It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccuring dream Theme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok for the last couple of years now I have been having various dreams in different settings but all with the same theme. In my dreams there is always a plane crash that I see from the ground and either I am being chased but cannot run despite putting all my energy into it, or trying to get up a hill but not having the energy/power to move fast enough. To add to this I sometimes have dreams where, when being chased I take off like a bird but soon come back down to the ground and sometimes I try to take off but cannot.

Any explainations to this, I am sure there will be some subconcious messaging going on here.
edit on 19/4/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
SPAM removed by Admin
edit on Apr 19th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would say that not being able to run and having trouble flying are related as they often appear together in the same dream, at least in my experience. And usually means a subconscious fear of failing in a task or in life. It could also mean that you feel trapped or frustrated, and unable to change certain parts in your life that are important to you.
This is what I read about my dreams, but it can apply to everyone on some level i think, Karl Jung wrote a lot about this!
Does the plane crash appear every time you dream?
That might be some starting point as I dont think its a very common dream

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

The plane does not crash every time but there is always a plane crash in the dreams that involve the things mentioned above.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

So you say you see it from the ground, I would think it relates to some "event" that you have witnessed or will witness (if you believe in predicting the future) and over which you have no real power, and that can be why the other part of the dream is about feeling helpless.
Again, this is only from the little I read about dreams

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Ok for the last couple of years now I have been having various dreams in different settings but all with the same theme. In my dreams there is always a plane crash that I see from the ground and either I am being chased but cannot run despite putting all my energy into it, or trying to get up a hill but not having the energy/power to move fast enough. To add to this I sometimes have dreams where, when being chased I take off like a bird but soon come back down to the ground and sometimes I try to take off but cannot.

Any explainations to this, I am sure there will be some subconcious messaging going on here.

In real life you seek to protect yourself from danger (plane crash) and are sensitive to any situation. Your real life frustrations also come out in dreams . While you are struggling to progress , grow, learn, succeed in life , oftimes something out of the ordinary will crop up and try to discourage or hinder us. Your dream struggle suggests you wish to ''fly'' like an eagle, and or be a FREE bird so as to escape it all...*.harm/dangers). Being chased, I think may be interpreted as you could be running away from your fears when in real life you should face them. One or more /or whole combo depends on the dream.

That's my interpretation
--- Hope it helps.
Happy dreaming from now on!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, i think it definatley is about my life wether it be past current or future. I will just have to work it out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

And I have faith that you will! (get things worked out)!

Thanks for sharing your dreams.... It's great that you are trying to seek understanding and is possible you will continue this dream until you do get this thing resolved whatever it may be...

Really, only you -yourself- can truly figure out what this dream is trying to tell you ... I do find that if we get intune with ourselves that we can gain a better understanding in facing probs we have in this life. We can gain a little more insight....Heck who am I, I'm stILL trying to figure it all out

You are most welcome and I do wish you the best life has to offer

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Plane crash dreams are my most common reoccurring theme dreams. For years I've struggled with what my subconscious is trying to say - what is it a metaphor for?

Sometimes it nose dives right at me, sometimes it struggles to stay aloft, sometimes it crashes in the distance, sometimes its a jetliner, sometimes a glider or anything between, ...but the subtheme is that as soon as I see the thing I recognize it and joke to myself or anybody near me that I know what's going to happen next.

In the beginning, like all my apocalyptic dreams, I was scared, but now I embrace it because I know what to expect.

The most interesting thing is that sometimes the planes are ORANGE...and this makes me think its a metaphor for the apocalypse as I equate Judgement Day with the Red Sky dream - one that I and MANY others have had.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Reoccurring dreams are how your mind works on problems you have been having for a while, in your sleep. You have to think kind of abstractly in order to figure out what your mind is working on.Only you will know what your dream is telling you, but usually reoccurring dreams are frustrations in some part of your life. Or at least that is what I have determined from my own dreams.

top topics

join