It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney an "American Parasite"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wont say Romney is a bad person cause I don't really know. I think it is obvious though that he and his family have no clue what it is to live like a regular American. I am not all happy about Obama but I prefer him to what Romney would bring to America.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

If you want to talk about parasites, here are a few.

Franklin Raines-Chairman of Fannie Mae when it collapsed. Raines works for the Obama Campaign as his Chief Economic Advisor.

Tim Howard, CFO of Fannie Mae-forced out for manipulating the books to show a stable pattern of earnings. Now Obama's Chief Economic Advisor under Franklin Raines.

Jim Johnson-Executive of Lehman Brothers who was forced out as CEO of Fannie Mae for hiding his salary. Johnson was hired as a Senior Obama Finance Advisor and was selected to run Obama's Vice Presidential Search Committee.

ACTUALLY YOUR ENTIRE POST IS A HOAX

Debunked here on Urbanlegends..

Analysis: While the above litany of charges against former Fannie Mae executives Franklin Raines, Tim Howard, and Jim Johnson matches up pretty closely with what has been reported in legitimate news sources, it's not true that any of these gentlemen went on to serve as "chief economic adviser" or "senior financial adviser" to the Barack Obama campaign.

urbanlegends.about.com...

Debunked here on Snopes
www.snopes.com...

Ad infinium.....Please don't pollute legitimate discussions with Spam/Hoax trash.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good Lord.

Perhaps he/she is already working for the campaign. I have yet to run across someone who unknowingly had ALL of their "facts" wrong...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Successful companies are rarely 'For Sale'. rarely as in almost never.

actually, companies that are suffering and not competitive are the ones that are sold.

just thought I'd mention this, which appears obvious to me.

In the corporate world everything is for sale.

The suffering and uncompetitive companies are just sold for less.

The article is an interesting read and insight into Mitt.

Derek

its cutthroat and backstabbing and everyone loses jobs, is beaten out for promotions and find themselves adjusting to a new situations...at one point or the other.

I bet the manufacturers of wagon wheels weren't to happy when their industry changed and the roads of corporate America are littered with the remains of the makers of typewriters and cassette tapes and music and book stores.

and you all know it...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

the difference is the tape casette was replaced, the typewriter was replaced. All of these progressions are the normal evolution of free market.

the better mouse trap.

The companies that were given as example; paper , steel , medical equipment....are still pretty lucrative industries.

Lucrative to the people who OWN the corporation, and satisfactory ends meat jobs for the 3rd world workers who now make the products.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

different situation entirely.

finding a small company that produces a unique and innovative product and joining up with it is different from finding a small company that inefficiently produces something as common and as steel rods.

America is not competitive in labor intensive industries and this was the gradual reality being experienced in the 90s as India and China, who don't have labor unions, began to emerge as globally competitive nations.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One good thing about the long winded GOP primaries is that this Bain issue has already been discussed over and over, so Romney already has experience answering these questions.
He survived Newt, so Obama would be a piece of cake.

Plus, I think creative destruction is still much better than destruction by ignorance.

Hey, at least Romney would now what the hell he's doing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

the difference is the tape casette was replaced, the typewriter was replaced. All of these progressions are the normal evolution of free market.

the better mouse trap.

The companies that were given as example; paper , steel , medical equipment....are still pretty lucrative industries.

Lucrative to the people who OWN the corporation, and satisfactory ends meat jobs for the 3rd world workers who now make the products.

and as they were replaced facilities were being shut down and people laid off...but they managed and found other good situations.

and people that do what Bain Capital does are all a normal part of the free market.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes, I know YOUR comparison was a different thing entirely.

The facts state, as detailed in the article, that these companies that were purchased were not inefficient as their were competitive wages, profit sharing, job growth, and multiple shifts immediately Before they were bought under deceptive promises.

Before we go further I would have to ask Did you read the Article?

because thats what this thread is about...the article that I posted.

If not, I suppose you just want to talk to me ...which is flattering. I just want to know where we are at in this relationship....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Never mind the companies he bought, drained and closed...just do some research into a company called "Steel Dynamics".

In a nutshell....(this from the man that says Gov and taxes don't create jobs).

Bayne decided to build a steel mill. They found a town/state willing to foot the site prep costs (infrastructure, sewage, access roads, etc). The town/state spent millions of...what?....tax payer dollars which in turn caused them to have to raise taxes on the citizens. On top of THAT, Steel Dynamics got years of tax incentives...aka...they weren't paying back the investment. In a sense, these people paid for Steel Dynamics to come there with their tax dollars...

But it is much more ugly and involved than all that. Just look into it. You might be surprised just how much "tax money" this "job creator" has used to line his pockets and strip people of their collective bargaining rights.
edit on 4/19/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Even a company Romney cites as one of his greatest achievements — Steel Dynamics, where he was a minority investor — was practically launched by corporate welfare. Indiana taxpayers gave the firm $77 million to open a plant. Residents of DeKalb County actually had their income taxes raised solely to help Romney and his friends.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
One good thing about the long winded GOP primaries is that this Bain issue has already been discussed over and over, so Romney already has experience answering these questions.
He survived Newt, so Obama would be a piece of cake.

He hasn't survived Newt yet. Say what you want about Newt Gingrich, but he is one smart and crafty bastard and has been around a long time. I keep wondering why he is staying in the race?? Is it possible he has one last bomb to toss Romney's way? Well timed right before the nomination?

I can't figure out why Newt is still in it unless he hasn't shown all his cards yet. He might be sitting on something waiting until right before the convention when there is no time to spin or do damage control on Romney's part.

Otherwise, he is not stupid. Why is he hanging in there spending his last pocket change?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Bain capital itself took money from the gov at Romney's negotiation...

As business slowed, this debt load began to squeeze the firm. Bain & Co. ultimately found itself in non-compliance with Bank of New England loan covenants. The resulting debt write-off at the bank eventually resulted in that bank's failure in 1991.

Facing financial duress, Bain Capital partner Mitt Romney was asked to rejoin and lead Bain & Co. as interim CEO. Romney negotiated a complex settlement between the Bain partnership and the firm's lenders, including a $10 million reduction in the $38 million Bain owed the Bank of New England, which by that time had been seized by the FDIC and placed in Chapter 7 liquidation.

The FDIC bailed out the bank that went bankrupt...and Romney sticks the gov with 10M worth of Bain debt.

And what about these companies..

For eleven years Harold Kellogg had worked for an office-supplies manufacturer called SCM, but a few months earlier his plant had been acquired by a Texas-based company called American Pad and Paper, in which Bain Capital had a majority stake. AmPad fired all of the union workers at Kellogg’s plant, more than 250 people in total, then hired most of them back at much lower wages.

For years, Harold and his fellow employees had gotten health-care coverage as part of their pay package, but now AmPad asked them to pay half of the costs.

By 2001, five years after the company had been taken public, it had filed for bankruptcy and liquidated its assets. But Bain Capital made more than $100 million from AmPad for itself and its investors.

Bain Capital's acquisition of Ampad exemplified a deal where it profited handsomely from early payments and management fees, even though the subject company itself ended up going into bankruptcy.

Dade Behring was another case where Bain Capital received an eightfold return on its investment, but the company itself was saddled with debt and laid off over a thousand employees before Bain Capital exited (the company subsequently went into bankruptcy, with more layoffs, before finally recovering and prospering).

bud-meyers.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't care if Romney destroyed 258 jobs.
I don't care if he had workers re-apply at 1/2 salary. They were offered a job, not welfare.
Obama has destroyed millions of jobs.
If Romney cleaned house at a non-profitable company, he can clean house in America.
Government was never meant to create jobs. It is not to suckle until you can suckle no more.
It is not the Good Will or Salvation Army. It is a net to catch those in unfortunate situations but not to treat then to a lifetime of non-earned benefits.
Government is not supposed to sell car insurance? But it is ok to sell health insurance?
Our government is already heartless. Look at the foreclosures. Look at the buy-a-congressman.
Welfare today is not meant to help. It is meant to buy votes.
Romney is used to being waited on? Obama is used to being served by those ignorant of his intentions.
If you disagree with Our Dear Leader you will be marginalized and held up to ridicule.
It is easy to post anti-Romney threads because of Bain.
It is easier to post anti-Obama threads because of his foolishness and ideology.
Who is selling our technology now? Obama buddies such as General Electric.
Now people are critizing his wife for not being knowledgeable about finances while they are critizing Mitt about his knowledge of finances. Weird logic.
Don't give up. But you are just preaching to the choir out of the Obama handbook. You won't change any minds but it might make you feel better.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

it may just be us talking...and I did skim the article and got the gist of it. i found it interesting that the head of the Steelworkers Union is prominently featured. It should also be noted that Sanderson was considered "Blue Collar Aristocracy"

i feel its one sided and serves an average purpose of making mitt romney look like the grinch.

all i'm saying is that this company was obviously headed for a slow death in a noncompetitive industry. the non-competitiveness in many American industries is often blamed, correctly, on the unions...its like they shot themselves in many cases; but they blame someone else for the injury.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great another bash Romney thread yes yes Romney is evil for making money but hey guess what that what a Capitalist does.

Sit there and tell them how much they can make doesn't work that way

Sit there and lecture morality of how to make that money doesn't work that way

Any business man is in it to win it and make cash Romney was better at than the venture Capitalist closing down businesses in american left and right and cheered for it.

Coal plants shutting down
all those evil millionaire and billions with their luxury yachts and planes and all those multimillion dollar homes built by and worked on by who are all middle class.

It is straight out BS the parasite in this country are well known but never called what they are with over 120 tirllion dollar promised to people most who do not earn it are the parasites.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Romney makes perfect sense if you want to chop shop this country and sell it piece meal to china and all or other debitors.. I mean thats basically what Romney did for a living.

and dont get me wrong, Obama is the worst choice, but its like having to Chose from a Break in or a Car Jacking, doesn't really matter in the end your still screwed.
edit on 19-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Good point there, mate.

I did noticed that all our economies are now in the hands of China.
For now, the best bet would seem to be Ron Paul (sorry if i said something horrible there, i don't know a lot of his goals for USA), but it doesn't make a lot of difference, for all politiciens are under a more powerful government.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I don't care if Romney destroyed 258 jobs.
I don't care if he had workers re-apply at 1/2 salary. They were offered a job, not welfare.
Obama has destroyed millions of jobs.
If Romney cleaned house at a non-profitable company, he can clean house in America.
Government was never meant to create jobs. It is not to suckle until you can suckle no more.
It is not the Good Will or Salvation Army. It is a net to catch those in unfortunate situations but not to treat then to a lifetime of non-earned benefits.
Government is not supposed to sell car insurance? But it is ok to sell health insurance?
Our government is already heartless. Look at the foreclosures. Look at the buy-a-congressman.
Welfare today is not meant to help. It is meant to buy votes.
Romney is used to being waited on? Obama is used to being served by those ignorant of his intentions.
If you disagree with Our Dear Leader you will be marginalized and held up to ridicule.
It is easy to post anti-Romney threads because of Bain.
It is easier to post anti-Obama threads because of his foolishness and ideology.
Who is selling our technology now? Obama buddies such as General Electric.
Now people are critizing his wife for not being knowledgeable about finances while they are critizing Mitt about his knowledge of finances. Weird logic.
Don't give up. But you are just preaching to the choir out of the Obama handbook. You won't change any minds but it might make you feel better.

Don't care about the POTUS. I didn't vote for him in 2008 and won't vote for him in 2012. I also will not vote for Mr. Roboto Romney.

Now you DO understand that the health care mandate is not the Gov selling insurance?...correct?...It is FORCING YOU to go out and buy healthcare insurance. I have a problem with that personally. As a Libertarian...no one should tell me I have to buy anything. It's funny though. I don't see a damn one of the loudmouths against Obamacare crying one bit about mandated auto insurance...it's the same. Why is ok for the GOV (state or fed) to tell you you have auto insurance but it's not ok for them to tell you to buy health insurance?

F'ing hypocrisy. From all that tout that crap. I despise the fact they can tell me to buy anything....but those of you that moan cause someone doesn't have auto insurance and your little car got scratched...better suck it up....if you want one...you are asking for both....

Freedom and choice people...try to remember what those words mean.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Great another bash Romney thread yes yes Romney is evil for making money but hey guess what that what a Capitalist does.

Bernie Madoff was a capitalist too..

Now...Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? efen Henry Ford? Those men built something.

Romney?...just a flavor of Gordan Gekko...Just another Bernie Madoff who hasn't gotten caught and being "successful" is not measured by the size of your wallet, at least for men of honor and dignity.

Gordon Gekko:

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and ...what I do, stock and real estate speculation.

It's bull#. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it.

Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

you don't have to buy auto insurance if you keep your busted ride off the streets.

make sense now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join