It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Not How It Works, SiIlies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The idea that the Pentagon opens up a site on conspiracy and then gets us all to post on it...and then what? They are going to round us all up? At some point, that will happen anyway. They don't need ATS for that. There is Military/CIA/COINTELPRO infiltration here, just like there is at every level of society. Of course there is. It does not mean that ATS is a COINTELPRO site. It means that the owners of this site start ATS with whatever intents they have, probably for the LULZ and not anything too serious, and then COINTELPRO comes around, infiltrates it, sets up ID's just like anyone else can.

How do Psyops really work? I think that they are multiple pronged. A lot of the control works through the manipulation of genuine and honest impulses. Spirituality. Sexuality. The urge to do good. The search for truth. All of these can be manipulated and ARE being manipulated. As for the paranormal and its manipulation, google "Superstition Psyops" and you will see that the military has always used the beliefs of a population for control. UFO's can be used as covers for genetic experiments. Bigfoot can be used to encourage certain memes among Native Americans and other targeted populations. Paranormalism can be used toward fascist and anti-semitic ends like in Germany or among some elements here at ATS. Religious manifestations like the Virgin Mary or "Jesus spoke to me" can be manipulated through government technology to encourage fascist control memes. The whole Middle East seems manipulated this way to some end, probably war.

I am not saying that none of these phenomena have a *GENUINE* existence. I am saying that there is a degree of cynical manipulation to the use of all of them even if a genuine phenomenon exists. Perhaps that is why religions East and West warn followers to "test the spirits." If a talking fish starts on to me about the Messiah and the End Times, my first impulse is to wonder whether or not there has been a set up. It could be a genuine experience, but I test all spiritual experiences for genuineness and I don't accept contradictions. Moses never spoke to a talking fish. The Burning Bush was a prelude to a deeper Walk and not an end to itself like lower level paranormal phenomena.

You have to suspect that COINTELPRO, MK-ULTRA, and Superstition Psyops work together to implement control over "dangerous" elements of the population. That does not mean that ATS itself is COINTELPRO. The most honest internet forum is going to have people under the direct control of the military or possibly under some sophisticated forms of mind control. That is the world, folks. Deal with it like grownups. I don't know who set up ATS, nor do I care. The truth wins out in the end. That is the great hope here. I am glad to have a small part in it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
tweet and FB post are saved in the library of congress. so if they save comments about little sally's cherry lip gloss im 100% sure the info on ATS is far more important that 90% of FB post, and on ATS you dont need to sign up to view the info. you would have to have your head in the sand to not believe this site is being watched.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This doesn't work in 'Board and Business', I assume you have posted in the wrong place!

A Mod will be right along to move you along.............

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I personally find it very difficult to believe that intelligence agencies have large numbers of paid shills on forums. They might have a few, but they are not going to have many, and those they do have, are generally only going to be targetting people who they've identified as a real cause for concern. The government simply doesn't have that much manpower, relative to the number of what they consider to be potential threats.

The real problem, as I wrote in a previous thread, is arbitrary skeptics. These are people who basically do the government's job for it, without needing to be paid or given orders. They do it because they tell themselves that they are more "rational," than other people who are "crackpots," or "tinfoil hat wearing paranoids," etc. A lot of the time with their attempted debunking, they believe that they are performing a genuine public service.

To me the real threat to meaningful discourse on these forums, isn't paid agents from the Central Intelligence Agency or FBI. It's devotees of the church of Richard Dawkins, who are arrogant, hostile, and have an extremely misguided view of both logic, and real science.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah I agree with you OP..

the other big issue is the whole "I think im more important than I am" A majority (probably in the 90%) get their resources for posts from other websites....

that being said... why are you more of a threat for sharing a link than the person who posted the link...

I really think people are too paranoid and think they are way more important than they are... As harsh as that sounds its better I say that then everyone is a paranoid schizophrenic

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yes. I've noticed that "Skeptic-Intelpro" authors like Krause and Shermer luimp in conspiracy with New Age or Biblical Literalist forms of irrationalism. Note how a lot of conspiracy sites then go and play in to that equation, almost making the skeptics' case for them. Note how closely how both fit with cognitive dissonance.

Genuine skeptics question government. Genuine skeptics don't consider what government sources say as the
"null hypothesis." I think we can push that one further and also say that genuine skeptics part from academic rationalists in that the former do not consider the received intellectual climate as the "null hypothesis" starting point also. Genuine rationalism is not shill rationalism that simply takes the received wisdom and makes it a starting point.

Originally posted by petrus4
I personally find it very difficult to believe that intelligence agencies have large numbers of paid shills on forums. They might have a few, but they are not going to have many, and those they do have, are generally only going to be targetting people who they've identified as a real cause for concern. The government simply doesn't have that much manpower, relative to the number of what they consider to be potential threats.

The real problem, as I wrote in a previous thread, is arbitrary skeptics. These are people who basically do the government's job for it, without needing to be paid or given orders. They do it because they tell themselves that they are more "rational," than other people who are "crackpots," or "tinfoil hat wearing paranoids," etc. A lot of the time with their attempted debunking, they believe that they are performing a genuine public service.

To me the real threat to meaningful discourse on these forums, isn't paid agents from the Central Intelligence Agency or FBI. It's devotees of the church of Richard Dawkins, who are arrogant, hostile, and have an extremely misguided view of both logic, and real science.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
Yes. I've noticed that "Skeptic-Intelpro" authors like Krause and Shermer luimp in conspiracy with New Age or Biblical Literalist forms of irrationalism. Note how a lot of conspiracy sites then go and play in to that equation, almost making the skeptics' case for them. Note how closely how both fit with cognitive dissonance.

Genuine skeptics question government. Genuine skeptics don't consider what government sources say as the
"null hypothesis." I think we can push that one further and also say that genuine skeptics part from academic rationalists in that the former do not consider the received intellectual climate as the "null hypothesis" starting point also. Genuine rationalism is not shill rationalism that simply takes the received wisdom and makes it a starting point.

Oh, yes. Academic pseudo-rationalism is always loads of fun. I've seen people on Wikipedia who'd likely reject written instructions on how to wipe their backsides if they weren't in a peer-reviewed journal. My mental response is, "Die in nuclear fire," literally each and every time.

I don't hate science. But I do passionately hate its' groupies.

new topics

top topics

join