It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Hydroman

That's a good question, and I can't answer it with 100% surety, I admit I do not know for sure,
reminds me of a verse from Ecclesiastes 3:

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

I suppose we'll find out when we get to Paradise?

I don't understand your reference to these scriptures?! These scriptures represent the hypothetical ponderings of the vanity that is life without God. IF you don't have God in your life then all is vain and all of your earthly thoughts, experiences are utterly pointless with no eternal value. Without God this is all you have so you might as well enjoy it while you have it..

Also, the Bible repeatedly states who Jesus died for. We don't have to wait to get to paradise to know the answer to this. The New Testament is rife with verses explaining Jesus died because of man and for man.
Here is just one example:
Romans 5:18:
"So, as through one offense, there resulted condemnation to all men, so also, through one righteous deed, there resulted justification of life to all men."

The above verse talks about the sin of Adam causing all mankind to fall into condemnation and the "righeous deed" of Jesus which redeemed mankind.

Also, after reading your post and some of the replies, I perceive some are trying to reconcile the difference between man's finite understand of God's infinite creation(Science) with what the scripture actually says. Science is overflowing with hypothesis and theories, which often change and much remains unproven. What you believe as scientific fact today may not be the same tomorrow. Is it beyond God to allow some men to have lived 800 years or more? Could it be possible science can't quite see the big picture as yet? Obviously, with as many theories and ideas which are ever-changing in science, yes it's pretty shaky ground to build a house on.. First they discovered a particle which accelerated faster than the speed of light. Oh wait, it was just faulty fiber optics, nevermind. Kind of a shallow example, but you get my point. Even carbon dating has proven to be incredibly unreliable yet it's results are treated as fact in our textbooks. .

edit on 20-4-2012 by MuonSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't think it's god that does anything anymore to influence our future, he has laid out the path for us , we create the sights on the way, we have to stop looking at ourselves as the "created" ones and start acknowledging that we are also creators. we all are gods, it mentions that countless of times in the bible, and it also refers countless of times that god was just like us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I am under the impression that the old testiment is only a brief (very brief) summary of the 10's of thouands of tablets from Sumer.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Your answer of bible scholarship as poof sadly lacks answers to such points as my above reply and and to why is it proof when the new testament was compiled by a roman emperor and a bunch of religious heads on what "they thought" would fit with "their" take on religion.
Please correct me if this isn't so. It's been a while since I discussed this as I honestly believed that the populace was at last waking up to the huge amount of MISSING material from that period along with the disturbing lack of clarity as to what any books really mean due to mistranslation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Biblical geneology explained:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'll take the flack from all the conservative / fundamentalist Christians and I'll grin.

I can pose so many questions to anybody who takes a nothing-but-literal interpretation of Genesis.....

Do you think God condones incest? Because if Adam and Eve were singular people, and Cain and Abel were singular, then guess what? God commanded incest.

I'm not gonna try explaining things anymore, I am so sure of this that arguing about any other interpretations of Genesis chapter 5 especially is vexation of spirit.....

I have no further desire to explain my stance to any other Christians, you will interpret how you will, and I will interpret how I will.

I am not being led by the beast, as someone suggested, in fact I am in rebellion against the beast and his deceived world.....

I am not arguing ANY thing against the Bible, I believe it WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

Let me ask you something, if Genesis is literal, than do Unicorns exist also?

And if Unicorns exist, than should we pluck out our eyeballs everytime we look at a woman with lust? Or cut off our hand if we masturbate?

Is Jesus Christ an actual tree and we are actually branches?

Am i literally sowing a seed in peoples minds when I talk to them about the Gospel?

You need to understand and define: Allegory, Metaphor, Parable, before you can begin to understand my stance on Genesis.

You also need to have basic working knowledge of Evolutionary Biology.....the science and evidence for evolution is all there if you look for it.......

Now it's just time we get our interpretation of Genesis up to speed so we can stop being at odds with the world -

Again I will say - Christians look BAD when they claim the earth is 6,000 years old. No layman who inhabits America is going to take a Christian seriously if they believe the earth is less than 10k years old and that we all came from a singular Adam and Eve.

I'm sorry folks, and I apologize if I'm being harsh.....I am just speaking what I feel needs to be spoke......

Amen then

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
"One would go mad if one took the bible seriously; but to take the bible seriously one must be already mad."
Aleister Crowley

Where is there any shred of evidence that ANYTHING presented on this thread is true?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The EoG is the Babylonian account of Noah's flood, but there are numerous ones too not just the EoG. All ancient nations speak of it, the Chinese version is the most striking compared to the Biblical.
Why is there Chinese culture before and after the flood?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Why is there life?

Why are we here?

Why are you asking me this?

What does that have to do with Biblical geneaology?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Go look outside, there's your evidence.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

That's the pot calling the kettle black... LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I have no further desire to explain my stance to any other Christians, you will interpret how you will, and I will interpret how I will.
..and the holy spirit facepalms...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I like this line of thought OP because it opens up an avenue for Christ seekers to see more than one truth especially if they are brought up learning that we all came from Adam and Eve as separate entities.

Adam from my pov has always stood for Atom.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Why are you asking me this?

What does that have to do with Biblical geneaology?
I was talking to the NuTty professor.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
How do you say "atom" in ancient Hebrew? I bet it sounds nothing like "Adam" in ancient Hebrew.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Go check out the geneaology of Jesus Christ, and ask yourself, why doesn't it start from Adam and eve and seth and cain and abel if those were truly individual people? The only explanation is that they weren't, and that's why Jesus lineage starts off with Abraham..

My belief is this:

Before Abraham he was Jesus. Abraham is Jesus. Reincarnated. The Bible tells me so.

Don't flame me lol This is just my interpretation thus far in my spiritual evolution.

I am not a religious nut.... Just a Jesus Nut.

I am actually re reading the full collection of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Jesus is my idol and if I could be an Essene with Jesus I would go back in time in a heart beat!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by MamaJ
How do you say "atom" in ancient Hebrew? I bet it sounds nothing like "Adam" in ancient Hebrew.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Living ~ Man" is what Adam and Eve are to ME.

The serpent is the other part of your mind (yin yang) that likes to keep darkness around.... and God is where the light is which is void of darkness.

Its all in the mind of God and we are in it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I like those ideas

Goes pretty close with my train of thought....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The "Clergy Letter" Project, drafted in 2004, and signed by thousands of Christian clergy supporting science and faith, states:

We the undersigned, Christian clergy from many different traditions, believe that the timeless truths of the Bible and the discoveries of modern science may comfortably coexist. We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as 'one theory among others' is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children. We believe that among God’s good gifts are human minds capable of critical thought and that the failure to fully employ this gift is a rejection of the will of our Creator.

My sentiments exactly

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The "Clergy Letter" Project, drafted in 2004, and signed by thousands of Christian clergy supporting science and faith, states:

We the undersigned, Christian clergy from many different traditions, believe that the timeless truths of the Bible and the discoveries of modern science may comfortably coexist. We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as 'one theory among others' is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children. We believe that among God’s good gifts are human minds capable of critical thought and that the failure to fully employ this gift is a rejection of the will of our Creator.

My sentiments exactly
First, evolution doesn't disprove the existence of gods. Second, it's cool that you accept it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join