It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Carter Fears Florida Vote Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ex US President Carter is pointing a strong finger of suspicion at the Floridian voting machine ahead of the first TV debate between Mr Bush and John Kerry.

In an article in todays Washington Post, Carter accuses various parties of failing to implement needed reforms in the voting process, and predicts a repeat of the chaos that made Florida a laughing stock four years ago.

news.bbc.co.uk
Voting arrangements in Florida do not meet "basic international requirements" and could undermine the US election, former US President Jimmy Carter says.

He accused Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood, a Republican, of trying to get the name of independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader included on the state ballot, knowing he might divert Democrat votes.

"With reforms unlikely at this late stage of the election, perhaps the only recourse will be to focus maximum public scrutiny on the suspicious process in Florida."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Carter continues his attack by suggesting that the current problems are the result of fraud and biased voting practices.

Jimmy Carter - A Fair Florida Vote
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 9-27-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A few more hurricanes, and much of the florida voting system might be reduced to paper ballots. It's getting so that everytime one roars through there, I wonder more how close they were to recovering from the last one. Has school started in florida yet, or are there areas where that hasn't happened yet. I think I'd be more worried about them getting things back together in time for elections, especially since october was predicted to be worse to begin with.....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Carter is just setting the table so when Bush wins FL the dems will have something to whine about. He is just bitter that Nader is on the ballot. God forbid Americans have a choice. What the democrats are doing to cheat Nader out of being on election ballots is criminal. It is a prime illustration of the party's hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Carter is just setting the table so when Bush wins FL the dems will have something to whine about. He is just bitter that Nader is on the ballot. God forbid Americans have a choice. What the democrats are doing to cheat Nader out of being on election ballots is criminal. It is a prime illustration of the party's hypocrisy.

yaya, i agree, the democrats know they are in a losing race, and Jimmy "the wuss" Carter is setting up the stage so when they lose, again, they can cry foul.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
hey guys.....

I have Rush on the radio in another room and well, I am kind of hopping from room to room while I clean.... The last time I hopped into the room with the radio, there was Carter speaking about the Florida voting system.....what's this about "Bush's weather machine"? Anyone know where there's an actual transcript of what he said?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm just floating this idea but is Jeb Bush younger than G.W. ??? Maybe George is using HAARP to further his brothers political career. Looks good on camera with Jeb down in the trenchs with the people.

Makes sense for the Bush family if they're really trying to be the most powerful family in the world. If George loses this election then they will need a new candidate to run on the ballots. It surely wouldn't be any of his daughters. My shoe size is bigger than both of their IQs.

I don't really believe this. Just a paranoid thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Carter- what a mook. Just because the guy was honest with the American people, just because he didn't run up a Trillion dollar deficit or invade a small island or invade Iraq, what does he know- right?

Rush- he da' man! Twelve pills a day, 3 times in rehab, wow and he's so cool. Honest too!

Just because Florida is crooked as a snake and run by Jeb (Silverado $&L- cost taxpayers billion$), Mr. Bahrain, etc. doesn't mean the 65,000+ people deliberately purged without notice from the last election (remember the one where the U.S. Supreme Court over-rode Florida's courts)-

Hey, no need to pay attention to anyone that doesn't use the same pharmacist as Limbaugh, am I right?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I'm just floating this idea but is Jeb Bush younger than G.W. ??? Maybe George is using HAARP to further his brothers political career. Looks good on camera with Jeb down in the trenchs with the people.

Makes sense for the Bush family if they're really trying to be the most powerful family in the world. If George loses this election then they will need a new candidate to run on the ballots. It surely wouldn't be any of his daughters. My shoe size is bigger than both of their IQs.

I don't really believe this. Just a paranoid thought.

According to Jerry Falwell, that is exactly their plan!

Then there is GeorgeIII, Jeb's son.

The plan has been set in motion.....

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Carter- what a mook. Just because the guy was honest with the American people, just because he didn't run up a Trillion dollar deficit or invade a small island or invade Iraq, what does he know- right?

Rush- he da' man! Twelve pills a day, 3 times in rehab, wow and he's so cool. Honest too!

Just because Florida is crooked as a snake and run by Jeb (Silverado $&L- cost taxpayers billion$), Mr. Bahrain, etc. doesn't mean the 65,000+ people deliberately purged without notice from the last election (remember the one where the U.S. Supreme Court over-rode Florida's courts)-

Hey, no need to pay attention to anyone that doesn't use the same pharmacist as Limbaugh, am I right?

Hey, If I remember right, Carter ran on a platform that included releasing any records regarding UFO's to the public....maybe I'm wrong, but isn't he the reason that we can assess those files. I know that he believes he has seen them. To have an ex-president referring to HARRP (bush's weather machine) would have some significance, at least to me....
that's if it was really Carter's voice I was hearing on Rush's show and not just someone Rush had found that just sounded like him. Hey, what can I say, don't really listen to music too much, don't have cable and daytime tv really sticks, and the public radio station was airing some stupid literary garbage on it. If nothing else, Rush can be real thought-provoking sometiimes, when he isn't being his male chauvinistic self and just irking me so much that I turn him off.

I looked around some, couldn't find anything on the web about it, so I don't know, maybe I walked in in time to hear one of those humorous mements of his show...don't know.

Just hoped that maybe, if he actually did mention it, someone on here might have found something.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Dawnstar - yes Carter said he'd release all UFO records and
'tell the truth' about them. He even saw a UFO once and filled
out an official report. Of course, once he got in, nothing happened.

Carter is an idiot. A complete idiot. A nice guy, but an idiot.

He said the elections in Venezuela went smoothly and just fine,
but Florida was a disaster. Venezuela had shootings at the
ballot sites, voter fraud, disenfranchisement, etc. .... but that
was just fine by him.

He also complains that the convicted felons in Florida can't vote
so that's disenfranchisement and racist bigotry against blacks
because blacks make up a majority of the convicted fellons in Florida.

Hello Mr. Carter .... criminals are not allowed to vote in this
country for a darn good reason. Get a grip!!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
President Jimmy Carter, 39th President, January 21. 1977- January 20, 1981
    "We cast this message into the cosmos . . . Of the 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, some - - perhaps many - - may have inhabited planet and space faring civilizations. If one such civilization intercepts Voyager and can understand these recorded contents, here is our message: We are trying to survive our time so we may live into yours. We hope some day, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of Galactic Civilizations. This record represents our hope and our determination and our goodwill in a vast and awesome universe."
      President Jimmy Carter's official statement placed on the Voyager spacecraft for its trip outside our solar system, June 16, 1977

He campaigned against Washington insiders . �He was considered to be very suspicious of the CIA. He cut hundreds of agents from the CIA payroll after becoming President.�

I remember two things most of all about Carter's administration:
    high interest rates
    Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA)

He should have fired every Fed Governor possible, prosecuted the rest and instituted government control of the money supply. The Fed tried to bankrupt the country to get rid of Carter.

After Regan took over the PRA became worse then the nightmare it was designed to cure.

A former Defense Intelligence Agency official, a senior Stanford Research Institute policy analyst and famed constitutional attorney Daniel Sheehan have all confirmed that President Carter's attempts to obtain UFO information was thwarted by illegal actions by rogue military and intelligence entities.

Yeah, Cater was an idiot- to presume just because he was President that government employees were going to follow orders, that is idiotic.

new topics

top topics

join