It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse My Rant But I'm Getting Tired of the "Prophets"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

No mind, no matter!
No more problems, just peace.
The drama of life is all down to the belief in what the mind says.
Who hears that mind?
edit on 20-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

""No mind, no matter! No more problems, just peace. The drama of life is all down to the belief in what the mind says. Who hears that mind?""

oh i know, deep down you want peace, happiness, love, good emotions, good feelings, that is what all of us want, but guess what, without your mind, without your thoughts you cant control your emotions, and if you cant control your emotions your happiness is controlled by outside forces, you are like a puppet!

True freedom comes from the knowledge that you CAN CHOOSE what you feel.
What we all want is good emotions, so if we can control them, we can control our happiness, and we can.

There you have it, you don't need to deny mind to be happy, with this simple though i channeled from the universal mind, i presented you the answer to your wish to be happy, peaceful and in love with life.

Claim the control of your emotions, and please, be happy! Without my mind i wouldn't be able to reach this wisdom.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Who minds if the passing state is happiness or sadness? All is welcome here. There is peace when all is accepted.
The glory is here to see in all it's glory.
I don't want peace. I am peace. It is wanting that prevents peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh ok, the no wishes game, that is just the oposite to life.
Why dont you kill yourself, you have nothing to do here, no wishes to fulfil, no people to help, no work to do, you dont want to do anything!

Oh wait, that is not true, you want to be on ATS talking about stuff you like, but why? You want something after all eh...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Life is expressing itself, it cannot be helped nor hindered.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You said no wanting, no wishes.

But that is a lie.
You want to do things otherwise you didn't even get up from bed.
Why don't you answer me? Are you afraid of the answer?
Why do you do stuff? Didn't you have to WANT to do it first?
This is getting ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

It is impossible to stop life. Try it. Do your very, very best to stop life moving you.
Go on, sit there forever if you think it is possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
I think what really bugs me is that it is presented as an US vs THEM scenario...
I agree. I have been pondering the US vs THEM scenario quite a bit lately myself...I've been thinking about how sites like ATS would not exist without the US vs THEM paradigm...also, this thread wouldn't exist without you setting yourself vs THEM "prophets," for example...

anyways, I am one of the people that shares my theories about...US vs THEM on ATS and let me tell you why. Some say that I have a false sense of responsibility while I say that if I see that someone is about to get hurt then I have the responsibility to warn that person. If I'm wrong and the person doesn't get hurt, so what? why deride me for it when I had good intentions and no harm was done?

Furthermore, Christians, in particular, believe that they have a duty to warn.

Ezekiel 3:16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself. "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

If I see that you are about to die then I'm going to warn you so that in the likely event that you don't listen to me and die anyways then, at least, my conscience is clear/I'm not accountable for your blood. You can call that a false sense of responsibility if you want to belittle me or you can just say that I am just trying to be a decent human being.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
I'd give you more stars if I could, OP. Why? Just to spite all of these "self-proclaimed awakened ones" who care so much about stars. Also, you speak my feelings.

There are a few tests I do whenever I read a post by a member in this thread.

The first one is to checking the Ego. The more they talk about all their accomplishments or just the more they talk about themselves, the less credibility they have with me. If they say things like "I had my first experience back in X" or "I have been studying this for X" or "I am a(n) X", it's probably the Ego talking, since the Ego loves titles and more evidence for its false self of identification.

Secondly, if they are claiming some heavy stuff, I will check their previous posts and replies and see what kind of personality they have. The masters that I have met have been nothing but respectful, kind, and loving. There is a quote which I can't seem to find but it basically says: "How someone treats a person, they will eventually treat you like that." If they are being disrespectful to someone in another thread, it is because they have disrespect in them, and so they could treat you with it.

Lastly, I leave you with a quote from Lao Tzu!

Those who know, do not speak. Those who speak, do not know.

That depends how far the awakened person has come and if it was the sudden awakening or the longterm awakening. Not everybody is meant to be the all forgiving respectful ones. Sometimes you get more reaction from doing the opposite. Do not be so sure of the spirits that hides behind the mind. The mind might still be in pain and unhappy with the sourounding while it is healing. When you live in an egoworld it is hard not to play around with your own ego and duality. Keeping silent is counterproductive to the whole and sometimes the childs has to be told to grow up because the slow evolution/change can not continue. Being respectful, loving and kind is easy when there is no resistance to it. But hidding in a monestary and disconnecting yourself from the problems do not make them go away even if it can be good for the personal evolution. We all choose the part we play and they are all needed.

God created both love and rightous fury. Some people will do extreamly bad things but they will need to happen for people to wake up. So if you want the world to become a calmer world. Then seek and find so that the destructive things can be avoided.

Above are my views not certain thruths. I know for a fact that I will be completly wrong when I die since I will not be able to be completly right in all. It does not matter. My own hope is that birth amnesia is used in my next life so I can be more harmonious in my next life or wherever I will serve.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by Manula

I don't think it is your ego speaking.
What is ego?
Is it bad to analise a situation and express yourself?
You think there is a lot of BS in the spiritual community? So do i, we are giving a legit opinion, i cant see what ego has to do with it.
Do you want to be better than others by saying that? I don't think so.
For me ego is just the drive to be better than others. An ego person always feels better or worst than others, its the need to be above other people, there is no equality, there is hierarchy and a war to conquer status. There is no cooperation between people, only competition.

Of course there is a lot of BS in the spiritual community? Some of them are just playing a role that they are not to make money
. Is not spiritual growth about finding your own connection and realising that all souls are worth the same althought some need some more growing up. And do not think I am finished I have a lot of growing up to do. The competition and parasitic service to self is destroying our whole society from within because it creates slaves/victims. And they have a right to be furious about their situation. It is Karma. And people reap what they seed. Sometimes directly sometimes later on.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
wow, lots of good discussions here!

a few things - the main idea behind the rant was the US vs THEM scenario. I was feeling frustrated by these guys, for instance, like Pinchbeck, who use a bunch of psychedelics and then write books like hes super intelligent because of it and knows so much more than others. As compared to McKenna, who never really talked about using psychedelics but more about what he learned while in the altered state and how to incorporate those teachings into your daily life. No one does that anymore, they just write books about how they can see and do all these amazing things that you can't and I just don't buy it. I just feel that if you really had a genuine mystical experience like that it would be humbling and personal and you wouldn't be like "Im writing a book about it now!!" and trivialize the experience. BUT again, this is through my lens and view.....

But yes, I guess, as one of you astutely pointed out, this post does reinforce the US vs THEM scenario so thanks for pointing that out.

the other point, about not saying anything in the face of ignorance, I think might have been misinterpreted so let me clarify. By no means I am saying don't help anyone who is about to get hurt, in fact the opposite, please do!
I meant more that everyone is on their own journey and you cannot hear or see things until you are ready. We all have friends or family who we have had the same conversation with over and over again and they never change. They stay in the same bad relationship or job, or continue to make the same mistakes. We all have a tendency to want to step in and help or correct the situation. I have found it to be empowering to do nothing. It is not my responsibility to change anyone's life, other than my own. We need to have the experiences we are having in order to change and grow. That is what I meant so I just don't say anything anymore, to each their own.

And lastly, the two people talking about mind over matter. I think you really are both saying the same thing. Yes, we need a mind, it thinks, talks to us, creates our reality BUT we also have to realize that it says a lot of BS a lot of the time and that we should not to react to emotions but to see them, acknowledge them and then move on. We will always have wishes, desires, Ego, etc. the point is to not have those but to change our relationship to them. Change our relationship to the mind. This is where I have found the most peace and happiness. I can only talk from my own personal experience.

Much Peace!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The only problem I have with them is that the false ones water down and twist the truth of the ones that in my opinion are real. I'm a paranoid person especially when it comes to my soul, so when I feel something is true for me and then I listen to someone say the opposite and it doesn't make sense I will turn them off. I won't do youtube meditation videos or anything like that anymore. I do it all on my own. It's good that people are sharing and getting others to experiment in finding their own spirituality. I prefer to read stories from normal people who have weird experiences that I can relate to. I got blasted on youtube for warning people not to listen to Bashar as I feel really creepy listening to him. I didn't insult him I just said "Please find your information elsewhere! I get bad feelings from this guy". Next thing I know, I'm getting replies from his followers saying I am a bad spirit and I have a bad spirit attached to me!
That is another bad thing.....these people have followers! Sorry if I went off topic, I agree with you.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Leigh3

haha no worries, I agree with you too. Im suspect of people who so blindly follow anyone. Just more proof that we never find ourselves to be our own best teachers but need to rely on someone else. It's cool that you are able to filter that and learn from your own experiences!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
Hey ATS peeps....

This my favorite forum so I'm hoping my fellow like minded travelers can excuse my rant while I vent some steam. I know the topic of charlatans, fake prophets, etc is nothing new but I just feel there is so much insincerity in the metaphysical world right now and it's really bugging me.

I am in my late 30's so I clearly remember a time when reading books, going to the library, talking to a real live human being and doing the practices for yourself was the way to "get a head" so to speak. The internet has been a blessing and a curse, there is so much information, which is great but it leads to so many becoming over night "experts" that it's getting annoying.

There is no shortage of podcasts, blogs and authors who did some psychedelics a few years ago and now claim to see energy fields, talk to aliens, have insider knowledge from ancient cultures and self appoint themselves as "shamans" holding lectures and workshops across the world.

I think what really bugs me is that it is presented as an US vs THEM scenario where these people must know so much more than us, be more pure than us and be more connected than us when in reality our experiences and paths are just as valid as anyone else, we just haven't decided to tell everybody we can think of about it in book or podcast form.

The other part is that 99% of it is UNORIGINAL content, they are just echoing the same lines everyone else in this area of knowledge has been talking about forever!

I know this frustration is coming from a place of Ego and in most cases there is a sense of jealousy, I am very aware of that. I am still very much a work in progress!

It just seems the teaching of living humbly and losing your identification to being a "spiritual" person and just being is pretty much lost on everyone. The ancient texts spoke of this but we seem to have forgotten this important teaching.

If we keep our mystical experiences to ourselves as they just as important as others?

Can we keep our mouths shut in the presence of ignorance allowing others to get to where they need to on their own?

Is our daily personal work still valid if no one knows we are doing it?

I find this part of the practice to be quite challenging!

Anyways, rant over so thank you. Just wondering if anyone else is feeling a little overwhelmed with this lately?

Thanks and Much Peace!

I remember as if it was yesterday” 180,000years ago when you are so called Noah landed on earth and started breeding with the human race. I even knew the first of us that controlled and paved the way for your Jesus Christ as my teacher claims to have taught Moses.

I have jumped in and out of humans for over 200,000 years now and counting and it’s nothing a human can do to stop me. It was 33 of us when we arrived when the dinosaurs once roamed your earth and now…it is only two of us.

Nostradamus and the other fake Prophets did nothing but create your future, as you to believe It and as it comes true…from your thoughts as the masses of thought, brings truth, into the realm of what was taught,
In the realm before.

We helped you shape your earth to develop evolved matrix changing tunes to lead you to this level of life as you see it today.

If it were not for the birds, the airplane and all aircraft would be obsolete in your time of the evolved. If it was not for the whale and bats you, humans would not have developed sonar that is used for just about everything as far aviation and underwater travel is concerned .

To make along story short…don’t blame the prophet ,blame the messenger.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

You say that we need a mind, that it talks to us and creates our reality, but who is it talking to? The mind speaks but who hears what it says?

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

I remember as if it was yesterday” 180,000years ago when you are so called Noah landed on earth and started breeding with the human race. I even knew the first of us that controlled and paved the way for your Jesus Christ as my teacher claims to have taught Moses.

I have jumped in and out of humans for over 200,000 years now and counting and it’s nothing a human can do to stop me. It was 33 of us when we arrived when the dinosaurs once roamed your earth and now…it is only two of us.

Nostradamus and the other fake Prophets did nothing but create your future, as you to believe It and as it comes true…from your thoughts as the masses of thought, brings truth, into the realm of what was taught,
In the realm before.

We helped you shape your earth to develop evolved matrix changing tunes to lead you to this level of life as you see it today.

If it were not for the birds, the airplane and all aircraft would be obsolete in your time of the evolved. If it was not for the whale and bats you, humans would not have developed sonar that is used for just about everything as far aviation and underwater travel is concerned .

To make along story short…don’t blame the prophet ,blame the messenger.

OR you're just a guy talking crap on the internet. Got any proof of those claims?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you are tired of 'the prophets' then it is you who is tired.
Rest as peace.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Don't make me go Elohim on your back side

top topics

<< 1   >>

join