It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Detailed Universe: This will Blow Your Mind.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok, so, I just found this video and I felt compelled to share it here with ATS. The title pretty much sums it up, mind blowing, absolutely spectacular. It's quite fascinating when one realizes the true scale of the universe, a fact in which most people still find hard to fathom. "From nano-metres to billions of light years." This video attempts to put things in a little better perspective. And I would say, it does just that. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Amazing video
Im just curious... What is that last part they are showing? Right when the video ends.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Amazing video
Im just curious... What is that last part they are showing? Right when the video ends.

I've just been wondering that myself. To be honest, I'm fairly sure that last part (whatever it is) and when it zooms out all the way are simply theoretical, as the fully zoomed out view seems to show multiple 'universes'.

Great video either way... S+F

Kyle

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Did exactly what it says on the tin ...... Blew my mind

Bookmarked for later mind blowing

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Yea, I noticed that as well... I believe they're just symbolizing that even the smallest of molecules, especially the ones which when combined compose life, are all traceable back to the stars, and to the universe itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well now, doesn't that just make me feel so significant...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Amazing video

At the end when it zooms back in it apperars to be showing the location of our solar system within the Milky Way galaxy. We are approximately 25,000 light years from the center of the galaxy and located in a spiral arm of it. When it was zoomed all the way out it was showing the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation.

OP, very cool video and a good quick to the point visual representation. It still does not convey just how large the observable universe is but it makes you think.

en.wikipedia.org...

In cosmology, cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation (also CMBR, CBR, MBR, and relic radiation) is thermal radiation filling the observable universe almost uniformly.[1]

With a traditional optical telescope, the space between stars and galaxies (the background) is completely dark. However, a sufficiently sensitive radio telescope shows a faint background glow, almost exactly the same in all directions, that is not associated with any star, galaxy, or other object. This glow is strongest in the microwave region of the radio spectrum. The CMB's serendipitous discovery in 1964 by American radio astronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson[2] was the culmination of work initiated in the 1940s, and earned them the 1978 Nobel Prize.

Cosmic background radiation is well explained as radiation left over from an early stage in the development of the universe, and its discovery is considered a landmark test of the Big Bang model of the universe. When the universe was young, before the formation of stars and planets, it was smaller, much hotter, and filled with a uniform glow from its white-hot fog of hydrogen plasma. As the universe expanded, both the plasma and the radiation filling it grew cooler. When the universe cooled enough, protons and electrons could form neutral atoms. These atoms could no longer absorb the thermal radiation, and the universe became transparent instead of being an opaque fog. Cosmologists refer to the time period when neutral atoms first formed as the recombination epoch, and the event shortly after of photons starting to travel freely through space rather than constantly scattering with electrons and protons in plasma is referred to as photon decoupling, with the set of points in space and time where photons began to travel freely being called the surface of last scattering. The photons that existed at the time of photon decoupling have been propagating ever since, though growing fainter and less energetic, since the expansion of space causes their wavelength to increase over time (and wavelength is inversely proportional to energy according to Planck's relation). This is the source for the alternate term relic radiation.

edit on 19/4/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Just a wild guess here. But could the last image portray a molecule of hydrogen?

Research to date has shown that the primary element in the universe is hydrogen.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think it could be the heliosphere traveling through the interstellar medium. The heliosphere is the region of space that is effected by the solar wind and the interstellar medium is a very very thin hydrogen gas that is in between the stars. Anyways, as the sun and it's associated heliosphere move through space they make a bow wave, basically, in the interstellar medium. Kind looks like that part.

Here's some pictures

edit on 19-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Great video! Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I thought it was showing other universes as speculated with a 10th (or is it 11th) dimension in superstring theory. Basically it states that there are an infinite amount of universes, and possibly when they bump into each other they create a new universe like ours.

String Theory

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Gotta love it lol one of my favorite songs...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

How nice of you to ruin a perfectly good thread with an irrelevant song.

I do not like you or your bad manners

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Amazing, and thats only a small aprt of the universe...

Here's what some believe summed up....

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang! BANG

....and that people is why evolutionists are people of even greater faith than all the religious people of all the religions all combined together over all time.

And they call Christians nuts..!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Get a clue.......
Why do you have to spew your religion on totally unrelated topics? Who are you trying to convince?

On topic, that was a badass video, thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I found that video too just better music

such a pity were not allowed to see those wonders for real..............prison planet and all

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

For some reason I'm just tired of all these detailed universe videos. I've seen so many it's gotten to the point where they are starting to become redundant...no matter how visually pleasing the video is, I still won't be able to grasp the immense vastness of the universe in my mind. You know? These types of videos definitely do get me thinking, but I still feel detached from it all.

Thanks for sharing though!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
you cannot watch that video and not be in awe of the magnitude of the power possessed needed to create something that grande in scope and then have people ignorant enough to claim God doesn't exist and then insult Him further by saying we were apes and He had nothing to do with us.

why people have find it hard to believe God exists is beyond me when the proof is right in front of you.

the mona lisa is proof of the existence of leonardo da vinci, the universe is proof of God.

edit on 19-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Can you take this irreducible complexity crap somewhere else please?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Riddle me this: what kind of technology was used to get that kind of depth/view of the universe? Hubble? or what exactly ? Is it just all conjucture/Software manipulation ??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join