It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - The TRUE Biblical Geneology

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You have probably heard the joke about the bigoted Protestant fundamentalist who said, "If the King James Version was good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me!" People sometimes forget that the KJV was published in 1611 A.D.

For centuries prior to 1611, Latin was the only scholarly language in Europe. The Latin Vulgate translation of Jerome, based upon a[n] . . . Alexandrian Text, was the "official" text of the powerful Roman Catholic Church.

Protestant translators sometimes did not have access to all of the Received Greek Official Text, and being familiar with the Vulgate, they sometimes put words into their translations based upon the Latin which were never there in the original Greek. Schaff points out that in about 80 places in the New Testament, the KJV adopts Latin readings not found in the Greek. Erasmus had a corrupt, incomplete text of Revelation to work from, and hence this book has many errors in the KJV.

The King James translators did a marvelous job with the materials they had. . . .

Translation Errors

Here is a partial listing of King James Version translation errors:

Genesis 1:2 should read "And the earth became without form . . . ." The word translated "was" is hayah, and denotes a condition different than a former condition, as in Genesis 19:26.

Genesis 10:9 should read " . . . Nimrod the mighty hunter in place of [in opposition to] the LORD." The word "before" is incorrect and gives the connotation that Nimrod was a good guy, which is false.

Leviticus 16:8, 10, 26 in the KJV is "scapegoat" which today has the connotation of someone who is unjustly blamed for other's sins. The Hebrew is Azazel, which means "one removed or separated." The Azazel goal represents Satan, who is no scapegoat. He is guilty of his part in our sins.

Deuteronomy 24:1, "then let him" should be "and he." As the Savior explained in Matthew 19, Moses did not command divorcement. This statute is regulating the permission of divorce because of the hardness of their hearts.

II Kings 2:23, should be "young men", not "little children."

Isaiah 65:17 should be "I am creating [am about to create] new heavens and new earth . . . ."

Ezekiel 20:25 should read "Wherefore I permitted them, or gave them over to, [false] statutes that are not good, and judgments whereby they should not live." God's laws are good, perfect and right. This verse shows that since Israel rejected God's laws, He allowed them to hurt themselves by following false man made customs and laws.

Daniel 8:14 is correct in the margin, which substitutes "evening morning" for "days." Too bad William Miller didn't realize this.

Malachi 4:6 should read " . . . lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction." "Curse" doesn't give the proper sense here. Same word used in Zechariah 14:11.

Matthew 5:48 should be "Become ye therefore perfect" rather than "be ye therefore perfect." "Perfect" here means "spiritually mature." Sanctification is a process of overcoming with the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 24:22 needs an additional word to clarify the meaning. It should say "there should no flesh be saved alive."

Matthew 27:49 omits text which was in the original. Moffatt correctly adds it, while the RSV puts it in a footnote: "And another took a spear and pierced His side, and out came water and blood." The Savior's death came when a soldier pierced His side, Revelation 1:7.

Matthew 28:1, "In the end of the sabbath as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week . . ." should be translated literally, "Now late on Sabbath, as it was getting dusk toward the first day of the week . . . ." The Sabbath does not end at dawn but at dusk.

Luke 2:14 should say, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men of God's good pleasure or choosing." That is, there will be peace on earth among men who have God's good will in their hearts.

Luke 14:26 has the unfortunate translation of the Greek word miseo, Strong's #3404, as "hate", when it should be rendered "love less by comparison." We are not to hate our parents and family!

John 1:31, 33 should say "baptize" or "baptizing IN water" not with water. Pouring or sprinkling with water is not the scriptural method of baptism, but only thorough immersion in water.

John 1:17 is another instance of a poor preposition. "By" should be "through": "For the law was given by [through] Moses . . . ." Moses did not proclaim his law, but God's Law.

John 13:2 should be "And during supper" (RSV) rather than "And supper being ended" (KJV).

Acts 12:4 has the inaccurate word "Easter" which should be rendered "Passover." The Greek word is pascha which is translated correctly as Passover in Matthew 26:2, etc.

I Corinthians 1:18 should be: "For the preaching of the cross is to them that are perishing foolishness; but unto us which are being saved it is the power of God", rather than "pe

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Punctuation Problems

Luke 23:43 has been erroneously used by some to claim that Jesus went straight to heaven at His death. The original Greek did not have punctuation marks as we do today. The KJV states, "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise." The comma should not be after "thee", but "day." The believing malefactor would be with Christ in the paradise of the redeemed when he was resurrected far into the future.

Mark 16:9 does not say that Jesus was resurrected Sunday morning. There is a missing implied comma between "risen" and "early" and there should be no comma after week as the KJV has it: "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene . . . ." Thus, it should say, "Now when Jesus was risen, early the first day of the week he appeared first to Mary Magdalene . . . ."

Word Differences

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that the 1611 A.D. King James English is somewhat different than today's English language. The meaning of certain words has changed, and/or the King James sometimes uses words not familiar to most people today in their common speech. In addition, certain idioms in the original Hebrew and Greek are a little difficult to understand today. The Oxford Wide Margin KJV has excellent marginal references which often explain the correct meanings. Here is a partial listing of changed word meanings:

King James Phrase (on top)
Modern English (on bottom)

Abraham's bosom
"the Kingdom of God" in which the redeemed will have an intimate relationship with father Abraham in sharing the eternal inheritance of the earth.

adoption
"sonship", as in Romans 8:23, 9:4, Ephesians 1:5.

affections
"passions", as in Galatians 5:24, "mind" as in Colossians 3:2.

afflict soul
"fast" as in Leviticus 23:27, 32 (Psalms 35:13).

beguile
"judge against you", as in Colossians 2:18.

betimes
"early", as in Proverbs 13:24.

blains
"blisters", as in Exodus 9:9.

bosom, in his
"have an intimate relationship with", as in II Samuel 12:3, 8, John 1:18.

bruit
"report, rumor", as in Jeremiah 10:22, Nahum 3:19.

charity
"spiritual love", as in I Corinthians 13.

clean heart
"right attitude", as in Psalms 51:10, 73:1.

communicate
"share", as in Hebrews 13:16.

communications
"associations, companionships", as in I Corinthians 15:33.

conversation
"conduct", as in Philippians 2:27, I Peter 3:1, "citizenship" as in Philippians 3:20.

convince
"convict", as in Titus 1:9, James 2:9.

corn
"grain", as in Leviticus 23:14, Deuteronomy 23:25.

cover his feet
"go to the toilet", as in I Samuel 24:3.

creature
"creation", as in Romans 8:20-21, II Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 6:15.

cross
"stake"

damned
"judged", as in Mark 16:16.

devils
"demons", as in I Timothy 4:1.

dissimulation
"hypocrisy", as in Galatians 2:13.

divers
"different" places, persons or things as in Matthew 24:7 and Acts 19:9, Hebrews 1:1, James 1:2.

dividing
"expounding, dissecting", as in II Timothy 2:15.

doting
"sick", as in I Timothy 6:4.

due benevolence
"sexual dues", as in I Corinthians 7:3.

ensamples
"examples, types", as in I Corinthians 10:11.

faint
"give up" as in Luke 18:1, Galatians 6:9.

froward
"evil, wrong", as in Proverbs 2:12.

gay
"expensive, costly", as in James 2:3.

Ghost
"Holy Ghost" should be rendered "Holy Spirit."

glass
"mirror", as in I Corinthians 13:12, James 1:23.

hardness
"blindness" as in Mark 3:5.

he
In reference to the Holy Spirit, the KJV usage of "he" rather than "it" implies the false notion of the trinity. The Holy Spirit is not a separate person, but the mind of God the Father and God the Son. See John 14:16, 17, 26 and 16:7-8, 13-15.

heart
"attitude of mind", as in Jeremiah 17:9.

hell
There are three Greek words rendered "hell" in the New Testament: gehenna, hades (equivalent of Hebrew sheol used in the Old Testament), and tartaroo. Gehenna is the lake of fire, hades is the grave and tartaroo is the abyss, the place of restraint for Satan. For English speaking people during the time of King James, "hell" [hades] was a cellar to store potatoes, not a lake of burning brimstone. In Acts 2:27, "hell" is hades, meaning the grave, while in Matthew 10: 28 and Mark 9:43-48 "hell" means the lake of fire. The only place tartaroo is used is in II Peter 2:4.

husbandman
"farmer, rancher", as in James 5:7.

iniquity
"lawlessness", as in Matthew 24:12.

jealous
"zealous", as in II Corinthians 11:2.

knew
"had sexual relations with", as in Genesis 4:1.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Those last two posts of mine were a quick copy paste, but I can also, like I said, point out (bareminimum, off the top of my head, 30+ errors).....

I could point out errors in KJV translation all day,

Shall we continue this debate?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

This is true except for the first part. Greek needs no punctuation because of the rigidity of the language. The translators knew the object of what Christ said and inserted the punctuation accordingly. And besides, Abraham's Bosom isnt the Kingdom of Heaven anyways. Paradise has been empty since the ascension. It was merely the place righteous souls went before the atonement.

And what you say about the 1611 English words is absolutely true. And people who use the KJB know these things and the modern terms for the words. Keep diggin brother, just forget the first part. Greek needs no punctuation because of the rigidity of the language. Also in Greek the order of the words is irrelevant unlike English. The subject can be at the end, middle, or beginning and nothing changes.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by KJV1611

Those last two posts of mine were a quick copy paste, but I can also, like I said, point out (bareminimum, off the top of my head, 30+ errors).....

I could point out errors in KJV translation all day,

Shall we continue this debate?

Be mindful of one thing brother. People who trash the KJV are usually using the Westcott and Hort Greek to do so, and the W&H mangled and pervertred Greek text is a later product than what the translators used. The KJV is the only English rendering of the TR Greek manuscript, W&H had contempt for the TR and instead used the minority MSS from the Gnostic school at Alexandria.

Keep that fact in mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'll take your word for it,

I am very very new in learning Koine Greek, I finally have the entire Greek alphabet memorized and I've been "translating" english words in my head the past few days, lol,

And Hebrew is pretty much still a mystery to me, though I know the very basics of it....

Thank God for technology allowing me to be able to comprehend and study the Hebrew and Greek scriptures,

I'd be lost without my interlinear Bible and strongs concordance / google,

haha!

My mind gets boggled and I stand in utter amazement at how the apostles and early Christian theologians knew all the languages they knew and had such amazing wisdom and insight,

If I had existed way back then I'd probably be dumb as a rock, LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I just need to clarify though,

I am not trashing the KJV, I love the KJV and almost every paper Bible I own is a KJV or NKJV,

It's just not 100% infallable and errorfree, as some claim,

and I take offense to people saying I'm living in sin because I'm questioning the accuracy of the translations used in the KJV,

God commands us to seek Wisdom, not to go through life as mindless zombies,

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well Paul was rich and grew up with the best education availible in both the Hebrew and Greek cultures. The other apostles were simple men and fishermen. Most likely they were illiterate until very late in life. Oftentimes they used the services of an "amanuensis" to write the epistles they dictated to them orally. You'll hear acholars attack their letter on differences in them and claim they were different authors, and they are partially correct. The apostles hired different amanuensis workers in different cities they were in. Lol

Still the apostles letters. 2 peter is ROUGH Greek, it was actually penned by his own hand on the eve of his martyrdom from prison. By that time he probably has learned enough to try and write himself, but it would be like us reading a 4th graders history report.

Make sense? John Mark was one of Peter's amanuensis. Mark is Peter's gospel. Silvanus is another of Peter's hired amanuensis and wrote 1 Peter for him as he dictated it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I just need to clarify though,

I am not trashing the KJV, I love the KJV and almost every paper Bible I own is a KJV or NKJV,

It's just not 100% infallable and errorfree, as some claim,

and I take offense to people saying I'm living in sin because I'm questioning the accuracy of the translations used in the KJV,

God commands us to seek Wisdom, not to go through life as mindless zombies,

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD"

Well, infalibility and inerrancy has to do with the Greek and Hebrew originals friend, not the translations. Praise in the OT is a great example, there are 7 different Hebrew words and describe 7 different types of Davidic praise and worship. Love is another example from the NT. There are 7 different kinds and terms with seperate definitions in the Greek that English translates as "love".

There are folks who border on idolatry who teach the English is only God's Word and teach to never consult the original languages for clarification. Be mindful of that and always have those lexicons and concordances handy. But there is not better or more accurate English Bible than the KJ.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Alright, I'll give you that point, that I am harsh from time to time. But I think it is MUCH better to be TOO harsh, than to be TOO soft! Look what soft, lovy dovy christians have gotten us here in America. Case in point. Matter of fact, the HARSHER the environment, the more Christians thrive. The softer environment, the more apostasy breeds. This is explained perfectly in Revelation 3:14-19. Pay SPECIAL attention to verse 19:

19: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
You are Christian? Then be "Christ" "like".

1 TIMOTHY 5:20
"Them that sin REBUKE before all, that others also may fear. "

And calling into QUESTION the words of GOD.....is SIN. ↑↑↑ Now fear.

And what you say is true, however it needs to come from the Biblical model. From the offices of apostles prophets, or pastors. Thos called to do it who cannot be voted out. Elders, deacons, and bishops are elections not callings.

Be mindful of the Biblical model is all I'm saying brother, if you're not called to pastor, apostle, or prophet and you rebuke and chaztise its breaking that model. Be mindful of that aspect and youll build up and exhort in love and not tear down.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Aren't you forgetting that all these apostles were supposedly given the ability to speak all languages (presumably writing included) by God some time after Jesus died? At least, that is what I recall from religion classes on Christianity..
edit on 21-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Aren't you forgetting that all these apostles were supposedly given the ability to speak all languages (presumably writing included) by God some time after Jesus died? At least, that is what I recall from religion classes on Christianity..
edit on 21-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Maybe you are thinking about Pentecost?

"When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance"
"Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. And they were amazed and astonished, saying, `Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians-we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.' And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, `What does this mean?' But others mocking said, `They are filled with new wine' " (vv. 5-13).
Acts 2:1-13

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

For me speaking "in tongues" is not some weird words I can't understand. The Bible makes it clear they could understand someone else speaking to them in THEIR OWN LANGUAGE. Was it telepathic? The Bible doesn't allude to that either.

When I was younger and went to my friends church (Pentecostal) I never understood how one person from the church could translate such jibberish. I mean.... come on.
You mean to tell me someone spouts off jibberish and they have no idea what they are saying but one other person does? Not buying it for a second.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by windword

I reject the idea that god dictated the first 5 books of the bible to Moses. The bible is written by and for men. This geneology flies in the face of true science. Men never have lived for hundreds of years. Archeology shows that early mans' lives were short.

Moses was a very educated person in Egypt's religion and sciences. His books are a reflection of the god's and the science of the times.

Your ignorance's and bigotries show clearly through your post. If one wanted to actually entertain a secular conspiracy theory in regards to the origin of the Bible, one could clearly see that the Bible favors women in many, many way's.

1) Protections in the Bible of women when they are on their period and also after they gave birth.

2) Strict control of male sexuality(for the benefit of women)

3) Protection incase of unlawful abandonment

4)(this applies to society in general): The first forms of social welfare. As offerings made to the God of Abraham where supposed to be in the form of aid to the poor: sharing your table with others, as well as allowing the poor to pick through a farmers fields(only for immediate subsistence).

But I guess actually reading, and thinking over the text would get in the way of a good old hate rant.

Well, you misunderstand the spirit in which my post was made. Replace the words "men" with mankind, and you have the gist of my post.

However, since you brought it up, yes, it is written by men for men. Men have always tried to dictate the role of women as it fits their needs, and no, women aren't considered equal in consequence to men in the bible, period.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It's either His Word or it's not. Evolution is completely un-Biblical. It's one team or the other, the middle team violates every aspect of Creation. I've tried to show you this privately, gave you quite a few piece of information to review and I think you tuned me completely off. Examples:

Evolution says Sun before the Earth, Genesis says Earth before the Sun.
Evolution says dry land before the seas, Genesis says seas before the dry land.
Evolution says atmosphere before oceans, Genesis says oceans before the atmosphere.
Evolution says Sun before light on Earth, Genesis says there was light on Earth before Sun created.
Evolution says stars before Earth, Genesis says Earth created before the stars.
Evolution says Ocean creatures before land plants, Genesis says the opposite.
Evolution says land animals before trees, Genesis says trees before land animals.
Evolution says death before man existed, Genesis says man existed before death was in the world.
Evolution says reptiles before birds, Genesis says birds made before the reptiles.
Evolution says Sun before plants, Genesis says plants before the Sun.

^^^This is why we need to be vigil, and keep these religious fundamentalists away from our children and public schools. This kind of thinking is ignorance at it's finest!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry, my intent was not to derail the thread and open a debate on speaking in tongues.

I am not aware of the Apostles having the perpetual ability of language distinction, therefore I offered a suggestion that maybe the poster I was replying to was remembering the Pentecost from their vaguely remembered religion courses.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Those videos in youtube where fundies speak gibberish are so freaking hilarious and sad at the same time..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
^^^This is why we need to be vigil, and keep these religious fundamentalists away from our children and public schools. This kind of thinking is ignorance at it's finest!

Couldn't he easily say the same about you?

Who one chooses to keep away from their children and what they consider ignorance is completely subjective.

Why not just agree to disagree?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Do you really think that his ideas of creationism should be taught in public school as a valid alternative theory to evolution?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What I think should and should not be taught in public schools is of no value or consequence to you, him or more importantly, to this thread.

I was simply pointing out that sometimes it behooves a person to agree to disagree, rather than resort to insults and arguing a point into oblivion with someone who has no intention of changing their view, regardless of how they came to that decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join