UFO Lands on Oilfield in Kuwait?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Another US State Department document describing a pilot UFO incident in June 1980, it also mentions another incident in January, 1979 - just two months before the Umm Alaish oil field sightings.

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE

SUBJECT: (U) INVESTIGATION OF UNUSUAL "LIGHT PHENOMENON" SEEN IN KUWAIT'S SKIES

1. (C) ACCORDING TO A RELIABLE SOURCE, KUWAIT MINISTRY OF INTERIOR IS INVESTIGATING REPORT BY SENIOR KUWAIT AIRWAYS PILOT OF AN UNUSUAL "LIGHT PHENOMENON" ON JUNE 20, 1980. THE PILOT, OPERATIONS DIRECTOR H. SHAMLAN, SAID THAT "DURING DESCENT THROUGH APPROXIMATELY 15,000 FT AND BEFORE REACHING WAFRA VOR, WHILE OPERATING FLIGHT NUMBER KU542 FROM CAIRO TO KUWAIT, THE CREW AND I SIGHTED A HUGE BALL OF BRIGHT LIGHT SHAPED LIKE A HEMISPHERE (HALF A MOON SHAPE) ESTIMATED DIAMTER TO BE AROUND TEN MILES, WITH THE FLAT BASE OF THE SPHERE APPROXIMATELY THE SAME LEVEL AS THE AIRCRAFT, I.E. 15,000 FT.

"ITS POSITION WAS NORTHWEST OF THE CITY OF KUWAIT AND STEADILY MOVING EASTBOUND AT A SLIGHTLY LESSER SPEED THAN MY AIRCRAFT WHICH WAS 320 KNOTS AT THAT STATE"
"WHEN I TURNED NORTH AT WAFRA, THE PHENOMENON WAS STILL CLEARLY VISIBLE AND REMAINED SO UNTIL WE DESCENDED BELOW THE HAZE LAYER AND STARTED APPROACH TO THE RUNWAY".

..ABOVE REPORT IS REMINISCENT OF REFTEL'S REPORT OF JANUARY 1979 AND NOVEMBER 1978 ON UFO SIGHTINGS IN KUWAIT'S SKIES. ACCORDING TO SENIOR KOC OFFICIAL, UFO WHICH APPEARED OVER NORTHERN OIL FIELDS IN NOVEMBER 1978 DID STRANGE THINGS TO KOC'S PUMPING SYSTEM. SOME WAGS ARE BLAMING CURRENT KUWAIT ELECTRIC POWER FAILURES (SEE KUWAIT 3220) ON UFOS.

Verified Documents

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Another UFO report from the Persian Gulf involving multiple witnesses and an object described as a ‘bright, revolving disc with changing colors that emitted a low hissing sound'.

News Archive

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Web resources and book references from Isaac's website suggesting the Umm Al-Aish incident was just one of a series of UFO sightings in the area during the month of November.

The Umm Al-Aish UFO incident in northern Kuwait, involving technicians and alleged electromagnetic effects on oil pumps, occurred on 10 November 1978. This was part of a series of incidents from 9 November 1978 to 21 November 1978.

link

new topics

<< 1   >>

join