside a squad car while his girlfriend took a photo. Baker was — ahem — flipping the bird at the camera while very clearly siphoning gasoline from the police vehicle.

As an arrest warrant explains, Baker then proceeded to "post [the] picture of his theft on Facebook."

Source

Can you get anymore obviously stupid than this?

I thought maybe some other members could use a good laugh amongst all the more serious,impending doom and depressing topics of the world.

I know I could not help but laugh...Unbelievable.
edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

That's about as stupid as that Taliban leader who turned himself in for a $100 bucks. A $100 bucks must go a looooooooong way in Afghanistan?

This guy just looks stupid, doesn't he?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That is insane,100 dollars? yeah really,love to see that exchange rate

Yeah I agree,looks like he is living the 'thug' life,doesn't look like it is working out for him though.

::2 weeks later:: "yo look! fresh meat,its a *ing new guy" ... "yo new guy,what ya in for punk?" ..."Ahh ummm grand theft auto..."

I would like to be there for that conversation if it goes down. haha
edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
he looks so inteligent too

edit on 19-4-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

A misdemeanor? Although, in all probability, this guy is stupid, potentially, a smart person might do such and direct the attention drawn to something profitable. The more I think about it, I think this is actually a very smart person disguising himself as some red-neck ne'er-do-well.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Personally I'm on the side of the siphoner! Good for him! It is a pretty funny picture and it would be something I'm sure he was dying to share with everyone! I know I would...

What I would like to know is did he get grassed up or did the police monitoring of facebook catch him? hmmmm

Any way I very much doubt he'll be getting sent down for this. Probably just get a fine and a good telling off!

Maybe the dude works and was just claiming some of his tax money back?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

It is the simple fact that no matter how tedious the crime you never,ever allow yourself to be filmed or photographed...that is incriminating evidence.

To willingly incriminate yourself? is absolutely moronic.

He must of missed 'Thuggery & criminality 101' last semester.

Get back at the man,be rebellious but if you decide to do that at least have the sense of discretion or disguise.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by mee30

It is the simple fact that no matter how tedious the crime you never,ever allow yourself to be filmed or photographed...that is incriminating evidence.

while I understand the sentiment, it would be wise to just stay away from crime all together if you don't expect to succeed

police are scanning public facebook posts for stuff like this all the time.
a local motorcyclist posted a video of himself recently on youtube, speeding down the trans canada highway at 300km/h and one determined traffic cop tracked down the bike through conversations had in public on facebook LOL.
edit on 19-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well I don't think what he did was THAT bad, he siphoned off a little can of gas! He wasn't robbing the crown jewels here.

I don't think the motivation of the theft was purely because he needed some gas. I think he did it to make a point and to be remembered, maybe it was just a laugh?

He will always have that picture and he will always have the memory.

I know what you're saying and yes yes yes! But some times you just gotta let it go and have some fun! I think the picture is awesome! Well worth a night in the cells and a slap on the wrist.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You are correct friend,best to stay away from crime unless you have a master plan an no,I mean...Don't commit crimes period

You bring up a very good point,to be honest I had overlooked initially in my tired stupor- how did he get caught? or the others as in the story you relayed? the cops are scanning facebook,it does not surprise me but it does prove my already solid convictions of just how little privacy we now have online or anywhere for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join