It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I'm not sure which is braver- or more commendable.
Accepting the possibility that God could work through evolution, or putting forward a translation other than the Authorised Version (or KJV, if you insist).

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by olliemc84

Go look outside, there's your evidence.

Ummm...where?

Can you give me a clue as to what I should be looking for?
edit on 20-4-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The translation I put forth is a combination of the KJV and the CLV, I took words from both, and then changed a few of the words (like Adam) to it's original meaning (mankind), and I think the translation I presented paints a much more scientific picture of our heritage, than does accepting the KJV presented translation, which seems to point to a singular Adam and Eve, which is incompatible with modern science.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Romans 1:19-22

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'm not a "KJV" worshipper. I normally quote from the RSV myself.
I was joshing you about your bravery in risking more conservative criticism, but I applaud what you're doing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hi NyT ...I am glad you are in this thread ...The bible codes are a very incredible phenomena ..There should be no doubt to any serious person that looks into it that the first 5 books contain from the macro to the micro the finest details of what we call our existence and what has,is,and will happen ..The only other explanation one might try and make with a great deal of difficulty is that Genesis was written after Revelation ...game,set,match .... Man is without excuse ...But praise to our God for providing us with such a sure salvation in our Lord Jesus Christ ....peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by windword

It comes from the God who directed it all.

This entire experiment, from beginning to end, and he's been communicating with us since day one, but people fail to listen.....

This earth and reality is but a simulation in the mind of God, and to truly know the mind of God we must be present with God (which will not happen in this lifetime), Paradise is much realer than this reality and than most people think.....

It's weird you say "simulation", it is if you understand Physics. It's a digital simulation, not analog. There are limits to how small something can get on the micro-level (Plank's length) and limits on the macro-level (finite universe).

This is a digital simulation, comprised of indivisible "digits". That coupled with the aspects of Entropy means this "reality" is a sub-set to a much larger analog reality. That analog reality, the spiritual world, is more real, it's not DIGITAL!

Glory to God.

I like the idea, one tiny correction-It's Planck's length with a C named by Max Planck.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Do you think God condones incest? Because if Adam and Eve were singular people, and Cain and Abel were singular, then guess what? God commanded incest.

He didn't command not to do it until after the Exodus in Egypt. It was a necessary thing, same as when Noah and his sons and their wives left the ark.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonasdelnegros

It comes from the God who directed it all.

This entire experiment, from beginning to end, and he's been communicating with us since day one, but people fail to listen.....

This earth and reality is but a simulation in the mind of God, and to truly know the mind of God we must be present with God (which will not happen in this lifetime), Paradise is much realer than this reality and than most people think.....

It's weird you say "simulation", it is if you understand Physics. It's a digital simulation, not analog. There are limits to how small something can get on the micro-level (Plank's length) and limits on the macro-level (finite universe).

This is a digital simulation, comprised of indivisible "digits". That coupled with the aspects of Entropy means this "reality" is a sub-set to a much larger analog reality. That analog reality, the spiritual world, is more real, it's not DIGITAL!

Glory to God.

I like the idea, one tiny correction-It's Planck's length with a C named by Max Planck.
en.wikipedia.org...

I know that. I'm not a HS spelling teacher, sometimes proper names don't pass the spell-checker. What can ya do right?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I'm not a "KJV" worshipper. I normally quote from the RSV myself.
I was joshing you about your bravery in risking more conservative criticism, but I applaud what you're doing.

I prefer only the NKJV and the KJV, it has nothing to do with "worship", but rejection of the Westcott and Hort terrible Greek mangling the modern versions are based upon and rejection of the Alexandrian manuscripts they used and rejected the majority text over. They rejected the majority text in favor of a very minor few manuscripts from the Gnostics at Alexandria Egypt.

It gets close to idolatry when KJV onlyists reject going back to the Greek and Hebrew the books were translated from and claim only the English is God's word. Even thought the apostles and OT authors didn't write in English.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thank you all so far for all the input,

and the2ofusr1, yes, the Bible ELS codes are very interesting to research.....they are just one of many proofs of the Holy Bibles Supernatural origins!

Amen

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

The EoG is the Babylonian account of Noah's flood, but there are numerous ones too not just the EoG. All ancient nations speak of it, the Chinese version is the most striking compared to the Biblical.
Why is there Chinese culture before and after the flood?

People lived in that area before and after the flood?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Adam from my pov has always stood for Atom.
How do you say "atom" in ancient Hebrew? I bet it sounds nothing like "Adam" in ancient Hebrew.

Adam means "man" in Hebrew because Adam was the first man. That's it. The word for man is "Adoma" (phonetically)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Why are you asking me this?

What does that have to do with Biblical geneaology?
I was talking to the NuTty professor.

I like that, care if i use it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have a question for people who are well versed in Evolutionary Biology:

Would a time scale of about 10 - 12 million years ago be a good estimate of when the first early "ape-humans" or early apes would have been around?

What kind of ape species would have been around in that time period?

Because I've been doing some calculations, and I'm getting about 10-12 million years ago for when Adam and Eve were roaming earth.......

I may be completely wrong,

Or I may be onto something,

I'll wait for someone who knows the evolutionary timetable a little better than me to answer....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

How would you preserve records if you were on the only viable boat (more like a barge, actually) during a world-wide flood?

Stick 'em in a zip-lock bag and bring them with you.

Edit to say:
I should have kept reading before jumping in....Chr0naut's post beat me to sharing the logic

edit on 20-4-2012 by stupid girl because: point has already been addressed by Chr0naut

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I pose a question for you all - if Adam, and seth, and cain, and all the others given in the Genesis 5 geneaology were invidual entities, single people, than how come the Geneaology of the LORD Jesus Christ, starts with Abraham? My belief is that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are the patriarchs of our modern man, they are among the first in Genesis referred to that refer to specific individual men. Noah and his sons being single people or groups of people is up for debate with me still..... but I am 100% confident Abram/Isaac/Jacob were individual men.....

Go check out the geneaology of Jesus Christ, and ask yourself, why doesn't it start from Adam and eve and seth and cain and abel if those were truly individual people? The only explanation is that they weren't, and that's why Jesus lineage starts off with Abraham...

Because the nation of Israel, and the results thereof, was promised by God through Abraham:

". . . And in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws" (Genesis 26:4-5

Edit to add:

Chr0naut!!!!
Okay, no more posts for me until I finish reading this....
edit on 20-4-2012 by stupid girl because: once again, point already addressed by Chr0naut

edit on 20-4-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
parvorder Catarrhini "Narrow nosed" primates (apes and old-world monkeys) 30,000,000 years ago
superfamily Hominoidea Apes 28,000,000 years ago
family Hominidae Great apes (Humans, chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans) 15,000,000 years ago
subfamily Homininae Humans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas 8,000,000 years ago
tribe Hominini Humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos 5,800,000 years ago

I have been doing different calculations with the numbers adding up the years of the geneologies and I've come with anywhere between 6 million to 15 million years ago......so I'm proposing the theory that the Adam and Eve and the early ancestors were the Hominidae and Homininae who evolved into the current Human Beings......

Forgive me folks, I am still learning the ins and outs of evolution, I'm working on proving what I know to be true now....I'll get you all more answers in the near future.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ah, man. They were all inbred!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321..so I'm proposing the theory that the Adam and Eve and the early ancestors were the Hominidae and Homininae who evolved into the current Human Beings......

And the "tree of knowledge" has something to do with the emergence of human consciousness and the possibility of making conscious decisions and moral choices, including bad ones?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join