It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Scientist are NOT arguing, "Which came first, the Sun or the Earth? Death or mankind?" "Did light exist on Earth before the Sun and stars?"

Sorry, maybe some "pseudo scientists" from Oral Roberts University are arguing those things, but no legitimate scientist, with a "real" degree from a "real" school, will.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Scientist are NOT arguing, "Which came first, the Sun or the Earth? Death or mankind?" "Did light exist on Earth before the Sun and stars?"

Sorry, maybe some "pseudo scientists" from Oral Roberts University are arguing those things, but no legitimate scientist, with a "real" degree from a "real" school, will.

No true Scotsman fallacy.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Be mindful of the Biblical model is all I'm saying brother, if you're not called to pastor, apostle, or prophet and you rebuke and chaztise its breaking that model. Be mindful of that aspect and youll build up and exhort in love and not tear down.

Just to be clear......chapter and verse please where pastor, apostle, deacons or bishops are suppose to be my FINAL AUTHORITY in place of MY English Holy Bible. The Bible FIRST, is my authority, FOLLOWED by the Holy Spirit, then my Pastor. THAT is the order. When ANY elected church figure goes against MY Bible (especially members of the church such as Iason) I SHARPLY rebuke them and could care less about their feelings. I am called to be in a spirit of Love (Eph 4:15) to lost people and give them the Gospel. I am NOT to be loving to someone that ATTACKS MY BIBLE.

You attack my Holy Bible that GOD gave me, then expect to be attacked by me. His foolish excuses for denying the words of the living God like Satan did are in the process of being sharply rebuked in order to make him look like a FOOL. And so others may fear.

Ephesians 4 and 5 is in your Bible. And I didnt say "elected" church leaders. Pastors, apostles, and prophets are callings. They arent voted in cannot be voted out. They are offices, not elected positions.

edit on 21-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
KJV1611, your post of "Where do you get the authority to change the word "Adam" in Genesis 5:2 to "mankind" as you did? If we start changing words to fit your theology, then yes, anything could be possible to form new doctrine."
EXACTLY!!! That's pat of what I was posting back on page 6 of this thread. But even though I asked for people to enlighten me if my thoughts are not correct, the silence was deafening!

Why? because there was NO argument to my comments I guess. Unless ALL of the ancient tablets and texts regarding religion and the meaning of life and ALL of the literature from just after 1BCE to say 200AD (just to use some random years) are included in a complete book AND unless the EXACT meaning of the ORIGINAL language can be fathomed, then a CORRECT picture and interpretation CANNOT be made. And since 1./ we don't have everything that was written (termed loosly) 2./ Much of the "writings are from word of mouth "stories" (hence subject to "chinese whispers") Maybe, just maybe, everyone professing their own dogma might be um ..... wrong? I say this respectfully as I have read this whole thread and can see people of "firm belief" are differing with others of "firm belief" and all of you "believe" your interpretation is right. So that means the others are wrong! Hence, IF, ... one of you IS RIGHT, then doesn't that mean the rest of you will ALL be going to hell. So hurry and make sure that YOUR interpretation IS the right one. How you can do this is beyond me, but hopefully not beyond you.
Warm wishes to ALL of you Steve

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
KJV you are bordering on idolatry. I use a KJB, but its no a care if a babe in Christ makes a mistake here or there. Thats why we disciple the new converts, we dont rebuke them. We take it privately to them, then take another brother to them privately, then take it to the church leaders. (Apostles, prophets, or pastors).

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Iason321

Honestly, what difference does it make how someone interprets the first 6 chapters of Genesis,

I already told you that. If you tell them toss out Genesis and you can't trust what it says then it plants seeds of doubt. Then they can throw out or doubt the verses that teach the path to salvation also.

It's either His Word or it's not. Evolution is completely un-Biblical. It's one team or the other, the middle team violates every aspect of Creation. I've tried to show you this privately, gave you quite a few piece of information to review and I think you tuned me completely off. Examples:

Evolution says Sun before the Earth, Genesis says Earth before the Sun.
Evolution says dry land before the seas, Genesis says seas before the dry land.
Evolution says atmosphere before oceans, Genesis says oceans before the atmosphere.
Evolution says Sun before light on Earth, Genesis says there was light on Earth before Sun created.
Evolution says stars before Earth, Genesis says Earth created before the stars.
Evolution says Ocean creatures before land plants, Genesis says the opposite.
Evolution says land animals before trees, Genesis says trees before land animals.
Evolution says death before man existed, Genesis says man existed before death was in the world.
Evolution says reptiles before birds, Genesis says birds made before the reptiles.
Evolution says Sun before plants, Genesis says plants before the Sun.

Shall I continue? Everything about Evolution is in direct contrast and attacks the Word of God, EVERYTHING. Do you understand how completely and utterly un-Biblical Evolution is. Everything about the theory is directly contrary to God's Word. If you want to believe in Theistic Evolution just rip out the book of Genesis from your Bible, and any quote from Jesus in the gospels saying Adam and Eve were "at the beginning".

Maybe I'm late to the party...but evolution makes no statements regarding:

- Sun before earth...although scientifically that's correct, it's not part of the theory of evolution.

- Dry land before the seas...which is also scientifically correct, but not part of the theory.

- Atmospheres before oceans...which is also correct, but not part of the theory.

- Sun before light...wich is of correct, as sunlight was glowing while the earth was forming...but also not part of the theory

- Stars before earth...which is correct too because there's stars WAAAAY older than earth, but it's not part of the theory of evolution

So basically all of the above has nothing to do with evolution, yet you pretend it does. Here's the rest:

Evolution says Ocean creatures before land plants, Genesis says the opposite.
Evolution says land animals before trees, Genesis says trees before land animals.
Evolution says death before man existed, Genesis says man existed before death was in the world.
Evolution says reptiles before birds, Genesis says birds made before the reptiles.
Evolution says Sun before plants, Genesis says plants before the Sun.

As the theory of evolution states, ocean creature land plants, and yes, land animals came before full grown trees. Given that homo sapiens is only around 200k years old, and 99% of all the species that ever lived are now dead...well, yeah, death definitely existed before man. I doubt the theory states something as obvious as that though. Reptiles came before birds, correct, and the that's part of the theory. As for the sun before plants, that one should be totally obvious due to photosynthesis...and yeah, it's part of the evolution of plants.

And I agree, it doesn't fit the literal interpretation of the bible at all...which should make you think given science is based on objective evidence and facts

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

What is the event that determines when the common era began?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And I agree, it doesn't fit the literal interpretation of the bible at all.

See we can agree on something, is the OP seeing the point I made now?

OP?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the event that determines when the common era began?

With all that I put on page 6 and all of the statement I made above, all you can ask is something about an arbitrary date? Especially when, in my post, it is obvious that it has little relevance and was put there to not seem outlandish. But, to humour you, how about instead of the BCE, AD stuff, Just think of it as all writings from now back 2014 years "or so"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Is that basically an "I don't know"?

And you'll live with people refusing to address your posts, it happens to all of us.

No biggie really.

Edit: I just looked over your two posts from page 6 and see nothing of relevance at all. What are you talking about that wasn't answered?

P.S. All the statements you made on page 6 were arbitrary themselves. So what's with the "arbitrary" comment above? Are you above not being arbitrary yourself?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Forget it big guy, your blinkers have you running around a very small track. But one important point, my ego was bashed out of me many moons ago so whether or not people post about my posts doesn't really matter, but I tried to at least word my posts to promote a little bit of discussion. But I guess it worked in one way, you went back and looked at page 6 so there ya go, and if you can't see that your bible is only a summary of Summarian and Acadian writings (sorry if spelt wrong), then there's no point in continuing, as mentioned at the top of this. Forget it, you win. : ) . Warm wishes. Steve

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
Forget it big guy, your blinkers have you running around a very small track. But one important point, my ego was bashed out of me many moons ago so whether or not people post about my posts doesn't really matter, but I tried to at least word my posts to promote a little bit of discussion. But I guess it worked in one way, you went back and looked at page 6 so there ya go, and if you can't see that your bible is only a summary of Summarian and Acadian writings (sorry if spelt wrong), then there's no point in continuing, as mentioned at the top of this. Forget it, you win. : ) . Warm wishes. Steve

Good, at least it's a small track, not a big fan of running.

Okay, you shared your opinion. What do you want me to do?

Here, I'll give you stars for all your posts so you can feel better.

Edit: Done, sleep well now my good man.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

And I agree, it doesn't fit the literal interpretation of the bible at all.

See we can agree on something, is the OP seeing the point I made now?

OP?

If your point was that a literal interpretation of the bible goes against science...then yeah, you win that argument. Some of that stuff is just plain wrong if you take it literally. But most scriptures like that (in every religion) can't be taken literal anymore if you apply logic/rationality.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That's not my point, the OP said he takes the Bible 100% literally as the Word of God, and that Evolutionary Theory is completely compatible with Genesis. It's not whatsoever, and you agreed.

Thanks for making my point to op.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by windword

It comes from the God who directed it all.

This entire experiment, from beginning to end, and he's been communicating with us since day one, but people fail to listen.....

This earth and reality is but a simulation in the mind of God, and to truly know the mind of God we must be present with God (which will not happen in this lifetime), Paradise is much realer than this reality and than most people think.....

It's weird you say "simulation", it is if you understand Physics. It's a digital simulation, not analog. There are limits to how small something can get on the micro-level (Plank's length) and limits on the macro-level (finite universe).

This is a digital simulation, comprised of indivisible "digits". That coupled with the aspects of Entropy means this "reality" is a sub-set to a much larger analog reality. That analog reality, the spiritual world, is more real, it's not DIGITAL!

Glory to God.

LMFAO i see through your religious science facade!

so they watch the Matrix now in Sunday school?

good grief if your going to steal an idea at least write it on a scrap of paper bury it & let the idiots of the future believe that B$.. and add it to their idiotic beliefs of the day..

you can be a 21st century prophet in the "New New Testament" the official online version brought to you by the CyberPope..

"...and so having had one of his dreams he called "Movies", the lord god cyberzombiejesus revealed the true nature of mans existence in the matrix on earth to brother neo-prophet NOTurTypical.. to spread his divine holy digital script, unplugging the non believers while explaining the nature of gods true plan of salvation & the wonderful afterlife that awaits those who eat of the "Fleshy Digits*" & drink the "DigiBlood*" of cyberzombiejesus, who as we all know died in the flesh & whos holy trinity consciousness was electrically resurrected during the great lighting storm of 2078 in the holymatrix of the churchdotcom in which we worship today.. everyone log in and lets turn to chapter 23 in the book of NOTurTypical, entitled "There is No Spoon" & don't forget to donate cyber generously, because god is still broke in the future.."

*"Fleshy Digits" & "DigiBlood" are registered trademarks of CyberLove Ministries est 1999 & can not be used without express consent..
edit on 22-4-2012 by reeferman because: laughing too hard..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Hello again everyone.

This thought has been on my mind for a while now, and now I am going to do what I've been thinking of doing. I am going to present to you all a modern, and more literal (to factual reality) interpretation of the Genesis geneologies / creation.

I am going to start at Genesis 5, my sources are the Westminster Leningrad Codex, a Strongs Concordance, and KJV/CLV for reference...

Genesis 5:

This is the book of the genealogical annals of Mankind. In the age that God created mankind,
in the likeness of the Elohim (God) He made them;

Male and female he created them, and he is blessing them, and he is calling
their name Mankind, in the age they are created

And he is living (Mankind -t he first types of human) two hundred and thirty years.
And he is generating in likeness of him, as in image of him, and he is calling them Seth

And the days of the first humans, after they had generated Seth, were eight hundred years,
and they begat sons and daughters

And coming are all the days of the first humans lived were nine hundred and thirty years,
and they are dying.

And the Seth are living an hundred and five years, and they are generating Enos:

And living is the Seth, after they generate Enosh, seven hundred and seven years,
and they generated sons and daughters.

And coming are all the days of the Seth to be nine hundred and twelve years.
And they were dying off.

And living is Enosh a hundred and ninety years, and they are begetting Cainan

And living is Enosh, after his begetting Cainan, seven hundred and fifteen years.
And they were generating sons and daughters.

Alright, there's the first 10 verses of chapter 5 of Genesis.

I am going to give a correct interpretation and translation of Genesis starting from chapter 1 in the beginning.

It's time people hear this, and know the TRUTH.

I implore you all, keep your minds open and try and understand what I'm saying.....

Christians, keep your hearts and minds open, ask yourselves and ask God, does this come off as truthful? Is this man deceived or speaking with Wisdom of the Spirit?

Thank you all for listening,

Amen

(More to come soon, I will also be giving meanings to the names used in the Bible, and why they don't describe single entities, but groups of human beings)
edit on 4/19/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/19/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

Are you translating from the original documents or the KJV? The bible has been translated many times, and books have been left out, I would just like to know what you original source was?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

LMFAO i see through your religious science facade!

Don't get mad, not everyone understands Quantum Physics. There are indivisible units of length and time.

Learn what Planck's Length (lP) is (10^-34cm). Then check out what Planck's Time (tP) is (10^-44s).

Indivisible units. Reality isn't analog. There is also limits to the macro, the universe is finite.

P.S. I'm not Catholic, they eat magic Jesus cookies and sip on His blood. We Protestants drink wine and break a small cracker. Just F.Y.I., you're blasting the other team. We aren't that team.

edit on 22-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Translated from the Masoretic text (the official Hebrew OT)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Great thread.Thank you for making it. Humans will always disagree but you are proving a point to me. Please dont forget the book of Enoch and others that were removed during the Cruisades. Dont forget new translations of the original Hebrew. Thats all, excellent thread. People will always have their own individual interpretation.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join