It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lands on Oilfield in Kuwait?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Another US State Department document describing a pilot UFO incident in June 1980, it also mentions another incident in January, 1979 - just two months before the Umm Alaish oil field sightings.

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE

SUBJECT: (U) INVESTIGATION OF UNUSUAL "LIGHT PHENOMENON" SEEN IN KUWAIT'S SKIES

1. (C) ACCORDING TO A RELIABLE SOURCE, KUWAIT MINISTRY OF INTERIOR IS INVESTIGATING REPORT BY SENIOR KUWAIT AIRWAYS PILOT OF AN UNUSUAL "LIGHT PHENOMENON" ON JUNE 20, 1980. THE PILOT, OPERATIONS DIRECTOR H. SHAMLAN, SAID THAT "DURING DESCENT THROUGH APPROXIMATELY 15,000 FT AND BEFORE REACHING WAFRA VOR, WHILE OPERATING FLIGHT NUMBER KU542 FROM CAIRO TO KUWAIT, THE CREW AND I SIGHTED A HUGE BALL OF BRIGHT LIGHT SHAPED LIKE A HEMISPHERE (HALF A MOON SHAPE) ESTIMATED DIAMTER TO BE AROUND TEN MILES, WITH THE FLAT BASE OF THE SPHERE APPROXIMATELY THE SAME LEVEL AS THE AIRCRAFT, I.E. 15,000 FT.

"ITS POSITION WAS NORTHWEST OF THE CITY OF KUWAIT AND STEADILY MOVING EASTBOUND AT A SLIGHTLY LESSER SPEED THAN MY AIRCRAFT WHICH WAS 320 KNOTS AT THAT STATE"
"WHEN I TURNED NORTH AT WAFRA, THE PHENOMENON WAS STILL CLEARLY VISIBLE AND REMAINED SO UNTIL WE DESCENDED BELOW THE HAZE LAYER AND STARTED APPROACH TO THE RUNWAY".

..ABOVE REPORT IS REMINISCENT OF REFTEL'S REPORT OF JANUARY 1979 AND NOVEMBER 1978 ON UFO SIGHTINGS IN KUWAIT'S SKIES. ACCORDING TO SENIOR KOC OFFICIAL, UFO WHICH APPEARED OVER NORTHERN OIL FIELDS IN NOVEMBER 1978 DID STRANGE THINGS TO KOC'S PUMPING SYSTEM. SOME WAGS ARE BLAMING CURRENT KUWAIT ELECTRIC POWER FAILURES (SEE KUWAIT 3220) ON UFOS.

Verified Documents

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Another UFO report from the Persian Gulf involving multiple witnesses and an object described as a ‘bright, revolving disc with changing colors that emitted a low hissing sound'.

News Archive

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Web resources and book references from Isaac's website suggesting the Umm Al-Aish incident was just one of a series of UFO sightings in the area during the month of November.

The Umm Al-Aish UFO incident in northern Kuwait, involving technicians and alleged electromagnetic effects on oil pumps, occurred on 10 November 1978. This was part of a series of incidents from 9 November 1978 to 21 November 1978.

link

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Incident mentioned in the paper 'Science and the Failure To Investigate Unidentified Aerial Phenomena':

UFOs shut down and restarted the Kuwait Oil Company’s pumping equipment in 1978, prompting the Kuwaiti government to send a committee of “experts” from the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research to investigate. According to a US State Department document, “The KISR Committee rejected the notion that the ‘UFOS’ were espionage devices but remained equivocal about whether they were of extraterrestrial origin..”

PDF file

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Kuwait UFO Committee formed (sourced by RealTVUFOs)

realtvufos.blogspot.com.es...
edit on 3-5-2016 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

S+F.

Would the location it was said to have landed been right on top of the general area or fairly close, where the Kuwait Oil fires, 13 years later were started by Saddam?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Would the location it was said to have landed been right on top of the general area or fairly close, where the Kuwait Oil fires, 13 years later were started by Saddam?

Hols mate, according to this guy they weren't started by Saddam but I don't think it was the Umm Alaish fields in question.

News clipping:

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Preston goes into more detail at 39:40

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Initially I thought this was CGI when someone else first posted it awhile back….

Now I’m not so sure…..

Here is the Russian to English translated title “Aliens visited Saudi Arabia 2”

I guess it’s the zoom out that bothers me…..it looks legit

As all would know…..digital zoom in from a potato cam….at a long distance will always give you the crapiest of pictures and video. That’s why the craft looks bad….under the function of zoom.

👽
edit on 26-7-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Karl, you have some outstanding ops, brother, some of the best I’ve seen here.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I was thinking they dropped off an abductee, but then they did the guy shooting up into the sky. So if legit, I don't know what this is...

I did hear what sounds like kids frantically yelling Allahu Akbar.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introufo

I was thinking they dropped off an abductee, but then they did the guy shooting up into the sky. So if legit, I don't know what this is...

I did hear what sounds like kids frantically yelling Allahu Akbar.

There’s not much difference between Muslims yelling “Allahu Akbar” and Christians yelling “Oh My God”……and maybe add “Holy $hit”…”Holy Mackerel”

👽
edit on 26-7-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Or just oh--__it...let me get out of here, fast.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introufo

Thanks for the kind words mate and thought Preston did a good job of covering the case in the vid posted above - he even managed to track down the missing photo.. although it's not very impressive lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join