It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran army ready for action on disputed Gulf island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Iran army ready for action on disputed Gulf island

www.google.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's ground forces commander warned that should diplomacy fail, the military is ready for action over a disputed Gulf island controlled by Iran but also claimed by the United Arab Emirates, state TV reported Thursday.

"We do not allow any country to carry out an invasion," Pourdastan said. "If these disturbances are not solved through diplomacy, the military forces are ready to show the power of Iran to the offender. Iran will strongly defend its right."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
UAE, as far as I know, is a friend of NATO and if anything were to come of this militarily I think Israel will use this distraction to launch their jets to destroy the Iranian Nuclear Sites (possibly).

It's most likely another reason for them to flex their muscles in sights of the US Military presence in the Gulf.
edit on 19-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I guess these guys never get enough press/
The US is at the backdoor, Isreal wants them. There are British and French ships there. Now, they are screaming about an island.

Best bet, saber ratteling and little else. (I hope)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its like there can be any reason to spark conflict in the region Im not sure Iran wants to do this right now and get the Gulf Council against it. That will pit almost all the powers in the Middle East against Iran in addition to Israel.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh FFS, thats all we need. Another reason to attack Iran.
Makes me wonder if, either Iran is instigating trouble on purpose or all this drama is being orchestrated by "unknown" forces to force yet another war in the ME.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sounds as if Iran is firing a warning shot to NATO that their no push over and ready to react to any situation. I kind of see this as a defensive move by Iran.

new topics

top topics

join