It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney an "American Parasite"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Bernie Madoff was a capitalist too..

Madoff is sitting in jail but didn't do anything this nations duly elected leaders do on a daily basis and have done for decades.

Steve Jobs is dead so what the hell does that have to do with anything

Bill Gates don't really have anything nice to say about Bill.

Henry Ford was a nazi collaborator and was right there in Gernmany right up til the begining of WW2.

I have seen zero honor or dignity from current democratic leadership in this country in the last 3 years even going back the last decade and going way back even further with their creations that have killed this nation with their Federal Reserve,Fanny and Freddy and other sheer stupidity.

So who get to print their own money and determine the value of that piece of paper?

IF you said corporations,banks and wall street youd be wrong as usual.

edit on 19-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Damrod

you don't have to buy auto insurance if you keep your busted ride off the streets.

make sense now?

Absolutely not...a mandate is a mandate. Anytime the GOV tells you that you HAVE to buy this or buy that...it is something that is NOT democracy.

Listen to you...10 posts ago bashing on people that don't like Romney yet you'd defend a Government that is in your life...telling you how to live and what to buy.

Don't tell me....you prob go along with the Birth Control talk, kill planned parenthood and deny women the right to choose. Are you for making people buy more fuel efficient cars too? What's next? No lights on in the bedroom and missionary position only? Of course...just for procreation...no recreation in the bedroom.

I am forced to abide by certain laws that I cannot skirt around...but I will gnash my teeth and growl the entire time.

I'm a Libertarian, I still remember what freedom was and what it is supposed to be....do you?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

That's an old DNC Talking Point. Must be getting desperate. He saved lots of companies and jobs. Sometimes literacy is necessary to glean fact from fiction.

The companies were failing and set to go bankrupt. His success rate at saving them was excellent, but he could not save them all. The "TRUE" alternative if your not a Party slave is that all of the companies would have gone bankrupt and all their employees would have lost their jobs.

Of course I hate both Parties. I'm writing in a Candidate. I can't reward either one for lies and deception.

These things are not hard to research for truth if a person wants truth. Sadly Democrats and Republicans all seem to be liars these days. Sad they get to vote.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

reply to post by Damrod

you don't have to buy auto insurance if you keep your busted ride off the streets.

make sense now?

Absolutely not...a mandate is a mandate. Anytime the GOV tells you that you HAVE to buy this or buy that...it is something that is NOT democracy.

Listen to you...10 posts ago bashing on people that don't like Romney yet you'd defend a Government that is in your life...telling you how to live and what to buy.

Don't tell me....you prob go along with the Birth Control talk, kill planned parenthood and deny women the right to choose. Are you for making people buy more fuel efficient cars too? What's next? No lights on in the bedroom and missionary position only? Of course...just for procreation...no recreation in the bedroom.

I am forced to abide by certain laws that I cannot skirt around...but I will gnash my teeth and growl the entire time.

I'm a Libertarian, I still remember what freedom was and what it is supposed to be....do you?

i'm not bashing people that don't like Romney...I wrote that successful companies aren't usually sold so whatever happened in this situation doesn't illustrate that Romney is a parasite.

i don't own a car, so i don't care if the government and insurance companies are sticking it to you. but you like recreational sex anyways so I don't see why you'd care. some people consider domination and/or being dominated to be sexually arousing...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Have they unearthed any Romney criminal activity or associations yet ?

President Obama praised then-N.J. Governor Jon Corzine at a 2009 rally as an “honorable man” and one of his “best partners” in the White House. Obama insisted Corzine was a man who “tells it to you straight” and highlighted how he and Corzine worked together to put the stimulus together.

The AP reports: At least two class-action lawsuits on behalf of MF Global shareholders have been filed against Corzine and three other top executives. They accuse the firm and its top executives of making false and misleading statements about MF Global's financial strength, internal controls and cash balances. MF Global filed for bankruptcy protection on Oct. 31 after a disastrous bet on European government debt. In just a week, stock investors lost about $585 million, the shareholders say. More than $600 million in clients' money is still missing. Regulators say MF Global moved the money out of client accounts within days as the firm's cash dried up. No one at MF Global has been charged with a crime or civil violation. But regulators and the FBI and other criminal investigators are investigating MF Global's failure, and Corzine has hired a prominent white-collar defense attorney.

video and captions (Fox);
Obama Flashback: Praises White House 'Partner' Jon Corzine ... 'He Tells It to You Straight!'

(visual instructions for "sweeping change")

The Jon speaks...while watching the 2 big boys !

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
S&F for trying to shed some light on this parasite but unfortunately it won't make a difference. Not only will nothing be done to stop the likes of Mitt & Bain but I bet that half of the people that lost their jobs due to Bain Capital will actually vote for Mitt Romney at the next Presidential election. That's how stupid we, the people, have become.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"You show me a capitalist, and I'll show you a bloodsucker"
-Malcolm X

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

America is not competitive in labor intensive industries and this was the gradual reality being experienced in the 90s as India and China, who don't have labor unions, began to emerge as globally competitive nations.

Yes, America cant compete with countries with no environmental regulations or wages that support a middle class.

If you love China, why not just move there?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I can't figure out why Newt is still in it unless he hasn't shown all his cards yet. He might be sitting on something waiting until right before the convention when there is no time to spin or do damage control on Romney's part.

Newt is running for (essentially free) publicity. Just like everyone else except maybe Romney.

He will be rewarded with more books sales and another job at a cablenews station.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Successful companies are rarely 'For Sale'. rarely as in almost never.

actually, companies that are suffering and not competitive are the ones that are sold.

just thought I'd mention this, which appears obvious to me.

This seems to me more a case of the ignorance of those who operated those companies and there gullibility to fall for fancy words or the suits and ties. From what I seen all business and companies have and ebb and flow, when the ebb comes. Some of them in there desperation and instead of working things out themselves which if they would of most of them would still be there and even thriving when the flow comes.

Clearly they were not thinking things through, especially when they they sought advice of the so called "professionals" to help them become big business again, or to extend beyond there reach. And it is about this time that In comes your friendly neighborhood snake in a suit with the big plans to get the big bucks, and they have a buyer lined up already it seems, ie mostly china but other countries as well sprinkled here and there.

And all that they wanted did come true, that is they became bigger and more global. They all made money off it, well not all, in the short term Romney and crew made big bucks, and the stockholders are probably raking in the dough steadily as the company grows for a while, at least till the Chinese clamp down on that. Since it seems it's all almost owned and operated from China, or the former companies and all the assets are in parts somewhere in China or around the globe depending on the highest to lowest bidder.

Chop shop indeed, good business clearly this Mitt Romney fellow whoever he is, works for the Chinese.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Successful companies are rarely 'For Sale'.

Puhleeese, never heard of a hostile take over.

Successful companies are bought all the time, tore apart and sold off for quick profit. When the rules are written to favor the crooks, that is the way things go. As long as the buyers make a profit, they don't care about the long term survival of the company. They have no real investment.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

You're kidding right?

Every successful company is up for sale.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

One good thing about the long winded GOP primaries is that this Bain issue has already been discussed over and over, so Romney already has experience answering these questions.
He survived Newt, so Obama would be a piece of cake.

Never heard of this Bain issue before myself, and I am a fairly well informed person.

All indications, Romney makes John Kerry look like an ordinary joe.

When the U.S. hears about this Bain situation, and there are probably more examples like this, then they should wake up to what a horrible president Romney would make.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

reply to post by Damrod

make sense now?

It was Romney's plan that served as a model for Obamacare. He forced all of Mass. to purchase health insurance.

As far as what Romney does for a living. There is nothing wrong with pushing for greater efficiency. In that, the USA has done a great job. The other side of the equation has been ignored however making what romney does immoral.

The problem with that push for efficiency is that it leaves a certian segment of the population unable to find gainful employment. I.E. We can now produce much more with far fewer people. So either consumption must rise or we must allocate the current production between the entire employment pool. I personally don't see increased consumption being able to get us over the hump as the majority of Americans are going backwards in their real purchasing power. That leaves us with allocating the employment pool more fairly.

Simply make full time work 32 hours instead of 40. That alone would be enough to get everyone working. We would need a one time adjustment to prices and wages to get back to an equilibrium that works. I.E. a minimum livable wage. Something along the lines of a 25% increase in prices and a 50% increase in wages.

Someone posted something about a life of ease a few days back. That is what we should be aspiring to. People should be able to go to work, do a fair amount of work and not have to worry about finances very much. Those who want more are welcome to chase it, as long as they do so in some predefined rules to ensure their behavior is not destructive to society as whole.

I am going way off track here, but I think we need a national referendum which defines what we are seeking as a nation. There is no coherent message as to what we are striving for as a society. Can anyone state what our goals are, as a country, for the next 10 year, 25 years, 50 years? Such a plan does not exist, at least in the public domain. The Presidential elections should be the platform on which this is done, but unfortunately they always revolve around current issues. I think most people would be surprised at the consensus we could form if the issues were not presented from the various political angles and instead were discussed with the viewpoint of the people as a whole.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

if your saying that the first owners will allow someone to pay them a premium in the form of stock, then yes its for sale.

if you think your purchase will give you control...

this conversation is boring and stupid.

if that company was all the president of the local union said it was it wouldn't have been treated like step child. its amazing he never said anything about the people that sold it...but only about the people that bought it.

Bain capital and companies like them obviously serve the purpose of thinning out the herd.

the 80s and 90s had far more vicious businessmen than Romney has shown himself to be...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
For what its worth - the Wall Street Journal did a pretty through write-up of how the companies Bain invested in did during the time Romney was running Bain.

Romney at Bain: Big Gains, Some Busts

The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bain's involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings: 22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses. An additional 8% ran into so much trouble that all of the money Bain invested was lost.

Another finding was that Bain produced stellar returns for its investors—yet the bulk of these came from just a small number of its investments. Ten deals produced more than 70% of the dollar gains.

Interesting findings. Only 10 businesses out of the 77 reviewed produced significant dollar gains. In addition, many went bankrupt or ran into trouble.

The 10 that produced the most dollar gains are laid out in the chart below.

Interesting how out of those 10 four later went bankrupt.

I guess it depends on which goal you look at. If the goal was to make max profit in the shortest time for Bain investors - Romney certainly did that. If the goal was generate a smaller but more long term return on investment by making companies successful - Romney doesn't have a great track record with these.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Brilliant , thanks for citing another source and articulating the REAL deal so simply.

But here's my question:

If over at Bain the motivation was to squeeze every dollar by any means necessary , and the common man paid the price while a few choice investors walked off multi millions richer. The benefit , to me , is clear - he had a duty to Bain, to himself, and to his friends - the specific stock holders.

Why does he want to be president so badly??? He has the money , obviously he doesn't care about the people.
Who would he be helping and what is his motivations for wanting to ..you know...destroy our lives???

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Wow this country is basically screwed.. it's either Mitt Romney or Obama, there's almost no chance of Ron Paul making a come back and winning :\ I thought he'd have a chance after Rick Santorum dropped out but.. ehh

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I am simply responding to your statement that "successful business's are never for sale". They are most assuredly always for sale.

If they are not sold..it is because the owner has not been offered the right price.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

actually, companies that are suffering and not competitive are the ones that are sold.

just thought I'd mention this, which appears obvious to me.

It is not obvious, share holders and sole proprietors like to cash out all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join