It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - April 19th, The Start of the Revolution - A REVISIT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by gwydionblack

And yet people are content with this. People are fine with this. Somehow, people still wake up each day, go to their 9-5's, eat their dinners, watch their nightly news, post on ATS, go to sleep, rinse, repeat, and do absolutely nothing - day in, day out, nothing more than complaining, making excuses to make them feel better about doing nothing and accepting their lives inside of a cage.

I'm curious...and I asked this of someone else recently that was complaining about their life.

What would you like your day to be like?

What exactly is missing in your life?

What's missing for me as an American?

- I would like to not have to pretend to be Canadian when I travel.
- America is an invasive global force bent on colonialism. I would like to not be paying for this with my taxes.
- I would like my taxes to not go toward subsidizing industries who need no help. Oil, beef, dairy, etc...
- I would like the average American job to provide a family-supporting wage.
- I would like our bodies and health to not be treated as commodities and to be treated, instead, like precious American resources that should get subsidies and kept healthy.
- I would like money to be taken out of politics. Completely. The only public office that should pay more than 65K/year is the presidency.
- I would like to live in a nation that considered it unacceptable to not honor another nation's sovereignty.
- I would like to live in a nation that did not funnel every public opinion through two parties. Many nations have more than ten political parties that are viable each election.
- I would like legal right to live on public land that my taxes pay for.
- I would like to live in a nation that didn't have the highest civilian incarceration rate in the world.
- I would like to live in a nation that didn't believe in the ridiculous notion that you can rule a union of states that take up a continent from one centralized power. States need more sovereignty.
- I would like to live in a nation that would at least give an enclave nation to the people who it stole their land from.
- I would like a nation that didn't blame all their problems on welfare mothers and instead looked at the big picture.
- I would like to live in a nation that truly was separate from religion.

I could keep this list up all night but I think you get the picture. It's not that our American lives are bad, it's just that our American lives are so wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Forgive my intrusion, but do you mind me asking you how old you are?

I mean no implication one way or another by asking the question. Just genuinely curious.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by mytheroy

Revolution to be precise.

I don't want people fighting each other. I want them to know who their enemy is.

The fight you are talking about is between opposing ideologies. What you are talking about is a civil war! And it will be brother against brother, just like the first time. A portion of the population has assuaged the government into taking an ever increasing role in our lives. This has been accomplished through the offering of carrots, looser moral standards, and entitlements. We are not the same people, nor do we share the same values as our ancestral patriots- we are split by our core beliefs. We will not win a war of minds. Not unless we reinvigorate the values that once caused a small group of colonists to take on the world's most predominate power. Revolution can only be accomplished through winning the hearts and minds, and reasserting the standards of old- not by taking up arms against one another. The fight against tyranny starts by re-establishing our fundemental values, standing firm on our beliefs, and revitalizing the true meaning of liberty. The pendulum has swung to far to the left and its eventual correction will be an over-correction. The revolution needs to come from within, and we must shed our bigotries and predjudices in favor of a single standard that we can all except, and abide by. Accountability starts with each of us, and as great men once again become accountable, not afraid to stand on their beliefs, the revolution will spread like wildfire- and tyranny will slip away in the dark, like a theif in the night. We need to recapture the idealism that made our nation great, not destroy eachother. Stand down, and stand tall.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

What are you talking about we get taxed 100% off of every dollar at some point?

I get my check FEDERAL TAXES.
If I don't have a bank account the bank charges a 3 dollar fee to do so.
That gets FEDERAL TAXES taken out as well as PROFIT SHARING CHARGES.
Then their employees get their check. Guess what MORE FEDERAL TAXES.
I then go buy food and that FOOD gets federal taxes taken out and the STORE HAS TO PAY GOVERNMENT PROFIT SHARING CHARGES.
The store makes enough money and pays FEDERAL TAXES BEFORE they pay their employees.
Then their employees get their checks and they pay FEDERAL TAXES.
They cash their checks.
Some of which get a charge to do so if they dont get it cashed at their bank if they are a member.
Then they go to the store... you know the rest.
But then they need cash.
So they go to an atm that is not their banks ATM get a 2, 3, sometimes 4 or 5 dollar charge for using an ATM that is not their banks. The bank gets that money, then pays federal taxes AND PROFIT SHARING CHARGES.

PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN DOLLAR IS TAXED 100%
edit on 19-4-2012 by ringlejames because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by ringlejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Eh.. I am on the same page if it's a 9-5 job that still has the employee struggling paycheck to paycheck.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Look above your last post. I am an attention seeker.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Your post pretty much says it all.
I agree with everything you say.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

You are absolutely correct as well.
Not to mention you have to pay property taxes so you can't just expect to own things. You have to have some sort of income. You can't just own a vehicle and land, pay it off, and live on it. No, they want property taxes, they want you to have running water, and make use of the land how the government sees fit or they take it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Death. You forgot the over 120 thousand people a year just in this country alone that die from the proper use of prescription drugs the FDA approves, While of course supressing the natural remedies. How about the 90 thousand a year from secondary infections in hospitals. All sanctioned by the government. How about cancer, heart disease, and all the other major "incurables" whose succesfull treatment regimes have been covered-up or severly supressed. How about the millions of abortions sanctioned by the government. How about 600 billion to the "illegals" while the veterans get their benefits cut. On and on it goes. Cloward-Plivens anyone??? No doubt, our government IS the problem. Well, at least the bankers who own it are. Doc

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Did the revolution start yet, 'cause we've only got 20 minutes to get crackin'. :-[

Not going to put a second line.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
when an american says there will be revolution i believe it.

they have proven thru out their history that they are willing to die, burn, kill and fight for what they believe is a just cause or injustice thrust upon them.

that is why there is a concerted effort by the powers that be to kill the american fighting spirit.

it is hard to stand up and fight when you have been corrupted and are no longer just, righteous or morally on the side goodness and justice.

but that is precisely when you do fight.

the worst mistake the government will ever make is ignore the american people.

they have all the money. it is hard to fight when you're struggling to keep your house in a system designed to keep you poor.

i believe you missed your opportunity during the financial collapse. but they'll be many others, you can count on it.

edit on 19-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

A lot of people around where I live (Southern Arizona just outside Tombstone and Huachuca City) are preparing. The last 3 gun shows I went to (where I got a KILLER deal on a Sig P2022 with upgraded tritium night sights, but that's another story) has been PACKED!! I mean ever 2 steps I found myself going pardon me, excuse me...people are stocking up and it doesn't look pretty

I have to admit...seeing the news about the gov ordering 450 MILLION .40 cal rounds and millions more of .223, I now have 500 rounds for my Glock-19, Springfield XD, and now Sig Sauer that I just picked up along with 480 rounds (picking up another 2 cans at the next gun show next month in Tucson) .223 for my AR15. Been buying extra bags of rice and hard beans and other non-perishables with each grocery store run.

A storm is coming folks, prepare in any way that you are able. Not meaning to be all doom and gloom but I'm sorry but for anyone to say that I am...my response it TAKE A LOOK AROUND YOU man. I mean hell even UFO sightings don't even freak my wife and I out anymore
I mean like remember just a couple years back when you would see ONE get uploaded to youtube like once or twice a month and would be like WOW CHECK IT OUT!! NOW?!?! Buwhahahaha....my subscribers are uploading them DAILY!! The weather....the wars and more importantly the RUMOR OF WARS....the economy....the criminal in chief that usurped the highest seat of power in the nation and continues to wipe his ass with our Constitution on a DAILY BASIS....mainstream propaganda media wanting to start a race war....the police state that is rising up all around us......GMO foods and the diseases that they are causing.....the forced vaccinations on our children that we have no say over.....I mean TAKE YOU PICK FOLKS!! Please....someone PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS NOT GOING TO END BADLY?

Get prepared folks, get prepared.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All things are either allowed, or permitted. If America is a country that has thrived off of the exploitation of others, and the governing body within the country is a representative democracy where the people have elected its officals to act on their behalf, the only conclusion that should be drawn is that our societies values are incredibly distorted. The argument of causing another revolution in a representative democracy simply highlights the fact that individuals refuse to take accountability for their actions. Your argument suggests that people no longer dictate the outcomes of their own lives, and has no basis in reality at all. The fact that you speak freely on your own behalf negates your entire argument. With that being said, guns kill people. We're a species of sentient beings, who don't even know our own history, because time and again people like you turn to apathy as means of preserving your ego, which has lead to the deaths of millions of innoncent people. Yet you fail to realize that our country is a literal embodiment that people off all races, and all orgins can overcome the divides which seperate ourselves from another, and coexist peacefully. Do you ever wonder why the words of individuals such as Buddha and Jesus will remain forever immortalized, and the men themselves have become deified by our society long after their human body no longer exists? It's because they understood that when you die, money, power and social status is irrelevant, and that you will be judged by your creator on the good you did for your fellow man. True strength isn't found in the size of a man's muscle, but in his convictions to help others. So before you dare tell people to take up arms against the institutions which you empower, recognize that violence is the most primitive form of conflict resolution that stems from an inability to communicate effectively
edit on 20-4-2012 by nickendres because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Your logic and reasoning fail at this line ; others would say at the very beginning but this line sums up your illogical stance.

"You like your job so you don't give a damn about anyone else out there who is unemployed."

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Revolution will inevitably bring about a Civil War due to the American way of life and all of it's divisions. Mark my words. When it goes down and we all know that someday it will. Revolution and Civil War will be one in the same. It becomes preservation for one's self and then for one's ideals of what they desire of a new Nation. The Federal Government knows this all to well and has been and is fully prepared for it. The Republic turned Democracy will inevitably fall sooner or later.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Here's a question. Were YOU and the OP protesting? Or are just posting messages online criticizing the ones risking confrontation? If so get off your computer chair and go out or put a sock in it. The thing is we are not organized and to be honest, screw the American people. They are not worth my time going out to protest. I abhor what this country has become...most of this world in fact. Let it all come tumbling down for all it's worth, and I'll let you all be the individual judges of that. The purely Internet posters ain't worth a dime either because all we do is sit here acting all intelligent while I honestly believe not even 10 percent of you would ever pick up a gun to fight! So enough rambling on! Just sit back and watch as this country goes further down the toilet. Mostly corrupt, tired people left who would rather tune out the truth than face the music because they realize it happened so slowly that they never noticed and now we have a LOT of catching up to do but few people consider it worth their time to do anything. But most of all I am bothered at this moment by those of you who sit and type here like you're on some intelligent high ground while the powerful people are least worried about a bunch of pansies sitting at home at their computers! Get over yourselves. You know who you are.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You're avatar is hilarious bro! lol

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
wind energy generation tax !

Holy #in # batman

I cant believe that , thats is the lowest blow of them all ! or wait was it death tax im not really sure which is worse.

Im in 100% agreement , us brits could take a leaf from your ancestors and get at our government for immediate political reform and revolution. Our current system is corrupt as hell too !

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Excellent post! No, outstanding post!
Wish I could send it to the world. Hand deliver it to every person on this planet and make them read it twice. Every word you wrote represent the essence of what is killing every man and woman living in western societies. A slow tortured slavery into death while living inside the cage for the gratification of a select group of greedy powerlusting sluts. I mean these harsh words, so no appology.

This post is the first in a while that I have read right through to the end, some places twice. Logged on just to S & F and reply.

Whilst us from other countries cannot say that our governments unneccisarily provoked as many cruel wars EVERYTHING else in your post is applicable to all western nations today. What a sad sorry bloody state of affairs. Mankind is loosing itself, because the way things are does not grow man and is abolutely NOT KIND.

If you are a man I will marry you today! If you are a woman I will have a sex change and marry you too! You have the heart of a warrior, the soul of a lotus flower, a pen of gold and a powerful way with words that is not second to Hitler!

Long may you run!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

The first Revolution was also between the Tories and the Patriots. The Tories wanted to stay loyal to the King and the Patriots wanted freedom. I remember reading stories in history class about Tories getting tarred and feathered.
Today the fight is between the Hegelian left and right.
edit on 20-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
S&F for this excellent thread.

I'm not American, but in Canada we are facing many of the same problems that you are facing in America. This is one of the many reasons that I consider the American population our brothers & sisters. Everything you say resonates with what I've been thinking for the past decade or so. Everything has a breaking point, and I think most countries around the world are on the very edge of that breaking point. Pick up a newspaper, it's hard to miss. The protests and riots have been at an all time high during the past few years, and I think this is just the beginning of the global awakening.

I'm sick of the wars, the hatred, the racism, the problems created by religion, the increase in human and animal illness due to pollution and chemicals in our food and water. I'm sick of the greedy governments. I'm sick of cops who brutally beat and taser people just because they know they can get away with it. I'm sick of corporate greed.

I'm sick of the INJUSTICE.

But do you know what gets me through the day (and night)? Knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Just knowing that there are millions and millions of people across the world who feel the same way helps me keep my chin up and gives me hope for a better future. Some people are speculating that 2012 is going to be the major breaking point; the peak of the storm that has been brewing for years now. I don't know if that's the case, but there certainly seems to be an increase in unusual activity in the past few months alone.

As I end this post, I'd like to share a photo that I found on somebody's blog last night that really resonated with me and invoked a few emotions.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join