It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate THEORIES of evolution:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello, good morning to all.

This will be a quick post, I just want to present to everyone here something to take an unbiased look at:

What if a literal interpretation of the Bible, especially Genesis, is wrong, but Genesis is true yet allegorical in its explanation of creation/origin?

What if Darwinian evolution is absolutely correct, but was not a godlessly driven natural occurance, but rather an intelligently directed and divinely guided form of Creationism?

I present to you two alternate theories of evolution:

A) first we have Theistic Evolution, the idea that Darwinian evolution happened, as presented by modern science, but was infact divinely guided, supporting links: www.biologos.org... and www.solhaam.org... and www.theistic-evolution.com... amongst others, just do a quick google search of "Theistic evolution genesis" or "theistic evolution bible"

B) next up we have Creative Evolution, another theory that is similar to Darwins, but more realistic (IMO) www.icr.org... and www.icr.org...

Well, now you all have it.

Proof that Bible believing creationists do not ALL believe the earth to be 6,000 years old and a literal Adam and Eve.....

The hebrew names Adam and Eve simply mean "mankind and womankind", they do not mean "a man named adam and a woman named eve", though they can be interpreted either way.....

This is the second thread I've made regarding this issue, hopefully this one will stick around and reach some thinking minds.....

God bless you all

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
I present to you two alternate theories of evolution:

A) first we have Theistic Evolution, the idea that Darwinian evolution happened, as presented by modern science, but was infact divinely guided, supporting links: www.biologos.org... and www.solhaam.org... and www.theistic-evolution.com... amongst others, just do a quick google search of "Theistic evolution genesis" or "theistic evolution bible"

B) next up we have Creative Evolution, another theory that is similar to Darwins, but more realistic (IMO) www.icr.org... and www.icr.org...

How can we test these hypotheses? If we can't. They're NOT theories.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

I am asking you politely to stop trolling my threads and posts if you can't think of anything worth saying or intelligent,

You're showing your immaturity and lack of ability to objectively observe by continually making crude, smart alec remarks to my posts,

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Actually he is right. Your getting mad at them for pointing out your inaccuracy. Which is why creationists usually FAIL in the evolution debate, because most don't understand the basic terminology of science.
edit on 19-4-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

By spamming threads with links to a video and making posts in a mocking tone, you truly prove to any intelligent individual that you lack any sort of insight, wisdom, or knowledge.

You cannot formulate an intelligent response to my topic, so you revert to infantile behavior and childlike behavior, which is obviously the mindset you are most comfortable with, given your childlike views of the world around you.

From 1 Corinthians chapter 3:
Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Amen then!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Another one sentence post with no real thought put into it.

Is this seriously the best you skeptics and unbelievers can do?

Where is your intellect and wisdom? Is it limited to "witty" one sentence misspelled and grammatically incorrect replies?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Let those verses sink into all you unbelievers and skeptics "wise" minds,

Amen

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am asking you politely to stop trolling my threads and posts if you can't think of anything worth saying or intelligent,

You're showing your immaturity and lack of ability to objectively observe by continually making crude, smart alec remarks to my posts,

rhinoceros pointed out a FACT...so I'm not sure what your point is

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by nixie_nox

Another one sentence post with no real thought put into it.

Is this seriously the best you skeptics and unbelievers can do?

You still have not provided a way to test these hypotheses that you presented. This enforces my point, i.e. they're not theories (as you claimed). Expecting people to blindly accept baseless premises and then getting mad when they don't.. way to go.

edit on 19-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You have misunderstood the point of this thread.

It is not to discredit Darwins theory of evolution, it is to question the belief of Darwins evolutionary model being unguided and the nonexistence of a Creator.

And you never answered any questions I proposed to you in the other thread, all you do is beat around the bush...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You'll get the hypotheses you want and the answer to all your questions soon enough.

Either the rapture and tribulation and second coming will happen, and then you'll see....

Or you'll die first, and then you'll see

I'm gonna go roam some other forums, maybe let some other people reply here....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I believe in God and in Evolution, and have never had a problem with this. The bible states several times it is parables, allegories and metaphors, to keep it simple for people who were less scientifically minded 2,000 years ago. Jesus tells them exactly why...

Mathew 13:10-14 (King James for you nit pickers)
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why do you speak unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because seeing they see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, who said, By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive:

Basically he states because people are too stubborn or stupid to accept the truth.

Genesis completely runs completely along with the Big Bang Theory and Solar System evolution. Anyone who does not see this is blind.

But to me it is not a literal 7-day translation nor is the rest of creation. Christians want to believe in a magic God, but I see science describing a real existing God who created an amazing system of replication of life (DNA) that can adapt to almost any environment (Evolution). Creating a everlasting design of unique diversity of life (See Chaos Theory). The splendor, diversity, and vastness of the Universe, along with the the simplicity of complex designs (think simple equations E=MC2) confirm to me the existance of a creator.

Science used to help explain the nature, actions and mind of God, for some reason religion decided this was not needed and animosity grew between both philosophies in the nature of the material world.

But to me there should be no division between God and Science.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You have misunderstood the point of this thread.

It is not to discredit Darwins theory of evolution, it is to question the belief of Darwins evolutionary model being unguided and the nonexistence of a Creator.

That's another baseless premise. Evolution is guided by natural selection. Again, if you want us to discuss other forms of guidance (e.g. by some intelligence like Allah), then provide us a way to test this possibility.

And you never answered any questions I proposed to you in the other thread, all you do is beat around the bush...

You never answered my question, i.e. why you thought that the "first baby apes and humans" didn't have parents. I think this also highlights the fact, that you know almost nothing about the modern synthesis or even Darwin's theory of evolution.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Christians want to believe in a magic God, but I see science describing a real existing God who created an amazing system of replication of life (DNA) that can adapt to almost any environment (Evolution). Creating a everlasting design of unique diversity of life (See Chaos Theory). The splendor, diversity, and vastness of the Universe, along with the the simplicity of complex designs (think simple equations E=MC2) confirm to me the existance of a creator.

Existence of creator or existence of some specific personal Deity like the Christian God(s)?

But to me there should be no division between God and Science.

How would science ever get anything done, if the answer to every question posed could simply be "God did it"? Why does drug A seem to kill this pathogen better than drug B? God. Why does water put out fire? God. Why do things fall? God..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Strongs Concordance for "day" from Genesis:

H3117 yowm yome

from an unused root meaning to be hot;

a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb)... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.

KJV: age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (.

An alternate rendering of Genesis 1:1-2 "In a beginning created by the Elohim
were the heavens and the earth
Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos.
Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water"

Alternate rendering of Genesis 1:5 "And God is calling to light the day, and to the darkness he calls night,
and he is becoming evening and he is becoming morning, the first age"

Alternate rendering of Genesis 1:7-8 "And coming is it to be so.
And making is the Elohim the atmosphere, and separating is He between that which is is under the atmosphere and that which is above the atmosphere.
And calling is the Elohim the atmosphere "heavens" and seeing is the Elohim that it is good. And he is becoming day, and he is becoming night, the second age"

These are my personal translations, made using a KJV and CLV for refernce along with the Westminster Leningrad Codex Genesis text.....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't deny the first apes and humans had parents, but where did there parents come from?

How did the early humans mate? How did they survive? How exactly did they evolve all on there own?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Science does not explain why things are created, it only the process of how it happens. There is still no idea of what created gravity, but only the understanding of how it works. Even Einstein could only imagine how it works but not why. Nor could he define why it didn’t, at differentiating scaled levels such as Galaxies, to Atoms.

Science only gives us the understanding of the processes of a material world, but just because God created it does not give us the reason why or how and lacks understanding.

God did it my answer the why but not the how…

edit on 19-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't deny the first apes and humans had parents, but where did there parents come from?

How did the early humans mate? How did they survive? How exactly did they evolve all on there own?

LINK

Timeline

Oh, and early humans mated just like us. Males had a penis, and that penis went into the vagina of the female early human...do we really need to have the birds & bees talk?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Science does not explain why things are created, it only the process of how it happens. There is still no idea of what created gravity, but only the understanding of how it works. Even Einstein could only imagine how it works but not why. Nor could he define why it didn’t, at differentiating scaled levels such as Galaxies, to Atoms.

Science only gives us the understanding of the processes of a material world, but just because God created it does not give us the reason why or how and lacks understanding.

God did it my answer the why but not the how…

edit on 19-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

It is your BELIEF that god answers the why...that isn't based on objective evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join