It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SD man's lawsuit says Circumcision "Robbed" him...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh, this is just precious.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — A South Dakota prison inmate is suing the hospital where he was circumcised as a newborn, saying he only recently became aware that he'd undergone the procedure and that it robbed him of his sexual prowess. Dean Cochrun, 28, is asking for $1,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. He also asks in the lawsuit that his foreskin be restored "in the hopes I could feel whole again," though he acknowledged that he didn't expect such a restoration to be anything more than aesthetic.

Who do I sue to retrieve my foreskin?

Cochrun claims that an "unknown doctor" at the then-named Sioux Valley Hospital misled his mother to believe that the procedure was medically necessary.

Wow, this just keeps getting better.

"I was recently made aware of the fact that I had been (circumcised) and that ... I was robbed of sensitivity during sexual intercourse as well as the sense of security and well-being I am entitled to in my person," he argued in the lawsuit, adding that neither he nor his partners would "have that sensitivity during sexual intercourse and have a normal sex life."

I am real sorry your prison sex is not sensitive enough for you.

My favorite part is his quote..."I was recently made aware of the fact that I had been circumcised"

UT-SanDiego.com

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

hahah, oh man...i often think i live a sheltered life...this man has to understand what had happened to his member much earlier than now lol...

id imagine he is looking for some sort of personal redemption for being imprissoned...hes prolly not very smart, so when thinking of what he could sue for..the first place he knew to look was his piece lol

silly...thank you for sharing the good laugh lol

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My wife and I were lied to by our doctor about circumcision and we had it done to our son when he was born, I think people should use the crap out of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
well it is true that it robs us of some 50 million nerve endinngs

however, to grieve as an adult over a "stolen" sexuality yet u are in prison - is a weak argument unless u indeed intended to experience all that sexual foreskin stimulation in all-male prison, yeah.

it does seem it has become an adult men's lib outcry instead of a movement to ban doctor-recommended circumcisions. nowadays parents still ask the doctor for their opinion whether to or not, and in many of our cases the doctor said yes when we would have said no.

it really should be something voluntairy like when you turn 18 you can decide, but not ur parents other than where both are the same religion (all jews and most muslims excent one tribe/sect).

christianity used to require circumcision but realized if they waive that requirement, more uncut men would convert - and they did.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
well it is true that it robs us of some 50 million nerve endinngs

however, to grieve as an adult over a "stolen" sexuality yet u are in prison - is a weak argument unless u indeed intended to experience all that sexual foreskin stimulation in all-male prison, yeah.

it does seem it has become an adult men's lib outcry instead of a movement to ban doctor-recommended circumcisions. nowadays parents still ask the doctor for their opinion whether to or not, and in many of our cases the doctor said yes when we would have said no.

it really should be something voluntairy like when you turn 18 you can decide, but not ur parents other than where both are the same religion (all jews and most muslims excent one tribe/sect).

christianity used to require circumcision but realized if they waive that requirement, more uncut men would convert - and they did.

I understand the debate...

However, once you are in prison.

Your foreskin shouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit.

Also, I understand it is very painful. No matter what age you are.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are many health benefits associated with circumcision.

www.cdc.gov...

I'm glad I was and I plan on having any sons I have circumsized. For every 1 person with a negative experience there are many more who have had benefits. And exactly how does circumsion rob his "partner" (cellmate?) of pleasure? I have never had that problem with the ladies, sounds like he's got other issues.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Depending on where you live, the attitude to circumcision has completely turned around in less than 50 years (it has here). It used to be almost mandatory but now it would be not so easy to find a doctor prepared to do it and I know of parents who had to argue with a number of doctors in order to get their newborn sons 'done'. One opposing doc's reply to the request was 'why don't you get his ears cut off as well' (extreme case).

If you are fortunate enough to live in a place with good health services and hygiene awareness it's just a matter of choice. Here, now at least, if you want your son to be like most of his mates he grows up with you don't get him circumcised which is the exact opposite of my experience growing up 60 years ago.

My opinion: it's unnecessary and risks complications with infections etc so, although I was circumcised, my sons were not.

As for the complaining inmate: talk about clutching at straws.
edit on 20/4/2012 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

I agree with your post.

There are some very good arguments against circumcision.

However, Once you are in prison...That ship has pretty much sailed.

Some Men have used weights and restored their own foreskins.

Cutting off the tip of a baby's penis...Does sound a little barbaric.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
But it's a good way to lose weight ! I was born a poor, fat baby. After the operation, my body weight was reduced
by 50%. (However, I did have nightmares about nurses and doctors for years !)

Maybe it's a way to get back at Bubba !!

edit on 20-4-2012 by SIEGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

www.nytimes.com...

Officials from the pediatrics academy said its new policy would be issued by early 2011; a task force that studied the topic has completed its report, which is being reviewed by several other committees, said Dr. Michael Brady, chairman of pediatrics at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, who served on the task force. The academy is likely to adopt a more encouraging stance than its current neutral position and to state that the procedure has health benefits beyond H.I.V. prevention, Dr. Brady said.

Circumcision is still medically relevant, and living in areas with "good health services" does not mean it should not be done. As I mentioned earlier there are cases where it goes horribly wrong, many times this is due to the person doing the circumsion not being properly trained. If 100% of people were circumsized many more would have positive results than negative, just a fact.

top topics

join