It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by windword

What I think should and should not be taught in public schools is of no value or consequence to you, him or more importantly, to this thread.

This thread is about the OP's theory as to an alternate theory of creationism and biblical geneolgy based on the book of Genesis Chapter 5. The OP is calling for a certain common sense and reason in translating the story as literal.

His ideas are being challenged by NurT like this:

Evolution says Sun before the Earth, Genesis says Earth before the Sun.
Evolution says dry land before the seas, Genesis says seas before the dry land.
Evolution says atmosphere before oceans, Genesis says oceans before the atmosphere.
Evolution says Sun before light on Earth, Genesis says there was light on Earth before Sun created.
Evolution says stars before Earth, Genesis says Earth created before the stars.
Evolution says Ocean creatures before land plants, Genesis says the opposite.
Evolution says land animals before trees, Genesis says trees before land animals.
Evolution says death before man existed, Genesis says man existed before death was in the world.
Evolution says reptiles before birds, Genesis says birds made before the reptiles.
Evolution says Sun before plants, Genesis says plants before the Sun.

Shall I continue? Everything about Evolution is in direct contrast and attacks the Word of God, EVERYTHING. Do you understand how completely and utterly un-Biblical Evolution is. Everything about the theory is directly contrary to God's Word. If you want to believe in Theistic Evolution just rip out the book of Genesis from your Bible, and any quote from Jesus in the gospels saying Adam and Eve were "at the beginning".

I was simply pointing out that sometimes it behooves a person to agree to disagree, rather than resort to insults and arguing a point into oblivion with someone who has no intention of changing their view, regardless of how they came to that decision.

No, you're trying to silence descent. I don't have to agree to disagree. Here at ATS we deny ignorance. This is not science, and should be called out as fraudulent.

I think that it is horrible that these people are trying to legislate this ignorance into our public schools, and force it on our children. If people want their children exposed to creationism, they should do it at church or at home.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Aren't you forgetting that all these apostles were supposedly given the ability to speak all languages (presumably writing included) by God some time after Jesus died? At least, that is what I recall from religion classes on Christianity..
edit on 21-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

See if Paul ever talks about "tongues of men" AND "tongues of angels".

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by stupid girl

For me speaking "in tongues" is not some weird words I can't understand. The Bible makes it clear they could understand someone else speaking to them in THEIR OWN LANGUAGE. Was it telepathic? The Bible doesn't allude to that either.

When I was younger and went to my friends church (Pentecostal) I never understood how one person from the church could translate such jibberish. I mean.... come on.
You mean to tell me someone spouts off jibberish and they have no idea what they are saying but one other person does? Not buying it for a second.

True, but that's half of it. There are also tongues of angels. An eagle with one wing cannot fly. Its important to point out that three mainline Pentecostal denominations moved into heresy when they said that was THE evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost (fire). It AN evidence, not THE evidence.

Dr. Ron Phillips is the best there is explaining this gift and the baptism of fire. Sessasionism is heretical doctrine. People who teach that also believe Mark 16 doesnt belong in the Bible even though early church fathers quote from it in the 2nd century AD.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

1) No, you're trying to silence descent.
2) I don't have to agree to disagree.
3) Here at ATS we deny ignorance.
4) This is not science, and should be called out as fraudulent.
5) I think that it is horrible that these people are trying to legislate this ignorance into our public schools, and force it on our children. If people want their children exposed to creationism, they should do it at church or at home.

1- I believe you mean "dissent."
2- No, you absolutely do not.
3- Agreed, however the idea is to have intelligible, respectful and relevant discourse.
4- Theory of Evolution and Theory of Creationism, they are both theories. Regardless, none of us were there to witness the process. Therefore, neither can ever be absolutely scientifically proven and will most likely be argued about until Kingdom Come, when only then will we know the truth held by either theory.
5- Duly noted.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Keep your public schools they are producing the dumbest kids in the world based on apptitude testing. Home schooling ftw.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If scientists dont agree on this issue why should all of us?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry, my intent was not to derail the thread and open a debate on speaking in tongues.

I am not aware of the Apostles having the perpetual ability of language distinction, therefore I offered a suggestion that maybe the poster I was replying to was remembering the Pentecost from their vaguely remembered religion courses.

If you were talking to me im not talking about the Acts 2 account, but Paul's pastoral teaching on gifts of the Spirit from Corinthians.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by MamaJ

Those videos in youtube where fundies speak gibberish are so freaking hilarious and sad at the same time..

Absolutely they are hilarious. But remember, satan never counterfeits something that God doesnt give to man first. And many people from certain denominations are taught that if they dont have the gift they arent saved which forces them to fabricate the gift of a heavenly tongue they dont have for fear that people will think differently of them so its contrived. There are false teaching on both sides of the issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hey NuT

No, my reply was to MamaJ.

I only brought up Pentecost as being what the previous poster was possibly remembering regarding a divine Apostolic ability to speak and/or understand languages that they would otherwise consider foreign.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If scientists dont agree on this issue why should all of us?

Evolution says Sun before the Earth,
Evolution says dry land before the seas,
Evolution says atmosphere before oceans,
Evolution says Sun before light on Earth,
Evolution says stars before Earth,
Evolution says death before man existed,
Evolution says reptiles before birds,
Evolution says Sun before plants,

I'm pretty sure that scientist agree on these things.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hey NuT

No, my reply was to MamaJ.

I only brought up Pentecost as being what the previous poster was possibly remembering regarding a divine Apostolic ability to speak and/or understand languages that they would otherwise consider foreign.

Gotcha. And they are still very prevelant today, as well and prophetic writing. I just am encouraging people to not miss the move of God because they have been taught bad doctrine or are focusing on satan's counterfeits. That's all.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Scientists dont agree on those things, only the scientists who agree on those things agree on those things. There is a fierce debate raging in the scientist community.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Be mindful of the Biblical model is all I'm saying brother, if you're not called to pastor, apostle, or prophet and you rebuke and chaztise its breaking that model. Be mindful of that aspect and youll build up and exhort in love and not tear down.

Just to be clear......chapter and verse please where pastor, apostle, deacons or bishops are suppose to be my FINAL AUTHORITY in place of MY English Holy Bible. The Bible FIRST, is my authority, FOLLOWED by the Holy Spirit, then my Pastor. THAT is the order. When ANY elected church figure goes against MY Bible (especially members of the church such as Iason) I SHARPLY rebuke them and could care less about their feelings. I am called to be in a spirit of Love (Eph 4:15) to lost people and give them the Gospel. I am NOT to be loving to someone that ATTACKS MY BIBLE.

You attack my Holy Bible that GOD gave me, then expect to be attacked by me. His foolish excuses for denying the words of the living God like Satan did are in the process of being sharply rebuked in order to make him look like a FOOL. And so others may fear.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What does the bible say about people who call people the f-word?

Originally posted by KJV1611

His foolish excuses for denying the words of the living God like Satan did are in the process of being sharply rebuked in order to make him look like a FOOL. And so others may fear.

Don't you remember the part where it says you risk hell fire for using the F word, the one you use twice in the above mentioned paragraph.

Hope you read carefully,

Mr. Medinet

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Im sure if god told you to murder your own son... youd be more than happy to.

The days of your pitifull delusion are numbered. Soon your religious friends will know that they have wasted their lives on a useless book of toilet paper.... and the spiritual aggony of those idiots will only be silenced by their suicides.

The judeochristian religion is a scam... for fools.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by InLightTend

It hasn't deterred me one bit.

NuT is a really great guy who is STRONG with the Holy Spirit,

He's just got his southern oldschool roots and he can't drop that literal interpretation! I know many, many people like him in real life....

He's completely dropping the literal interpretation the moment he decides to read an ENGLISH version of the text. Hebrew is the only way to read it, let alone interpret it. He suffers from the same bane that all Christians endure; DISTORTION. Didn't Jesus speak in parables to the public but, expound everything to his disciples in private?

The vast majority of the Cristian movement throughout history has been about power and control of the congregation. That's why the bible was "canonized" of all 'heretical texts". Why?

Don't believe the bible was edited? Not here to argue but read the Secret Book of John, The Apocalypse of Adam, The Gospel of Thomas. Don't read it with a closed mind, in fact when your reading it keep in mind this passage from your Messiah, even though he refused to be called that:

John 16:12-13 "I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth." And who is the Advocate that he will send to bring such truth? (hint: advocate=access)

And there's something about editing the Torah:

Deuteronomy 4:2
לֹא תֹסִפוּ, עַל-הַדָּבָר אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוֶּה אֶתְכֶם, וְלֹא תִגְרְעוּ, מִמֶּנּוּ--לִשְׁמֹר, אֶת-מִצְו‍ֹת יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי, מְצַוֶּה אֶתְכֶם.

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Don't distort the text. This includes translation especially because it does both. But the reason why is not what you may be thinking. the reason why is the basis of the Aleph-Beis and what it means to the Hebrews.

The Aleph-Beis, or Hebrew Alphabet, is considered to be the "protoplasm of creation". That each letter is imbued with an aspect of the Divine. There are number values assigned to each letter, and this value has a lot of meaning when studying Torah. A popular example (from the movie Pi) of this are the words for mother, father and child. The value of mother plus the value of father is equal to the value for child. The whole language is rife with relations like this one.

Also, when a word is reversed, it means the opposite. This is what Adam was doing when he was Naming everything, he was describing the aspects of creation that he saw in each thing.

From the Sefer Yetzirah:

Twenty-two Foundation letters: He engraved them, He carved them, He permuted them, He weighed them, He transformed them, and with them He depicted all that was formed and all that would be formed.

A sign for this: There is nothing in good higher than delight (oneg).
There is nothing evil lower than Plague (nega)

Originally posted by Iason321
I believe in an UNLIMITED God, and the God who created everything the scientific world has confirmed!

Of course science is valid. In many ways its more tangible too, so why would you be told that its false? You can actually test science with science to verify its validity. You can't do this with Dogma and religion; nothing is testable. So be wary of religions who deny what you are able to PROVE.

In Kabbalah there is total acceptance of what science is saying, in fact it looks like the Kabbalists knew about things like quantum mechanics FIRST! They won't deny the age of the universe as being 6000 years old and this little rock the only thing that matters. They know that the 'time' talked about in the scripture is a matter of perspective:
Psalms 90:4 Because a thousand years in your eyes is like a day that is finished when it is passed and like a watch of the night.

Funny thing about the stance on interpretation is that the people that wrote the words don't even stop at a purely literal interpretation, they use the gematria(number values), and other open minded techniques to learn ALL THEY CAN from the 'words of god'. If you want to get the most out of something, take all you can get, not the least amount of exposure possible.

Seriously though, what are they afraid of? If the words really are divinely inspired wouldn't you EXPECT there to be UNSEEN lessons (Can you see God?). They're afraid that if you learn to much, you'll figure out that you've been deliberately LIED to. Not all are deliberate in their deception, and NotYourTypical may be one that is just parroting what he has grown up with, but that's exactly my point, he didn't grow up with an open mind, he grew up in a closed and hateful religion for which he spends most of his current time apologizing(his words). I don't dislike him, and im sure many like him, I just disagree.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmedinet
What does the bible say about people who call people the f-word?

Specifically? Don't suffer them.....gladly.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Good point.

As individuals it's impossible to know GOD that's why we have the spirit of TRUTH.

Hope that helps,

Mr. Medinet

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Be mindful of the Biblical model is all I'm saying brother, if you're not called to pastor, apostle, or prophet and you rebuke and chaztise its breaking that model. Be mindful of that aspect and youll build up and exhort in love and not tear down.

Just to be clear......chapter and verse please where pastor, apostle, deacons or bishops are suppose to be my FINAL AUTHORITY in place of MY English Holy Bible. The Bible FIRST, is my authority, FOLLOWED by the Holy Spirit, then my Pastor. THAT is the order. When ANY elected church figure goes against MY Bible (especially members of the church such as Iason) I SHARPLY rebuke them and could care less about their feelings. I am called to be in a spirit of Love (Eph 4:15) to lost people and give them the Gospel. I am NOT to be loving to someone that ATTACKS MY BIBLE.

You attack my Holy Bible that GOD gave me, then expect to be attacked by me. His foolish excuses for denying the words of the living God like Satan did are in the process of being sharply rebuked in order to make him look like a FOOL. And so others may fear.

I want to thank you for exemplifying my point in so few words. Surely you walk in the footsteps of Jesus with that mentality. A spirit of love that couldn't care less, Beautiful! (im really sorry you got banned and won't be able to respond, wonder what happened?)
edit on 21-4-2012 by InLightTend because: he got bant!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It doesn't fly in the face of science. It simply doesn't make sense from the two moths that are speaking it.

If one accepts that God is ahead ans above time, then he could very well, right now, on the 2nd day of creation, creating things all around us on that day, while his many eons older self is watching over your health and loving your life.

It only makes no sense if you assume the sides that are speaking are all speaking truth.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join