It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Alternate THEORIES of evolution:

page: 8
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by rhinoceros
 


You'll get the hypotheses you want and the answer to all your questions soon enough.

Either the rapture and tribulation and second coming will happen, and then you'll see....

Or you'll die first, and then you'll see

I'm gonna go roam some other forums, maybe let some other people reply here....


Heaven is actually a city made of candy floating on the back of a giant eagle.

...

It's very segregated though. Like Brooklyn.




posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather
 


You're hilarious,

and Sheol is no joke.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero
 


I am still waiting for the creationists to tell me what is their definition of a "species". I keep on hearing that one species cannot change into another, but no creationist can tell me what they mean when they talk about a species.

Is a species any creature that can mate with another and have offspring?
or is it a any creature that can mate with each other and have fertile offspring?

if so, what about creatures that reproduce asexually, with self-fertilization, or with parthenogenesis, etc, etc, etc.......?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

Originally posted by amnislupus
 

What does that have to do with Theistic Evolution?
Wasn't Jesus explaining to the Pharisees of Judea that divorce and adultery were sins in the eyes of God?

Seems pretty literal to me. No allegory here, nothing to see, move along.
The passages I quoted were literal. So if Jesus was literally commenting on something that is supposed by, theistic evolutionists, as allegorical, then it would seem Jesus didn't know what he was talking about.

There is one other possibilty. Genesis is literal.


Please explain to me how any quote by Jesus can be taken literally, when it's a fact that literally no one who wrote the bible ever met him?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by thegagefather
 


You're hilarious,

and Sheol is no joke.


If your Jesus ever existed, he was an alien.

Paul himself would agree with me, and since all books after his were based on his, all other opinions are null.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321
 


Oh, and ops.
Its not trolling for others to split hairs about theory verses hypothesis. You may be trying to simply discuss the merits of the idea...but the thing is, the more you use theory, for your (or any) hypothesis, the more people get confused about what the difference is.

The scientific theory comes well after both hypothesis and testing...just coming up with any random thing without any tests is not on the same level as a theory.
This is why many people get confused about the theory of evolution..they think its not tested, they believe its on the same level as any other hypothesis out there, including anything they can make up on a dime (we all came from a super volcano..hense why our blood is red, its actually very old lava..we are lava people and subjects of the great lava king).

I don't think anyone was purposefully insulting you (at least initially), but rather just trying to express the importance of making the distinction between hypothesis and theory...especially in areas of science.

You can say, in laymans terms, that you have a theory about why women go to the bathroom in groups, or a theory on why some potato chips taste crunchier than others, etc...nobody really gets huffy about the improper use in those settings, because there is not hotly contested rather huge implications should it be considered tested or not...but when discussing theory for things like evolution, nuclear physics, new forms of energy harnassing, etc...then ya..best to use the accurate words verses layman definitions.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Also, you believe in Hades?

Because Sheol is literally Greek Hades.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
you still have failed to show evidence for intelligent design... your creator god is hardly intelligent.. the andromeda galaxy is on a collision course heading straight for us, and once it reaches us, we will be demolished into absolute nothingness.. why would a creator create something only to have it lead to inevitable nothingness?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by addygrace
 

So you're claiming that creationists didn't espouse a "fixity of species" post-Darwin?
I'm just asking for sources. Don't be scared.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just a few questions for the OP:

1.) Was there preexisting material for this god of being to work with or did he just will it into existence?

2.) Who designed the designer or what caused the designer? if god could simply exist from nothing then so could the universe from nothing.

3.) If there is intelligent design, then why are there so many collapsed suns, failed galaxies, and planets that can not support life.

Also, according to the human genome project, 99% of the species on earth have lapsed into extinction at some point. Humans have been reduce to populations traceable to as low as 40,000.. that is how close we were to extinction. if there is intelligent design then why were we allowed to almost slip into extinction?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
you still have failed to show evidence for intelligent design... your creator god is hardly intelligent.. the andromeda galaxy is on a collision course heading straight for us, and once it reaches us, we will be demolished into absolute nothingness.. why would a creator create something only to have it lead to inevitable nothingness?
I don't know, but you are asking the question. If you ask him he will answer.

God is a good God.


PSALM 145:8-9 NKJ
8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy.
9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace
 





The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.

Have you read the Old Testament thoroughly? It clearly shows through all the mass murder and genocide that god is quickly angered and shows very little mercy...
edit on 20-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why does there need to be alternate theories for something that doesn't exist? Evolution is a laughingstock in the informed scientific community. I'm not sure why people fall for it. are you people really so brainwashed that you believe rats jumped out of trees and killed themselves for millions of years until they could grew wings and fly? Because that is what evolution teaches and what the Illuminati want you to believe. Stay informed and deny ignorance



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Just a few questions for the OP:

1.) Was there preexisting material for this god of being to work with or did he just will it into existence?
I'm not the OP but maybe I could try and clear this up.
Genesis 1 The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The Hebrew word 'bara' is used. Which in this context it means created something new. The heavens and the earth means everything. So in the beginning God created everything. Since 'bara' was used it means everything was created and it wasn't preexisting material.

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
2.) Who designed the designer or what caused the designer? if god could simply exist from nothing then so could the universe from nothing.
The Lord God is eternal. We know the universe is not eternal, because it had a beginning.

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman3.) If there is intelligent design, then why are there so many collapsed suns, failed galaxies, and planets that can not support life.
Ask God this question. I don't understand what you're getting at, though. Collapsed suns give off elements etc. Actually, you're saying an intelligent designer wouldn't create something that could collapse, fail, or not support life. That's like saying the car engine is not a brilliant invention, because it burns fuel, has parts that deteriorate, and you can't live inside of it. Good one.


Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Also, according to the human genome project, 99% of the species on earth have lapsed into extinction at some point. Humans have been reduce to populations traceable to as low as 40,000.. that is how close we were to extinction. if there is intelligent design then why were we allowed to almost slip into extinction?
Actually the Bible says our population was reduced to 8 people. Why were we allowed to almost slip into extinction? God was very careful. You can't be serious. You ask about the God of the Bible and ask these questions? God has a lot in store for you. Embrace it. You may end up appreciating it.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by addygrace
 





The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.

Have you read the Old Testament thoroughly? It clearly shows through all the mass murder and genocide that god is quickly angered and shows very little mercy...
edit on 20-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)
If you actually read the Bible to understand God, and didn't rely on God hating websites, you may answer your own questions one day.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace
 





everything was created and it wasn't preexisting material.


he had to have either 'willed it into existence' or the necessary materials for creation had to be at his disposal..




The Lord God is eternal. We know the universe is not eternal, because it had a beginning.

Anything that is something HAS TO HAVE A BEGINNING. therefore, if god is real he too had a beginning. my question though is, how did he begin?




Ask God this question. I don't understand what you're getting at, though. Collapsed suns give off elements etc. Actually, you're saying an intelligent designer wouldn't create something that could collapse, fail, or not support life. That's like saying the car engine is not a brilliant invention, because it burns fuel, has parts that deteriorate, and you can't live inside of it. Good one.


what i am getting at is, if intelligent design created everything then why are there so many errors at failures?




If you actually read the Bible to understand God, and didn't rely on God hating websites, you may answer your own questions one day.

I have read the bible, and have never been on a god hating website.. I don't find it necessary to hate something that doesn't exist.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
75% of this thread is what's wrong with the world today. A select few screaming out against pure ignorance and the ultimate control and manipulation tool - religion.

If you believe we got down to 8 people ...and I know your talking about the folk tale of Noah....then I guess you believe in a flat Earth huh? Sun and Moon circle us against a perfect celestial sphere too...correct? Oh, wait...that would mean there are no satellites...so no cell phones or internet.

I had this old lady back home who would scream at us that there was no outer space and all that hog wash...but would watch the 700 Club on her Direct TV.

Ignorance.

Oh, and the person who said God is a good God. Tell that to the people of Darfur. Hell, tell that to lady getting beaten every night by her husband. Tell that to the millions of people starving to death in AMERICA. How about this, get your head out of your ass and realize - it's all a myth to control you!! Obey the laws or you'll go to "Hell". Listen to us, the boy raping priests or you'll go to "Hell".

Science can be proven. God and the myths can't. In face, in many cases, the myths can be dis-proven. Just remember Occam's Razor. But since there are so many simple minded good christians in here, you'll probably have to google it.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dont understand if this is meant to be about evolution why the OP is quoting biblical verses?? The catholic church has admitted on national TV no less that the story of Adam & Eve is mythological and not based on an actual account. LINK


In comments that may shock some staunch Catholics, Cardinal George Pell has described the biblical story of Adam and Eve as a myth. He appeared alongside renowned evolutionary biologist and atheist, Professor Richard Dawkins, on the ABC's Q&A program last night.


here is the link to the 1 hour show

Q&A with Pell & Dawkins


Using the Bible to prove science is like a fish trying to ride a bike. Pointless and ineffective. If you think people are picking on your thread because they dont agree with your ideas maybe the problem lies with your ideas and not the rest of the world. Using Bible verses to justify your stance is what people with no understanding of a subject resort to when they have nothing else. Its weak.
edit on 20-4-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gymbeau2000
75% of this thread is what's wrong with the world today. A select few screaming out against pure ignorance and the ultimate control and manipulation tool - religion.

If you believe we got down to 8 people ...and I know your talking about the folk tale of Noah....then I guess you believe in a flat Earth huh? Sun and Moon circle us against a perfect celestial sphere too...correct? Oh, wait...that would mean there are no satellites...so no cell phones or internet.

I had this old lady back home who would scream at us that there was no outer space and all that hog wash...but would watch the 700 Club on her Direct TV.

Ignorance.

Oh, and the person who said God is a good God. Tell that to the people of Darfur. Hell, tell that to lady getting beaten every night by her husband. Tell that to the millions of people starving to death in AMERICA. How about this, get your head out of your ass and realize - it's all a myth to control you!! Obey the laws or you'll go to "Hell". Listen to us, the boy raping priests or you'll go to "Hell".

Science can be proven. God and the myths can't. In face, in many cases, the myths can be dis-proven. Just remember Occam's Razor. But since there are so many simple minded good christians in here, you'll probably have to google it.
Occam's Razor? It doesn't pertain to this subject. Occam's Razor is something I talk to my 7 year old about when he's lying to me. I was going to reply to the rest of your stuff, but it's the same old God is mean stuff.

All of us were atheist's at one time. God will reveal himself. It seems you may be trying to push him away. Every man is without excuse.

One thing, though. What's this about Satellites?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

Originally posted by gymbeau2000

Occam's Razor? It doesn't pertain to this subject. Occam's Razor is something I talk to my 7 year old about when he's lying to me. I was going to reply to the rest of your stuff, but it's the same old God is mean stuff.

All of us were atheist's at one time. God will reveal himself. It seems you may be trying to push him away. Every man is without excuse.

One thing, though. What's this about Satellites?


Actually


Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness. It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect.


So it DOES apply to this thread and topic as the thread is about hypotheses of creation and evolution.

Not quite sure what Razor you're thinking of?




top topics



 
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join