It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20% roll back on ministers salaries.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ok got this from somebody post Facebook

As to the Government's budget announcement today - Vulnerable Manitobans on fixed incomes were protected. Funding for public and post secondary education was protected. Healthcare for all Manitobans was protected. Here's the really big deal - Every Minister in this Government took a 20% rollback in salary and all MLAs salaries are frozen for the foreseeable future - and while nobody much is talking about this - it is huge. I am not aware of any other province that has been so brave or self sacrificing. This is leadership. I tip my hat to all of them and thank each of them for their service to all Manitobans.

From Winnipeg Sun
www.winnipegsun.com...

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
Merging 11 regional health authorities into five, eliminating 30-35 executive positions.
Merger of Manitoba Liquor Control Commission and Manitoba Lotteries Corporation.
Cut number of government-appointed boards by 20%.
20% roll back on ministers salaries.
Deferred wage increases for MLAs

Well look like there hope for some of us here in Canada
If only Ontario or the Federal could do the same

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I tip my hat to you guys as well. I wish we would take a page out of the book of our neighbors to the North here in the U.S. I could never imagine Congress taking these steps. Even if it meant saving our country from collapse. I think they would just say, "Let them eat cake."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
I tip my hat to you guys as well. I wish we would take a page out of the book of our neighbors to the North here in the U.S. I could never imagine Congress taking these steps. Even if it meant saving our country from collapse. I think they would just say, "Let them eat cake."

Ya but we all remember what happen to her
Would be better if it happen peacefully.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I had NO idea, thanks for posting this.
Should be front page news nation wide. HA.
Will be forwarding this one.

top topics

join