It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosure - I am Losing My Home Today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

What a heart-felt post!!

( I mean, that.....not being sarcastic, nor ironic)....

I think Zarp should "lawyer-up".....maybe look into a "Class-Action" lawsuit sort of thing......

....because it's (based on the (HIS) OP)....PNC bank.....a bank that I thought had some "morals" .... (guessing, not).....

Either a "Class-Action" (meaning, a 'group' gets together to sue) or else, a "pro-bono" attorney......(sorry, there is always a joke here.....I will 'abstain'..... LOL!!)......don't want to throw 'chum' in the water.....)(OOOOPS!! I went there!!!! LOL......sorry, to all).......

.....Some attorneys will take on "pro-bono" accounts....but, I 'digress'.....IF they win?? Well ....usually about ONE-THIRD goes to the Attorney or to the Associates (if the attorney is 'associated').......

.....(Hey!!!! I saw this on TV, and in the MOVIES!! SO.....it "must" be "true"????) ( Ha.....Ha)....not making light of this person's scenario.....at all....).....just to be clear, here......
edit on Fri 20 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Then freaking move. You seriously can't find a place to live for under $850 a month?

evmls.com...

I'm on the Eastern Shore and a reasonable rental is $600 a month. I lived in Crisfield, Maryland for 3 years in a rental that slowly moved from $450 to $500 a month. It was a bran new building with 2 bedrooms, central air and included everything but washing machine / dryer.

Move to the middle of nowhere, sell my business to live barely scratching by? No thanks. Living an economically independant, middle-class life on 1k is impossible unless you have outside help.

Whatever. Still not buying.

Anyway, Im all up for helping OP via PayPal. Im not a bigshot, but can help with what I can.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
PS- Did you know in most states you have a "right to redemption?" That means for about one year they can do nothing with your house, but sit on it. You have to pay the whole thing off, but lots can happen in a year.

Virginia has no right of redemption and it is a non-judicial state. I wonder who wrote those laws?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I appreciate any offers of financial assistance but I could not nor would not accept them. It's not my pride, our church has helped with the medical bills. I want our plight to bring attention to what is happening.

There has been a coup d'état in our country. For God's sake, this is not an exaggeration! There is nothing democratic about our f'n political system. Does anybody think they can get a phone call through to their representative or senator? Does anybody really think they give a rat's ass about you or me?

On either end of the social-emotional expression is love and hate. Respect for others is next to love. Having no respect of the needs, opinions or problems is narcissistic and is next to hate. Our politicians HATE US. We are a pain in their collective asses. They get paid whether they help us or not.

Something has to wake up our friends, families, coworkers and neighbors. The question is how to get the attention of the parasitic filth masquerading as human beings on Capitol Hill without giving them a reason to shoot us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

What aren't you buying? I've proved to you there are places out there dirt cheap and reasonable.

What is middle class? I have internet, basic cable, basic cell phone (not smart phone), x-box 360, a 1999 Honda Accord with nearly 200,000 miles on it but with no problems except maintenance, a nice (not extravagant) rural home that has a $700/m mortgage, and I live 10-15 minutes from Assateague Island and 30 minutes from Ocean City and am able to go out to the beach anytime I desire for free. I grow a garden, eat very very well as I cook mostly on my own (tonight I fixed maple glazed grilled wild salmon with Brussels sprouts and a fresh greens salad and homemade balsamic vinaigrette and a Sierra Nevada Stout).

I'm involved in the Ruritan community service group and Habitat for Humanity and various church missions trips (Haiti, Guatemala, Mexico, Detroit). I hang out with friends watching movies, going to the beach, riding bikes, playing complex board games, grilling out, playing disc golf, and going on trips to various historical places and museums. I am competitive in long distance bike racing and own a very nice road bike. I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale for vacation this summer. I have no debt, $17,000k in an emergency fund, more than 35k invested in Roth IRAs and I only make $28k-$32k a year. You are probably making twice what I make and you're complaining about $850/m rent?

I repeat, what is middle class to you?

The above life is what most people should be living but they have to have the new car, the latest and greatest TV, the house they can't afford, They eat out, have to spend money to be entertained, and don't do anything to increase their sense of fulfillment through service. They spend money as fast as they can get it. It is ridiculous.

edit: Oh, and heya zarp3333, I'm not too far from you up here in the southern tip of the Delmarva peninsula. I'm sorry for everything you've been through but make sure as you bash our unjust system (with which I agree with you on) that you also look at the opportunities you have to make lifestyle changes and hedge yourself against calamity. Praying for you and your family!
edit on 20-4-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why buy a home you cannot afford? Why live in a country that you cannot subsist in? Why bleat when the inevitable happens and those that own the home (the banks) take what's rightfully their under dog-eat-dog Capitalist laws?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What I don't understand, and I am NOT against people being rich (bill gates, warren buffet etc) but when they say, 'omg my secretary paid more taxes then me and blah blah blah I want to give my money away,' instead of giving it to the government, give it to people like this. The poor guy has a sick kid (sorry if you said he was better, I probly missed it), doing the best he can, so no though let's just give more money to big ol' Uncle Sam to blow on building mosques in Afghanistan and giving welfare to people to blow on booze. At least you have a family, my advice is, other than getting a lawyer (which I would), stick together with your wife and kids. Don't let this bs get between you and tear you apart, its not either of your faults, it's the scheming scumbag banks and the government.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mate I have never prayed for anyone even myself, but 5 minutes ago I said my first prayer for you.
It never rains but it pours.

I hope your son is ok and i hope you have somewhere to go, it sounds like you got alot of people that care for you.

Anyways stay positve I bet in the future you end up with a better house my friend.
edit on 20-4-2012 by muSSang because: Im a terrible spellererer

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Then freaking move. You seriously can't find a place to live for under $850 a month?

evmls.com...

I'm on the Eastern Shore and a reasonable rental is $600 a month. I lived in Crisfield, Maryland for 3 years in a rental that slowly moved from $450 to $500 a month. It was a bran new building with 2 bedrooms, central air and included everything but washing machine / dryer.

Buwhahaha this guy is just too funny. I would just love to see how well you would do living in San Diego with that kind of thought process. Hey ever heard that one size doesn't fit all? Let me guess you are a single 20 something dude that is still able to survive off of Top Ramen and Mac & Cheese right? The OP has 7 total in which he must be responsible for and here YOU feel that you can get on your high horse and offer ANYTHING remotely worth dick? Buwhahaha okay man we heard you, we heard you....you're "middle class" on a $28k a year job in which you are able to put away a $1k a month, now go away so those of us that can better relate to the OP might be able to get something done here lol

P.S. To note those COUPLE of people in this thread talking about "Well he signed the paperwork it's his damn fault, I guess he shouldn't have been late then....blah, blah, blah". How about eating some humble pie....in fact how about gorging yourself on a FEW humble pies you miserable excuses for human beings!! Just wait until it's your turn and lets see how well you do following the laws/rules the way you see them of course

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What aren't you buying? I've proved to you there are places out there dirt cheap and reasonable.

What is middle class? I have internet, basic cable, basic cell phone (not smart phone), x-box 360, a 1999 Honda Accord with nearly 200,000 miles on it but with no problems except maintenance, a nice (not extravagant) rural home that has a $700/m mortgage, and I live 10-15 minutes from Assateague Island and 30 minutes from Ocean City and am able to go out to the beach anytime I desire for free. I grow a garden, eat very very well as I cook mostly on my own (tonight I fixed maple glazed grilled wild salmon with Brussels sprouts and a fresh greens salad and homemade balsamic vinaigrette and a Sierra Nevada Stout).

I'm involved in the Ruritan community service group and Habitat for Humanity and various church missions trips (Haiti, Guatemala, Mexico, Detroit). I hang out with friends watching movies, going to the beach, riding bikes, playing complex board games, grilling out, playing disc golf, and going on trips to various historical places and museums. I am competitive in long distance bike racing and own a very nice road bike. I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale for vacation this summer. I have no debt, $17,000k in an emergency fund, more than 35k invested in Roth IRAs and I only make $28k-$32k a year. You are probably making twice what I make and you're complaining about $850/m rent?

I repeat, what is middle class to you?

The above life is what most people should be living but they have to have the new car, the latest and greatest TV, the house they can't afford, They eat out, have to spend money to be entertained, and don't do anything to increase their sense of fulfillment through service. They spend money as fast as they can get it. It is ridiculous.

edit: Oh, and heya zarp3333, I'm not too far from you up here in the southern tip of the Delmarva peninsula. I'm sorry for everything you've been through but make sure as you bash our unjust system (with which I agree with you on) that you also look at the opportunities you have to make lifestyle changes and hedge yourself against calamity. Praying for you and your family!

I ALWAYS KNEW IT! So having an "X-Box-360" WAS a good form of measurement in the determination of whether one was MIDDLE CLASS or not!! How does still having a trusty Playstation 2 rank up (that I call Old Faithful as it STILL after all this time performs flawlessly)? I won't go into mentioning my other useless stuff in order to save argument here

Again I am willing to bet that we have here ANOTHER example of a 20 something who hasn't even begun to live life themselves trying to offer a family man responsible for 7 advice. Look guys I too was 20 something at one point in my life and you know what? You wouldn't have got me to admit this then but I didn't know dick! You have made your point, offered up your "pearls of wisdom" now Call of Duty 15 is calling, perhaps your time might better be spent PWNING other players while you think that the girl that you are currently with right now (that is if you have one of course) will be with you in your 40's

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

go away so those of us that can better relate to the OP might be able to get something done here lol

You've proved my premise that too many people can relate to the OP and others who have made unsound decisions. Why would people "choose" to support 7 people if they can't afford to do it? Why would people "choose" to buy a home and sign a loan they can't afford? Why would people "choose" to balloon their debt with credit card purchases and other debt spending? Why would people "choose" to buy their ipads, ipods, premium cable channels, premium internet access, flat screen tvs, new cars, and other sources of entertainment that they can't pay for? The consumer mentality of instant gratification rather than the wisdom of delayed gratification is the way our society works. I'm not going to argue that you can relate to the OP and most Americans that can't figure out how to be wise with what they have. Maybe it is the American's mentality that needs to change in order to bring change into the system. All I see is a whole lot of complaining against the system and those same people complaining are continuing to buy into it.

-Hey, I hate the credit card companies but I'll max out my credit card so I can have my smart phone data plan.
-Hey, I hate the auto industry bailouts but I'll go out and buy a bran new car from them and I'll put myself into $20,000 debt doing it.
-Hey, I hate the banks but I'll take out loans so that they can rip me to shreds with interest because I want that TV for the family.
-Hey, I hate the mortgage companies but I'll buy a home that consumes 50% of my income because it's pretty, has plenty of bathrooms, a walk-in closet, and a big yard.
-Hey, I hate all the shmucks that take my money, but I'm still willing to throw it at them and not plan for any future calamity because, "Dude, it's the American dream and nothing can ever go wrong right?" "I'll spend my money so I live the high life because what could ever happen to me?"

Why would people do all the above without hedging their bets? Why would people not protect themselves from history that repeats over and over again? Why would people not expect what is destined to happen? The consumer mentality has consumed America and until that changes business will stay the same and nothing will ever get done.

I'm sorry that I promote wisdom and that wisdom makes you angry. I don't have a freaking family because I know I couldn't afford it. I have plenty of years to prepare myself for a family. Since I want a family I'm going to save and prepare and do everything in my power to be the best father / husband I can be by providing a stable household that will be hedged against any damage that could ever hurt the people I love.

Wake up America........wisdom has flown out the window. Yes, I care for the OP and his plight. Yes, there is injustice. However, wisdom would go a long way in changing the face of the nation.

edit: Sadly, much of the complaining I hear is, "Well, I made bad decisions in my life, but it hurts too much to blame myself and admit it so I'll just throw the blame towards anyone who took my money."

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I respect your dignity. My only advice would be cling to your loved ones. It sounds like you may have a good church. If so, you are blessed. You have been wronged. But, don't allow bitterness to consume you. Brush yourself off, hold your head high and realize you have done the right thing. God bless and keep you and your loved ones.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I apologize, if you have already heard this advice here on ATS...

Demand the bank produce the wet signature documents, to prove they are even in a position to foreclose.

There is massive fraud in the title document filing, and between 30 to 50% of banks can NOT prove they have standing to even file foreclosure documents... even when the documents are "robo-signed".

If they can NOT produce the original documents... they have no standing. Period. If they file without standing they are engaging in fraud, against both you and the courts.

If you are in the U.S., demand to see the proof you entered into an agreement with them, by having them produce the documents.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I know this is hindsight, but anytime I have to mail something of any importance, I send it registered, receipt requested, etc. Hell, when Bally's was still in business I had to send my membership cancellation noticed registered because they would ignore you and keep drawing off your account. Fortunately I was warned of this beforehand so I didn't have to go through the BS.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Spot on comment.+ This is what lawyers are for.

And to anyone who is saying "he broke his agreement, so that's tough". Many many banks have engaged in behavior that is legally defined as "fraudulent inducement", and that's just for starters. The Louisiana AG has filed RICO based charges (named for: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act). And, they probably have a pretty good case to prosecute.

It is a fact, that if the government went after the law breaking players in the mortgage industry, there would be 10's of thousands of criminal charges brought against the players. RICO was originally created to help deal with prosecutions of the Mafia, aka "organized crime syndicates". And yes... that term fits.

During the "Savings and Loan Scandal" of the 80's, there were 10,000 referrals for criminal prosecution for fraud, and 3,000 of those resulted in convictions. The current debacle that blew up in 2008 is 70 times larger than the S&L crises.

Bottom line... quit the moralizing CRAP about why OP should feel guilty for his plight. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

There is a criminal cabal who's been given a pass this time around, and it's high time Americans demanded the law applies EQUALLY to the White Collar elites, as well average Americans.

The folks running the show, decided to give organized crime syndicates a pass this time, as well as a few trillion dollars to them to STFU.

There are some good bankers out there... and they do NOT play the games OP's bank played on him. The good players just don't do that. If a bank is playing those games... that's a clear sign they are okay with racketeering. F*** them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've been in a battle with my mortgage company for some time now. It began with them refusing my payments, then adding "foreclosure fees" and wanting an outrageous amount to reinstate the loan.

After two lawyers and a close relationship with the Attorney General's office I have come to understand that these people are in place to protect the interests of big business.

There is no help for those with circumstances beyond their control.

Stay strong and know that we support you! Karma is a bitch and the money-changers will soon have their tables turned over. It is coming!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As someone intimately familiar with these matters, I offer a few words of caution - and encouragement.

First, I would strongly encourage the original poster to take the high ground, and not destroy the property itself in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Not only is property destruction of a foreclosed home a criminal offense, but it is also immoral. Property destruction of any kind is a crime, especially when you no longer are the owner of the property.

Secondly, while this is a deeply discouraging situation, you will survive and get through this ordeal. There are plenty of houses that you can rent, oftentimes for cheaper than what you have been paying in the form of a mortgage. No more taxes, no more headaches when the roof leaks, etc. There are plenty of reasons to rent in this market, and you would be surprised at the kind of great house rental situations you can find out there. And, if home ownership is truly your long-term goal and passion, renting in the short-term makes sense while this economy recovers back to some semblance of normalcy.

I think we all feel sympathy for the original poster. Foreclosure can be heart-breaking. Look at this setback as temporary. You will live to fight another day.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

By the age of 65 I will have $1,923,075. Yes, you read that right. If I start saving now and invest my $1231 a month into mutual funds by the time I reach age 65 I will be a millionaire.

By the time your 65 your 2 mil will be equal to the buying power of 400k in today's dollar, so do you think you can retire on 400k today?

Better plan on about 10 mil.....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't have much to add other than I support you. The banks should have worked with you initially on those 2 months.

Take a washable marker and write your story on your vehicle.
Put up signs, flyers, start a blog.

You are my people, banks are not people.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You've proved my premise that too many people can relate to the OP and others who have made unsound decisions. Why would people "choose" to support 7 people if they can't afford to do it? Why would people "choose" to buy a home and sign a loan they can't afford? Why would people "choose" to balloon their debt with credit card purchases and other debt spending? Why would people "choose" to buy their ipads, ipods, premium cable channels, premium internet access, flat screen tvs, new cars, and other sources of entertainment that they can't pay for?

The consumer mentality of instant gratification rather than the wisdom of delayed gratification is the way our society works. I'm not going to argue that you can relate to the OP and most Americans that can't figure out how to be wise with what they have. Maybe it is the American's mentality that needs to change in order to bring change into the system. All I see is a whole lot of complaining against the system and those same people complaining are continuing to buy into it.

Sad to say, and rather bluntly, you sir, are talking BS, without even any attempt to comprehend the reality of what had been to us all humanity.

What you spout is often the vile excuses to pin the blame upon victims of greed. A beautiful lady is to be blamed for any crime against her? A home owner to be blamed if a robber breaks his leg in his home?

In reality, not many would dare think of owning a home, if they had not work out their sums, otherwise, you will see even kids buying apartments. Many of the adults had jobs, and a future. Many presumed working hard honestly will get them financial and societal rewards, as their fathers had proven - truck drivers sending kids to colleges, taxi driver's daughter becoming a senator. etc.

Unfortunately, the rug was pulled right of everyone during the 08 financial and globalization slave labour,slave wages scam.

Many had lost their jobs, along with it, came homes and all security. Even govs, whom are the elected and trusted ones given the watch, had not been guarding the hen pens. Worse, they colluded with the financial elites by pumping taxpayers funds to them whom had hoarded it up to shore up their balance sheets to hide dastard financial manipulations and reckless loans instead of rightfully to the people to help circulate money.

And now, you would blame the victims? Sadly, the victims are not even renegaging on the loans. Many had peacefully given up their homes and dreams quietly, for they believed that they had to accept injustices, socially engineered by the repulsive corporations, uncaring govs, and paid media syncophants, while the scammers continue with their scams and huge bonus today.

It is no doubt a cruel world we live in today. BUT there is only so much a human can take, more so when truth and realities are awakening the masses. A social timebomb against the elites......is ticking away......
edit on 21-4-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join