It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked CIA Memo: Bush knew US torture was 'war crime'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More proof that the Bush Administration was fully aware that techniques such as Waterboarding and Stress Positions constituted torture, and accordingly War Crimes.

The part of how Western "Democracies" are aware of this fact, but have the attitude of "never turning on their own" is absolutely wrong. Did we not learn ANY lessons from WWII?

How these people can walk around in the light of day boggles the mind.

Oh, and as far as how Obama plays into this:

While many feel President Obama isn’t doing enough to make up for America’s past mistakes the truth be told he has hindered 100s of legal cases seeking retribution against the use of torture.

Leaked CIA Memo Shows Bush Was Warned Torture Methods Are War Crimes

ETA: The above link cannot be fixed. I'll put in the entire address so you can copy / paste. (This is the second example where ATS links to Alexander Higgins' Blog cannot be done. Bummer!)

ETA: No way to fix link. Even tried using Word as an in-between copy/paste. The best I can do is provide the website name:

Name of the website: Alexander Higgins Blog

There seems to be a glitch with using the word blog, so I'll cheat and put each name on its own line:

blog
alexanderhiggins
com

edit on 19-4-2012 by Hessling because: Fix link

edit on 19-4-2012 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All I can say is DUH!!!

They LIE!!!

Bush knew there wasn't WMD in Iraq

They knew where Bin Laden was.

Bernake knows the dollar will collapse.

Obama knows Fast n Furious was ILLEGAL

Criminals live in washington.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bad link.

Please fix as its a good topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"How these people can walk around in the light of day boggles the mind. "

They have ancient medallions that keep the sun from turning them to ash?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
"How these people can walk around in the light of day boggles the mind. "

They have ancient medallions that keep the sun from turning them to ash?

I laughed and then thought, hmmmm...maybe it is true!

I tried fixing the link and it's a no-go. I've written out the address to copy/paste into your browser.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No big shock here but the piles of evidence that are coming out makes it frustrating to handle. These people care about one thing and one thing only ... $. Anything they can do is considered good business if they dont get caught. We have to start holding some of these people responsible for this garbage.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When your buddies own the world you can torture.
Thanks for bringing this to light OP.
I don't think that administration put any thought
as to whether or not it was torture.
Most work went into convincing "Us", it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Common knowledge since WWII.As to the water boarding we train our own people with this in SERE.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Still wornt work.

Its the (nolink). it needs to have a name of the site there.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You mean he really didn't think they were "advanced interrogation techniques"?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Any one older than twelve new that that was torture. The telling fact is that he had to have someone spell iet out for him!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Bloody heck! Some glitch is preventing using the word blog I'm guessing. I put each part of the address on its own line.

Name of the website is: Alexander Higgins Blog
blog
alexanderhiggins
com

Name of the article: Leaked CIA Memo: Bush knew US torture was 'war crime"

edit on 19-4-2012 by Hessling because: Link info

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is ridiculous; what we do in the US is not torture. Now the hard corps detainees are in fact sincerely tortured in other locations.

All the doo gooders out there who cried for us to stop our "supposed torture" can blame themselves for the real and genuine suffering of those who were subsequently sent to worse places to achieve the same thing albeit with less effective results.

Enhanced interrogation which is more like intense physical and mental manipulation that may produce momentary panic or mental fatigue did without a doubt produce documented and good usable/ actionable intelligence.

I have been to SERE School and had every one of these methods applied to me. Yes - you will talk; that is a fact. However, it's hardly torture. No permanent effects.

Also, I was a Special Forces Officer - I was also a Military Intelligence Officer, specifically a HUMINT officer (I was also a 97B when enlisted). I personally used most of these techniques on individuals at various locations in theater and at one location in the US. Prior to being authorized to use any technique you must first have been subjected to it so you know how to safely do it and what the effects feel like.

I was also a Russian speaker so when a post came up for a liaison officer to be on site in Uzbekistan for some intelligence collection I was selected. If you want to know what torture is - it’s there and in other places. I was not allowed to witness any real torture for plausible deniability reasons I suspect but I saw its effects. It doesn't work really IMO the information was unreliable.

It is a classic case of the choosing the devil you know...

top topics

join