It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Absolutely wrong and I reject that statement in full.

Biblical Archaeology and Biblical Scholarship has proved the Bibles authenticity time and time again, the world is just failing to recognize it.
Wait, because some of the stories have truth to them, it doesn't make it the word of god. It also doesn't make the whole bible true. If you look at Greek Myths, you may find some of the same things in archaeology. Does that make all Greek myths true? Same with all other ancient writings?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Here you go:

www.answersingenesis.org...

www.biologos.org...

www.solhaam.org...

www.theisticevolution.org...

That's a good start.

There's plenty of others as well.

Ok, I perused your links and saw nowhere, in any of them, any mention of the geneology of Genesis 5. Nor did they mention anything about Adam and his offspring as being populations of people, rather than individuals that lived an incredibly long time.

As this chapter is the telling of the geneology of Noah, was Noah an individual or a population of people,? When the bible says someone lived X number of years and then died, did these entire populations die simultaneously?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Define soul.
Define soul? You presented it to me and I went with it. I don't know what a soul is.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I suppose we'll find out when we get to Paradise?

Paradise is over now for mankind. We live with Him now in the Kingdom of God. Paradise was "Abraham's Bosom". It's where the spirits/souls of the dead righteous went before Christ made final atonement for sin at Calvary. Remember in Christ's parable of the rich man and Lazarus? It was in the Earth. Because the blood of bulls and goats could only "cover" a man's sins, not wash them away.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Define soul.
Define soul? You presented it to me and I went with it. I don't know what a soul is.

Mind/will/emotions. It goes with the spirit after death. How people who have had NDE's know who they are and what is going on when they leave the body. We are 3-part beings, made in the image of God. What is scary is the "2nd death" Christ spoke of is when the Spirit and Soul are separated after final judgment.

edit on 19-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
As this chapter is the telling of the geneology of Noah, was Noah an individual or a population of people,? When the bible says someone lived X number of years and then died, did these entire populations die simultaneously?
That's true, and not only is Noah a population of people, so were his sons and their wives. So there were potentially thousands of people on the ark, along with those animals.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Mind/will/emotions. It goes with the spirit after death. How people who have had NDE's know who they are and what is going on when they leave the body. We are 3-part beings, made in the image of God. What is scary is the "2nd death" Christ spoke of is when the Spirit and Soul are separated after final judgment.
If I remove the sections of the brain that controls emotions, will my soul be partly gone? Is that what happens when someone is lobotomized? Their soul is removed?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That's true, and not only is Noah a population of people, so were his sons and their wives. So there were potentially thousands of people on the ark, along with those animals.

So, I guess the ark was actually a cruise ship!

With an onboard zoo.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Maybe i saw someone else reply to Windword and read it as that person's post, I'll have to go back and look.

How many other terms did he twist in god's word?

Every time he spoke it was to twist His Word or to cast doubt on it. Every temptation of Christ satan was quoting scripture out of context. There is only 1 place in the Bible where he spoke the truth, and it will be his condemnation at the end.

"For I have betrayed innocent blood." ------> When Judas said that satan had already entered him.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What if the ark is a metaphor for a land bridge or dwelling where a group of Noahs and Noahs children dwelled in safety?

What if the Biblical "flood" is actually referring to an ice age?

The original Hebrew leaves questions such as these open to interpretation......

It's a fascinating subject

There's also the possibilities that Noah and his sons were single people, among the first of invidiaul entities mentioned in the Bible, and that the flood did in fact happen, on a global scale.

There's also the interpretation that the flood was a local flood......

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What if the ark is a metaphor for a land bridge or dwelling where a group of Noahs and Noahs children dwelled in safety?

There's also the possibilities that Noah and his sons were single people, among the first of invidiaul entities mentioned in the Bible, and that the flood did in fact happen, on a global scale.

Yeah, but what does the holy spirit tell you it is? Besides, why would god give Noah instructions to build a giant boat in detail, but it is actually a land bridge? What trickery is this?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Iason321

All the posters here are assuming (again) that what they believe is factual truth.
It is impossible to prove or disprove anything written in the bible, be it the Old (hebrew) testamant or the New(Christian) testament.
The sooner all religious and their non-religious adversaries accept that, the betterof we will be.

That isn't true whatsoever. hundreds of detailed prophecies written long before the events took place prove it's author was outside time and could see the "end" from the "beginning." That's how He authenticates His message to us. His "Omega Vision".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Now this is shocking, we've spent billions on atom colliders to discover this, and a Hebrew sage name Nachmanadies stated this in the 12th century be doing an extreme careful study of Genesis and the codes within it. His language was "4 are knowable, 6 and not knowable"
4 and 6 what are knowable? And, they have discovered this with atom colliders? I thought you said we couldn't test it....?

No, I said we can only infer their existence by indirect means because they vibrate in "strings" smaller than a particle of light.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Found it, yes that windword person said "day", twice. lol See, I'm only half-crazy!!

EDIT: Did all the Adams die on the same day? Did all of the Seths die on the same day?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No, the ice age was a result of the deluge.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That isn't true whatsoever. hundreds of detailed prophecies written long before the events took place prove it's author was outside time and could see the "end" from the "beginning." That's how He authenticates His message to us. His "Omega Vision".
Like the destruction of Tyre....which did not happen?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If I remove the sections of the brain that controls emotions, will my soul be partly gone? Is that what happens when someone is lobotomized? Their soul is removed?

No clue, that's way outside my career field. No clue man, sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Found it, yes that windword person said "day", twice. lol See, I'm only half-crazy!!
We are talking about two different things. I was talking about the bible verses he posted. None of them mention anything about "day". The verses said, "So and so lived for so many years, and then he died." That's what I was talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Like the destruction of Tyre....which did not happen?

Yes it did, it's still in ruins out in the sea. The modern city called "Tyre" isn't the one destroyed by Alexander.

Google "ancient Tyre".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No, the ice age was a result of the deluge.
And that is where in the bible exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join