It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosure - I am Losing My Home Today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The most important question: is your son Ok?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

it all may be for the better... and keep looking up bro!

reconsider purchasing in a state that does not have personal property taxes too for when that day comes where you can hardly get out of the bed any more.

you don't have to worry about it anymore call Obama, if you help him he will help you. He promised to pay peoples mortgage and buy their gas even...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
4. My positive opinion of ATS has been restored. I believe this format could truly be adapted to give citizens a meaningful way to participate in our collective governance.

I don't know whether I'd go that far.

Still, it is heartening to discover that underneath a lot of the vomit that gets posted as truth around here, there remain a number of very caring and supportive human beings. When I'm not foaming at the mouth over government or police state apologists, I even like to think that I'm one of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about any situation like this. Stay put in your home, the foreclosure process takes a long time. Be sure they have all of the original documents etc. Without those, they have nothing.

Above all, lesson learned for everyone. When sending documents back and forth, send them certified mail. Get the signature and verify that all documents were received. Take the "we never got it" out of the equation from the beginning.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A common trend that we see running through the stories here are lack of preparation and people who have fallen into the very system they criticize.

I live a middle-class lifestyle on $1102.00 a month (this is my monthly budget). I save more than 50% of my income a month. I have an emergency fund of around $17,000.00 (more than 1 year of expenses). I have insurance to cover my back.

There is the simple math of not spending more than you make. This means you avoid credit cards like the plague, eat at home instead of going out, drive a used car that is paid for in cash and not through income sucking payments. I drive a 1999 Honda Accord that has 197,000 miles on it that I bought in 2002 for under $9,000 without going into debt. As much as I've wanted to upgrade my wonderfully reliable vehicle I don't because I'm not a freaking idiot who wants to be up to his eyeballs in debt when any calamity could happen at anytime. This means you don't get the smart phone data plan and iphone and new flat screen tv and other junk when you can't freaking afford it. If you are going into debt for any of the above stuff then the brain on your shoulders isn't working correctly in the face of what could happen to you. If you're young save as much money as you can so you can retire early and comfortably. Let's do a little math.

Let's say you have a salary like mine. $28,000.00 a year. That is all I freaking make. I spend $1102.00 a month because I don't buy crap I don't need, I want to have security and safety in planning ahead, and I want to save for retirement. My only debt is my $700 a month mortgage and I didn't go out buy some freaking dream home that would eat more than 33% of my income. I am 29 years old. That means I'm saving a whopping $1231 a month.

What if I invest that $1231 a month into a Roth IRA (mutual funds / stock market) that is only making around 6% average returns. This is a very low number as average over any 15 year period is 8-15%.

By the age of 65 I will have $1,923,075. Yes, you read that right. If I start saving now and invest my $1231 a month into mutual funds by the time I reach age 65 I will be a millionaire. And I only make $28,000 a year!

There is plenty of leeway for emergencies within my plan. I am hedged to the brim against calamity. Anyone can do it but most CHOOSE not to. These stories aren't stories that should get you in a tizzy against the corporations but rather they should get you in a tizzy about how ridiculous people have become with their saving and spending. It should drive you to responsibility. Most all the people in these stories made poor money decisions that got them in trouble. Most all the people within these stories chose to go into debt and before they did they thought they were invincible to health problems, job problems, or economic struggles that should always automatically be planned for.

Be a millionaire on a salary under $30,000 a year rather than falling into the consumer mentality of having to have every shiny new toy you see. Enjoy life by doing fulfilling activities that involve exercise, helping others, getting involved in community service organizations, growing a garden, reading books, and stop with the ridiculous idea that you have to "buy things to be happy".
edit on 20-4-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My immediate suggestion is to go to your chosen living area on Realtor.com and look at the cheapest houses on the list. Those that show up as $100 are homes that are being sold by the County at auction. Sometimes for a few thousand Dollars you can pick up a house for cheap.

On Realtor.com there are lots of search categories, so you will need to open up each one and use them as you feel appropriate. I found the house I live in that way. Bought it for pennies on the dollar.

County auctions often are for houses the Counties took when a person went into a county nursing facility and they County received it as payment. True that is not always the case. Sometimes people couldn't afford to pay their property taxes, but then there are also people who no longer wanted the property so they defaulted on their taxes as this was the only legal way to get out from under the taxes.

If you do purchase one of these properties, you will need the deposit the day of the sale, and the balance in full on the closing date which is usually 2-4 months later. (Read all the sales requirements or you will loose your deposit)

If you can get your friends to help with the total required, you can then pay them back in reasonable monthly payments, just like paying rent.

JUST REMEMBER you must be able to come up with the total in CASH for the closing. Properly done you could find a nice old home for under $20,000. I know of the occasional house that sold for $5,000 but required some work before moving in. Just figure that work into the total so you can move in quickly.

Best of Luck.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Telling people to pour cement down the drains, and all the other non-sense is not doing anyone any good. The house did not do anything to anybody! Let someone else buy it, and enjoy the home.

Bottom line is this, We read 1 side of the story, there is always 2 sides. It doesn't matter what personal issues you have going on in life you have to pay your bills, and that includes your mortgage payments. You signed the agreement when you bought the home. All the sad excuses and stories does not stop the fact that you are the one who defaulted on making your payments. Your on a computer, you still paid your internet bill obviously. So you should have paid your mortgage payments.

I'm tired of people telling their 1 sided story to gain sympathy from others. It usually always revolves around well my kids sick, or my dog died. Come on people pay your bills and stop making excuses of why you lost your homes. It's everybody's fault but there's..Always you ever noticed. Dig for cans, collect glass bottles, you do whatever it takes to keep your home. Being by a sick child's side at the hospital is not going to make things better for him or her if they have no home to return too!

Accept the consequences for your're actions, Not blame everybody else for whats happened in your life!
edit on 19-4-2012 by Mr_skepticc because: (no reason given)

It's as if you have not read the topic at all

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

Johnny Ramone would be proud of your savings and spending.

Johnny is always a leader, never a follower so he wouldn't care if everyone he knew is a Democrat it didn't matter. He was a Republican. He worked hard and saved. That was his thing. The Ramones didn't really ever have a bit hit single so do you want to get out of The Ramones and what, get a regular job? What can you do at that point? So you have to save your money. The American dream is to make money and save your money and not depend on anyone. Johnny lived the American dream.

www.billboard.com...#/news/linda-ramone-q-a-johnny-was-intense-angry-1006783762.st ory

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Almost forgot a couple of things.

People sometimes sell houses for cheap far into the country. You might find yourself a real diamond in the rough. Nice old house, acreage, a barn, garages, pond, etc. Someone I know found a place fully furnished, including lawn mower. It needed a new roof immediately so that was the downside.

Keep in mind that when the County closes on a property it is usually a "QUIT CLAIM DEED" which means there could be other claims against the property. Be sure to hire an attorney for a proper SEARCH. You can wait on the survey unless you think their might be problems. (That is usually a city problem and less so a problem in rural areas. Just be sure you have access to a public road, even if it is an easement.)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Zarp.

My brother in law filed a lawsuit against the banks and every company that touched the mortgage. Losing the paperwork is BS. They mover the mortgage so many times that they don't know who has it. If they can't show you the holder of the mortgage paperwork then they have no right to foreclose. Get a restraining order and sue the SOB's. This was planned years ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
With banks acting in such a fashion I have to wonder how long such behavior will be tolerated for. People have their breaking points, even the ones saturated with fluoride.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That is so sad, stories like yours unfold every day and Im sure the rate at inwhich we hear of such things will only increase. I feel like we all just always sit here and take it, nothing else to do really, we cant protest, all they do is spray us with paper spray or beat us. Cant write our government leaders, because their path is already set for them by the elite. We have become sheep for so long and so blinded for so long we enabled the powers that be to build up around us a wall we probably cannot penetrate.

And yet all we do is blog our frustrations. A campaign of words, with no actions.
My deepest regards to the Op.
edit on 20-4-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The same thing is happening to us with our home, despite the fact we put down $100k in 2007. I lost a high paying job back in 2009 and have tried 6x to send huge packets to Bank of America, each time they tell me they lost the paperwork.

We sought the advice from one of the largest CPA firms in our state, along with contacting 2 attorneys. Both said it would take us 10 years to break-even and to walk away from the home. It took us about 4 months of really thinking about this and running the numbers, but we decided to walk. Not only that, we didn't know if we'd be approved, or better yet, not knowing if the offer they eventually came back with would be worth it?

We took control, stopped paying and saved up what we would have paid and are buying another home, this time, at 2002 prices. How you might ask are we doing that if we are still living in the home and obviously our credit is bad? This is called "hard money lenders". They require 35% down, no qualifying because the portfolio managers consider this a great investment for their rich clients. The interest rate will be 9%, but we plan to pay off the home entirely in the next 2 years. We could never have bought this home back in 2007 as it sold for double back then.

I would contact a lawyer and get his/her advice on what to do, it really helped us!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I really don't understand why we are taking this all sitting down? This continues to happen all over the country and we do nothing! People hoping it will get better! Well i have some news for you it will never get better until we fight for it to change! Noone is going to save us from ourselves and if you wait long enough all you will see is the same thing happen to your children! We are living in a corrupt society where dreams are turned to nightmares and hopes fed on by the corrupt banking system! This is how they systemically destroy society to what ends i am not sure but whatever it is i can promise wont be good! What i can promise is if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem! Please stop being part of the problem!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I saw a documentary about a man who went to court over the forclosure of his home. He argued that the bank who lent them money didn't own the money they lent him. Infact they dind't have what it took to back up the loan. A quick investigation showed that this was absolutly true and the man kept his home. Now, I'm not saying that this is you case but if ever you feel that you do need to persue this I suggest you use that as a precedent. I'll try to find it for you. I had just stumbled upon it so I'm not guaranteeing anything. The best of luck to you and yours.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Guy It's happened to so many of us...I moved in with my parents because I was losing my home that I owned for 15 yrs.They took it....but thats OKay it needed so much work. My parents had remortgaged their home in order to by a better home then my father lost his job and my mother got to sick to work. So we all live together , there is7 of us, and share the expensive. It's working for us...and I can help out with Mom....I know it's hard but always look on the bright side. I did go through a depression when it all happened...

This is for the poster that is saving for a $1,000,000, by the time they are 65yrs old...Dude what if you Die at 40 and all that time you were denying yourself....Oh well I guess your kids will have a PARTY!

Money may be useless someday....Don't come and tell me I told you so. Live for today because tomorrow never comes!
edit on 20-4-2012 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

We live in an control grid, if there is resistance the system has people who are willing to go to the greatest lengths at stopping that resistance. (Police officers, military etc.) If there would be any successful resistance it would have to include the majority of U.S. citizens, but that wont happen, to many people are in a comfort zone and lack the proper knowlege, also there is a huge dependancy in this country on its government. How many do you think would give up their weekend fishing trips or Lady gaga concerts or fast food meals (just to name of few) to mount a resistance, because as soon as a revolt occurs everything everyone enjoys would stop. If the control grid malfunctions it would come to a grinding halt, martial law, 6pm curfew, no cars on the street, severe restrictions. Urban assault vehicles on every corner, Helicopter flyovers with FLIR on patrol, mass arrests and mass deaths. The administrators of the grid have powerful resources to clamp down on anything. Im not saying its not possible to change things, but Im not foolish as to know what it would actually take do under go such a task.

Regards
edit on 20-4-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMalefactor

You can foe me all you like, you can do whatever you like. I'm not here to baby-sit anyone. I like to face reality, with reality. I hate that his son was sick, and yea things like this happen; however, we cannot just let our bills go un-paid.

You don't have to worry about me ever coming to some website and telling some bad luck story I'm going through. I am a grown man, and understand the world I live in is brutal. I accept the consequences for anything and any position I might get myself into.

Bottom line here is this. We have his side, where's the other side? Bankers are not at fault. The man agreed to a contract when he bought the home, he failed to live up to his end of the contract and now we have the consequences. I think a lot of this is whats wrong with people. All the aww's and oh I'm so sorry's. Suck it up, move on, life is what you make of it. Don't come to some website looking for a pity party. So foe on, whatever you want to do. If what I say hurts your're feelings...GOOD..Stand up, be a man, and learn to pay your bills. Its just life.

Millions have lost their homes, many of no fault really of their own, other than they lost their jobs. This is one story out of millions. He admitted it was mainly because of his son being sick and in the hospital. That's bad, but I would have swapped it out with my wife, gotten extended family involved, and friends, but under no circumstances would I have missed and laid out of work to sit in a hospital all day while I loose everything.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
reply to post by TheMalefactor

You can foe me all you like, you can do whatever you like. I'm not here to baby-sit anyone. I like to face reality, with reality. I hate that his son was sick, and yea things like this happen; however, we cannot just let our bills go un-paid.

The problem here is your view of reality in general terms; not this specific case.

a] You assume that as long as you are willing to interact with government/authority in good faith, said good faith will be reciprocated.

b] You have a complete, point-blank refusal to accept or believe any claim or assertion to the contrary.

For the record, I am not going to foe you. I've encountered people with perspectives like yours many times online in the past, and generally speaking, I simply try to avoid having any interaction with you entirely. One of the greatest sources of emotional pain in my life, is the fact that people like you exist, to be brutally honest. Attitudes like yours are the reason why people still believe such things as the official explanation for 9/11. Said attitude is also the main source of apologetics for the American government.

Arbitrary skeptics really have no clue as to the magnitude of the damage that they cause; and I suspect that they generally would not care, even if they did know. The attitude is a monumental insult to the concepts of both genuine logic, and science.
edit on 20-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever

This is for the poster that is saving for a $1,000,000, by the time they are 65yrs old...Dude what if you Die at 40 and all that time you were denying yourself....Oh well I guess your kids will have a PARTY!

Money may be useless someday....Don't come and tell me I told you so. Live for today because tomorrow never comes!
edit on 20-4-2012 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

both of you are at each end of the extreme . I say live well, go to a nice restaurant once a month or buy your wife some nice clothes once a while, but live within your means and always keep something for the rainy days. I make about US$ 30,000 a year, but have about 10 k in savings (unfortunately have equal amount in debt), and also own a nice and comfortable car worth around 10k as well. However i rent a house on yearly basis which costs about US$ 2000 a year (in indonesia), as i really try to save up around US$ 40 k - hopefully within the next 5 years to buy a house on cash without any mortgage. This is so that i can avoid exactly the same situation like the OP is in right now. A real scary thought to have to move back with my parents, or if something like that happens to my kid.

i hope the OP finds a way out of those heavy problems - only thing i can say is : "Intention creates reality" - so keep the positive thinking and believing up , there is always a solution. Or as Bob Marley sang: "When 1 door is closed, many more are open"
edit on 20-4-2012 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join