It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Detailed Universe: This will Blow Your Mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you cannot watch that video and not be in awe of the magnitude of the power possessed needed to create something that grande in scope and then have people ignorant enough to claim God doesn't exist and then insult Him further by saying we were apes and He had nothing to do with us.

why people have find it hard to believe God exists is beyond me when the proof is right in front of you.

the mona lisa is proof of the existence of leonardo da vinci, the universe is proof of God.

Mona lisa isn't proof of leonardo, mona lisa isn't even proof of mona lisa

What's with all this proof business anyway, you should feel God in your heart, if you believe.
If you feel a monkey in your heart..... well then, you don't believe

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You can barely prove Jesus Christ even existed, Can't even get the only human being connected to God date of birth right........LMAO.

en.wikipedia.org...

I like everyone want to believe something higher exists. Maybe it's just as simple as everything we see is made of the same thing as us and we connect somehow. Or maybe were just babies on the way to something bigger in our neighborhood. But some fantasy person in a book that is made up of fairy tales and legends. I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't understand... this model is not accurate. It does not show me in the center, with everything else revolving around me. How silly!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Vids like this always crack me up...Ouh im insignificant...nope, now im insignificant...wrong now...now im really...holy sh!t...
and at the same time it's soothing to know there's so much more to life than this #hole of a society

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thought invoking. S&F
I always wondered if our whole universe is a small part of a picture so big we can't even fathom it. What we consider vast and huge could only be a small working part of the machine. Or vise versa what we consider the smallest known thing could home an entire universe of it's own.
I always knew there was something special about ''Horton hears a who'' that story still makes me feel fuzzy inside.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ive got a completely stupid question but can anyone tell me why everything is round or spherical as far as the planets stars and atoms

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Amazing video
Im just curious... What is that last part they are showing? Right when the video ends.

I believe that is called quantum foam.

Quantum Foam

Quantum foam (also referred to as spacetime foam), is a concept in quantum mechanics devised by John Wheeler in 1955. The foam is supposed to be conceptualized as the foundation of the fabric of the universe.

Additionally, quantum foam can be used as a qualitative description of subatomic spacetime turbulence at extremely small distances (on the order of the Planck length). At such small scales of time and space, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle allows energy to briefly decay into particles and antiparticles and then annihilate without violating physical conservation laws.

As the scale of time and space being discussed shrinks, the energy of the virtual particles increases. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, energy curves spacetime. This suggests that - at sufficiently small scales - the energy of these fluctuations would be large enough to cause significant departures from the smooth spacetime seen at larger scales, giving spacetime a "foamy" character. With an incomplete theory of quantum gravity, it is impossible to be certain what spacetime would look like at these small scales, because existing theories of gravity do not give accurate predictions in that regime. Therefore, any of the developing theories of quantum gravity may improve our understanding of quantum foam as they are tested.

However, observations of radiation from nearby quasars by Floyd Stecker of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center have placed strong mathematical limits on the possible violations of Einstein's special theory of relativity implied by the existence of quantum foam. Thus experimental evidence so far has given a range of values in which scientists can test for quantum foam.

Theory of course, but my best guess as to what it resembled.
edit on 20-4-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
For those of you who now feel insignificant Watch this video

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson tells what he believes to be the Universe's most astouding fact.

The song is "To build a home" by Cinematic Orchestra

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I always loved this Intro....

Especially the "every point of light is a galaxy" bit

Just WOW

And also this

edit on 20/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Makes you wonder if we are inside of Gods mind

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Looked like multiple universes right?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I wish ATS implemented the Reddit upvote/downvote system. It would be satisfying to see some comments (esp. those that refer to invisible friends and invoke 'God' as the answer to anything) downvoted to oblivion.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by blupblup

Makes you wonder if we are inside of Gods mind

Not sure about god... not my thing, but somebody's mind for sure.

Maybe we each have a universe inside our own mind?

who knows.... starts to hurt your head after a while

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Gravity. What other form would make more sense in microgravity?

Here is what a candle looks like in microgravity.

Water in microgravity.

Bursting a water balloon in microgravity.

Moss grown on STS-89 Space Shuttle mission.
NASA.

Subatomic particle collision image from the STAR detector at RHIC ion collider.

Planets forming in space are a bit different, it's generally accepted the minimum diameter of a body in space requires about a 500 km diameter to form a spherical body. Irregular shaped bodies and moons are common smaller that that, though not impossible.

BTW, I suspect the bubbles in black near the end where they pull away from the known Universe is supposed to suggest multiverses. The previous poster who identified the heliosphere of our solar system at the end is also my guess, the edge of our solar bubble to interstellar space.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I found a better solar system simulator.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Gravity seems to be the key here.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Amazing video
Im just curious... What is that last part they are showing? Right when the video ends.

The last part is a artist rendition of star formation as seen from our perspective through space and land based telescopes!
It's truely amazing how much we know about astronomy, physics and the likes but still can't grasp the social sciences enough to live peacefully!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I saw something very similar to this yesterday about the stars and with the same tune in the background:3 Good find!

When I think about how small we are, it really get's me thinking... it makes me feel like we're nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good video, but there are better ones. And by better I mean in terms of grasping the sheer size of our Universe.

For example, this one is my favorite, although a bit old.

What I liked in the OP's video is that at the end they point in a smart manner towards the multiverse bubble theory, dunno if anyone else noticed it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Originally posted by ed1320
Ive got a completely stupid question but can anyone tell me why everything is round or spherical as far as the planets stars and atoms

It has to do with efficiency. The universe is thrifty when it comes to it's resources.

I got this information from the BBC documentary "The Code". It is a 3 part series consisting of 1.Numbers, 2.Shapes and 3.Prediction.

Luckily i managed to find the exact segment that answers your question.

Here it is

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join