It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No clue, that's way outside my career field. No clue man, sorry.
Off topic, but out of curiousity, what is your career field if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Found it, yes that windword person said "day", twice. lol See, I'm only half-crazy!!
We are talking about two different things. I was talking about the bible verses he posted. None of them mention anything about "day". The verses said, "So and so lived for so many years, and then he died." That's what I was talking about.

I know what you were talking about, but my question was consider the context. And gave an example of Adam in the garden. In the "day" you eat."

Day in that context is "era", the alternate definition of "yom".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No clue, that's way outside my career field. No clue man, sorry.
Off topic, but out of curiousity, what is your career field if you don't mind me asking?

I meant "career field" in a figurative sense meaning I don't have that knowledge, so anything I offer would be conjecture. If you really want to know I'll u2u.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Chance are that there was a localized flood, caused by the ending of an ice age. As the ice melted it caused the ocean and sea levels to rise, possilby breaking through land masses, the way a dam breaks and causes flooding, in addition to torential rain fall.

Perhaps that small inlet from the Gulf of Aden to the Red Sea, was broken open by rising water, causing a watery surge, that destroyed many civilzations.

There is a great book called Pastwatch, The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, by Orson Scott Card, a Mormon, that outlines his theory of the great flood. It also outlines his theory of the "rapture."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here's where I'm at with translating some of Genesis talking about Noah and the ark:

Genesis 7:13 "In this very age come Noah and Shem, Ham, and Japheth, Noahs sons, and the women of Noah, and three of the women
of of Noahs sons, with them to the ark

They, and every living animal for its from-kind, and every beast for its from-kind, and every moving animal moving on the earth
for its from-kind, and every flyer for its from-kind, every bird of every wing.

And coming are they to Noah to the ark, pair by pair, from all of the flesh which in him spirit (ruach) lives (this verse
I think proves what I was saying earlier - the mammals with souls are what are being referenced here)

And those coming, male and female of all flesh, come as the Elohim (God) instructs them. And Yahweh Elohim, he is locking the ark about them

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the ark is or was, it was some sort of "box" or I imagine a safe area or zone or cave, but it had to be "lifted above the waters" or float on the waters,

Here's a website that goes into this more in depth: www.worldwideflood.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

There's also that theory, the local flood theory.

This website: www.theistic-evolution.com...-Earth%20Flood goes into that theory more in depth.

www.theistic-evolution.com/
edit on 4/19/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think we're getting somewhere here folks....

Keep digging guys, the Truth proves Himself!

The Truth cannot be disproven, only proven!

The more you dig into the Bible, the more you see how it truly is Gods revealed word.....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the ark is or was, it was some sort of "box" or I imagine a safe area or zone or cave, but it had to be "lifted above the waters" or float on the waters,
I think the Epic of Gilgamesh says it was some sort of box type of thing in the Sumerian flood story.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That isn't true whatsoever. hundreds of detailed prophecies written long before the events took place prove it's author was outside time and could see the "end" from the "beginning." That's how He authenticates His message to us. His "Omega Vision".
Like the destruction of Tyre....which did not happen?

Yes it did, it's still in ruins out in the sea. The modern city called "Tyre" isn't the one destroyed by Alexander.

Google "ancient Tyre".

You mean this Tyre? It doesn't look destroyed and that biblical prophecy has been debunked. In fact, there is no credible evidence of any true biblical prophecy, that can't be debunked.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Sure, I believe the EoG is referencing the same flood that the Bible talks about, so whatever fits and seems the most plausible to you!

Hydroman, you see my friend? The Bible is not bunk man, you just need to research it if you're not gonna just have blind faith in it! (not that having blind faith in the Bible is bad.....honestly, i'd rather see someone believe in a literal genesis, 6k year old earth, flat earth, earth at the center of the universe, and a literal adam and eve, than to just have blind faith in secular society telling them God doesn't exist and the Bible is bunk based on false interpretations......)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What about all the prophecies of Jesus Christ and all the prophecies about Israel and all the prophecies desribing the times we are living in?

And what about the Prophecies biblical archaeology has proven and the prophecies Biblical scholars know have come to pass?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sure, I believe the EoG is referencing the same flood that the Bible talks about, so whatever fits and seems the most plausible to you!

Hydroman, you see my friend? The Bible is not bunk man, you just need to research it if you're not gonna just have blind faith in it! (not that having blind faith in the Bible is bad.....honestly, i'd rather see someone believe in a literal genesis, 6k year old earth, flat earth, earth at the center of the universe, and a literal adam and eve, than to just have blind faith in secular society telling them God doesn't exist and the Bible is bunk based on false interpretations......)
Oh, I'm not saying I believe the Epic of Gilgamesh to be true. I'm just saying that I think it mentions a square type of object that they found safety in during a flood.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What about all the prophecies of Jesus Christ and all the prophecies about Israel and all the prophecies desribing the times we are living in?

And what about the Prophecies biblical archaeology has proven and the prophecies Biblical scholars know have come to pass?

Self fulfilling. There is little doubt that there has been and contiues to be an effort to "bring" about prophecies.

Rewriiten history. The bible has been tampered with to make it appear as though a prophecy has been fulfilled.

Ambiguos. Not a clearly defined prophecy that has many interpretations of how it has been or will be fulfilled.

Fail. Many prophecies just fall flat, and never happened at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well....

We'll just see about that!

lol

It's all good windword, just eat, drink, be mirthful, while we still have the world here as we know it.......

Amen then

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yes, that Tyre:

Link

Alexander used the stones of the old city to build a land-bridge to the island city of Tyre and destroyed it. That land bridge still exists to this day, and the stones are still in the sea.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

The EoG is the Babylonian account of Noah's flood, but there are numerous ones too not just the EoG. All ancient nations speak of it, the Chinese version is the most striking compared to the Biblical.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Self fulfilling.

Even being born of a virgin, born in Bethlehem, born of the tribe and lineage of David? There is a study of just 8 being fulfilled in 1 man written hundreds of years before His birth being fulfilled and the probability numbers for just 8 are staggering. But He fulfilled 300 with his first coming, not just 8.

Just 8.

The probability for only 8 is the same probability as putting an x on 1 quarter and mixing it in a huge pile of quarters 1 foot deep in an area the state of Texas and a blindfolded person going in there and finding it on the first try. That's just for 8 He had no control over.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Rewriiten history. The bible has been tampered with to make it appear as though a prophecy has been fulfilled.

The OT Septuagint (LXX) was written and in black and white 300 years before Christ was born.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This is a thread about geneology, not about prophecy. But simply put, Jesus wasn't born of a virgin. He wasn't born in Bethlehem and there was no census requiring Mary and Joseph to go to Bethelhem in the first place.

Jesus, is not the person that was prophecized. And, no, he didn't die on the cross either.
edit on 19-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Where does this information of geneology come from? If everybody, except a chosen few, were killed in the flood, along with their records and buildings, ie. libraries, how do we know this is true geneology?

Was Noah, a ship builder a zoologist and an historian too? Where, in the bible did god tell Noah to grab the books from the libraries before it started to rain?

By the time Moses was around Egypt was a thriving metropolis and the Indus Vally and Babylon were also thriving communities. So where does Moses get this geneolgical information and how can anyone believe it to be true?

Perhaps a clue to this is in the actual structure of the text.

The Sumerians (one of the Canaanite tribes) wrote in cuneiform on clay tablets. It is likely that this was the standard writing technology for all Canaanite tribes (of which the Hebrews were one). The problem with clay tablets is that if they get too large, they break too easily and if they are too small, then you can't write any significant amount on them. So the Sumerians had a way of writing on separate clay tablets and ensuring that the sequence and relationships of the tablets would not be confused. It consisted of a system like this: an attribution (an acknowledgement of the author) and the last phrase/sentence on one tablet would be repeated at the top of the next tablet in sequence.

It has been suggested that Moses took this structure and transcribed, word for word, the content of tablets onto sheep skins in scroll form. These scrolls had the advantage that they were very portable and could store an unbroken narrative as a single scroll. They also had a considerable longevity and were less fragile than clay tablets which could smash if dropped.

If you look at the Genesis account you see this same text structure. There are attributions (usually mistranslated as "these are the generations of..." with the sentence or phrase before each one repeated straight after. This means that it is highly probable that the Genesis text was copied straight from clay tablets.

The biblical account, while similar to other creation myths, is significantly different enough to NOT have been just a 2nd generation copy of these other creation myths. It was likely that these are the actual eyewitness accounts of the people who the account is attributed to. These accounts would therefore have been highly venerated by the people who inherited them (the direct descendents of the authors).

It is from these accounts that we get the genealogies, which still exist in the text.

edit on 19/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join