It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable events happing to me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness

Originally posted by Rightwing
reply to post by ProtectedWitness

And as for asking people on ATS for advise who else can i ask my family would think i'm a nut and that's not who I am.

If your family would think you are a nut, than you probably are. And you want to know who you can ask besides ATS... try a psychologist. I'm sure there are many who would like to work with a person like you.
I like psychology, anyone can learn about it. To think that the opinions of family members give creedence to the reality of the situation is like saying that you should become a Catholic just because your family thinks it's right.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
What is the harm of getting yourself checked out by a mental health professional?

Them throwing you on unnecessary medication is the problem. And believe me, they will try.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

What is the harm of getting yourself checked out by a mental health professional?

Them throwing you on unnecessary medication is the problem. And believe me, they will try.

Paranoid much? You have no idea how mental health works. You have to be seen by a therapist BEFORE you even get scheduled to see a prescriber. No one goes into a clinic for a mental health evaluation and then just gets slammed with pills unless they go in saying they are going to hurt themselves or others.

Even if this guy went into the office saying he was the King of Siam, they aren't going to load him up with anti-psychotics until he has had a full evaluation.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Rude!!!!! Look where the OP's posting....Grey Area. What is the Grey Area...(?)
He followed all rules on ATS and he did not deserve the rude entitled comment he got from you.
Even if he does appear to be crazy to YOU.... What if he was? What if he's crying out for help... (which he is)
Close to the edge and alls he needs in his life right now is a friendly shoulder... One that would listen and CARE for no other reason then out of respect. But instead he gets a hard un-friendly advice which sends him to MT fugi...
I would say that you would be complicate to murder. WORDS are a powerful thing... Sticks and stones and all that. Why can't you just be more kind and respectful?

As far as the poster and your story is concerned.... I was reading my normal un-MSM news and stocks. A website called urban survival is keeping a running post of stories just like yours to see if they can "figure it out" there are truly a lot of people just like you. You should definitely go there and dive in to the stories of others. Scan threw until you find a heading after his stock news to something like " the weird files "

.... Amazing story. Thanks for coming to the right place to tell it!

edit on 19-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Sc

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Have you considered your wife might be a fembot?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

And as for asking people on ATS for advise who else can i ask my family would think i'm a nut and that's not who I am.

If your family would think you are a nut, than you probably are. And you want to know who you can ask besides ATS... try a psychologist. I'm sure there are many who would like to work with a person like you.

As a former Mental Health & Behavioral Counselor, I can see you have a bigger problem than the OP does. Strange things happen. He would be a nut NOT to question them. Anything seems possible.

Thanks OP for posting an interesting thread. Have you considered paranormal possibilities? I believe that a similar experience I had was possibly paranormal. Then again, there is a LOT of high strangeness these days in many areas. Keep searching, and good luck.

edit on 19-4-2012 by gemdog because: Fixed wording

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You most likely have a mental illness. You should probably think about seeing a psychologist. And maybe think about getting some sleep.

And also, stop looking to people on ATS for advice. You should seek professional help. Seriously.

Thanks for clearing that up for us Doc.

Phew! and to think we would of never made it without your unparallelled expertise

Come on pal,Have you never heard of a theoretical time-slip??

what about replicant's from the year 2047 that were created by a disillusioned 11 year old,who also I might add,created the first time machine that's powered by ambrosia...Where have you been?

Op,sounds like if what you are saying truly,irrefutably happened as you have related then it sounds like some sort of possible 'time-slip',rip in the fabric of the matrix some like to say.

I read once of a lady who experienced events similar to yours but in her experience it lasted an entire day with subtle little differences here & there...She woke up the next day and everything was back to normal...Truly stranger than fiction.
edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ok so now things have got a hole lot stranger, my wife just came home from work, and as for a suggestion earlier about it being a prank.

So I asked her outright no messing about. I don't even care any more I had to ask, and she said when I came downstairs that morning I asked where is my bus money was and my wallet.

She then said why are you not driving? Apparently I said you must have had a funny turn in the night as I don't drive, and she asked what did you think of our meal last night and I just said what meal. And then when I came out of the kitchen I asked where my car keys and wallet were.

Ok so I guess I could have an illness though both of us experiencing the same event, highly unlikely and both different versions, she thought that I was the one playing the joke on her. plus she thought I was wearing different clothes when I came down???

I just don't know anymore!

The constant is your wife.

Which is more likely, your wife staged a prank on you where all of the details were set up by your wife because she knows you love this kind of stuff, or you had a "dimension shift", an experience not supported by scientific history?
While it may (or may not) be true that "scientific history" does not support "dimension shift", it would be wise to learn about that which men have done in the name of science for a more accurate vision/perception on "scientific history" which some people go to for support. When one thing changes in the world, it essentially changes the whole world. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I do know how mental health works.

They threw me on 5 different medications at the age of 8 because I was hyper and didn't perform well in the public education system, so please - don't start telling me how medication works.

This country needs to be less medicated and taste the truth for once, and wake up out of their god damn coma. So you can keep your positive views about the mental health establishment, and I will stand firmly and state with no retraction of my belief, that they are one of the most corrupt institutes on the face of the god damn planet.

edit on 19-4-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

she said when I came downstairs that morning I asked where is my bus money was and my wallet.
She then said why are you not driving?

Oh that makes it clear.
You swapped universes momentarily and you experienced the "Rightwing doesnt drive" wife, while at the same time your wife experienced the "Rightwing doesnt drive" version of you.

Lucky you swapped back, otherwise you'd be stuck with no car... and the other you would be wondering why his wife bought a car he cant use.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is like that episode of G.I. Joe where Shipwreck wakes up and finds out he's been married and living in the suburbs after bringing down Cobra on his final mission. Turns out it was an evil Cobra plot to get the code word that the dying scientist whispered to him.

Knowing is half the battle.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

It sounds to me like you are shifting in and out of different dimensions. Remember, we exist on many planes of reality. So your wife in the other dimension knows you don't drive, but the wife of your dimension does know that you drive. Make sense? And thats very cool btw. Further supports my theory that we are already shifting into the 5th dimension.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Call me shallow, but if my wife in the other dimension is open to certain things that I'm really pushing for in this dimension (and getting the big "No way, Jose" on), I'm gonna be pissed.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

I do know how mental health works.

They threw me on 5 different medications at the age of 8 because I was hyper and didn't perform well in the public education system, so please - don't start telling me how medication works.

Did I tell you how medication works? No. I told you how the mental health system works. They didn't do anything to you that your parents didn't agree with.

This country needs to be less medicated and taste the truth for once, and wake up out of their god damn coma. So you can keep your positive views about the mental health establishment, and I will stand firmly and state with no retraction of my belief, that they are one of the most corrupt institutes on the face of the god damn planet.

Sounds like someone might have skipped their meds.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

my wife in the other dimension used to know how to cook!

this!?...what is this filth you make me consume ::knocks table over::
(not married,I jest,I love you ladies no disrespect )

OP,I recommend watching the movie 'another earth' or anyone who reads my post and that is interested in the implications of parallel universes clashing ,for lack of a better word without spoiling anything.

Great movie.

Not necessarily about time slips per se but makes you think outside the box and ask what if?
edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

And you're a perfect example of why the ignore function should still be in place.

You come to Above Top Secret of all places and promote medication? The pharmaceutical industry has been shown to be nothing but money hungry pigs, time and time again.

And just because the OP experienced something that isn't considered "normal" doesn't mean he should be medicated, evaluated or anything else. If the problem persists, and the OP is experiencing things that make him uncomfortable with his reality, then yes he should seek professional help.

However, let me remind you, Furbs, that we humans know a whole lot less than we think we do about the nature of the universe. So therefore, it's completely reasonable albeit unlikely that what he experienced was indeed a phenomena of one type or another.

Let me remind you, this is ATS. While I'm sure many appreciate your opinion, your word isn't god here and I think the number of people who agree this may be some type of quantum phenomena outweigh your opinion, in these parts. At least it would of used to.

Point being, don't force your opinion on other people, and please for the love of god don't preach to me about mental health and medications, because I know a whole lot more than you about them. You think those medications are designed to "help" people? No. They're designed to mask the symptom. They do not cure anything.

Edit to add:

Excuse me, you weren't promoting medication, but a psychiatric evaluation at which point they usually TRY to get you on some kind of medication, using such techniques as:

"How do you feel?"

"Stressed at times."

"Ok, let's throw you on this this and this."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ugh. You can't apply Ockham's Razor to everything. It's primarily applicable to mathematical and scientific theorems. And it's certainly not irrefutable. People act like:

"Occam's Razor, The. End."

Which is the most ignorant assertion. It annoys me so much the way people use it on ATS like it's some kind of thread killing smack down. Or maybe they feel it makes them look smarter or something. But it doesn't.

If one more person says to me "Haven't you ever heard of Occam's Razor" I may just explode. Maybe it's an indication of how little people actually understand it that OCCAM is actually an accepted spelling of the principle even though the guy who came up with it was named William of Ockham.

Sorry, it's a giant pet peeve of mine. Evidenced by my signature...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

I don't have an answer for you, but I suppose since others are sharing their stories, I'll throw mine in here as well. It's long but bear with me.

To preface, I've never felt that anything particularly extraordinary has ever happened to me. My mind isn't in a higher state of elevation or anything like that. No indigo kid. I'm just a regular person.

I am, however, very organized and I rarely lose things. I have a specific order and placement for almost everything of mine. I keep my license, debit and credit cards in the same places in my wallet at all times, I hang my keys on a hook inside the living room door when I get in for the evening. My shoes go in the same place each day, etc.

A few weeks ago I was out of town, visiting two states away. I've mailed things back and forth to the city I was staying, from my current location and it normally takes about 2-5 days for a package or letter to arrive. This is important to the story.

I drove the 6 1/2 hours to my destination and checked into my hotel. I had the room reserved, and to check in I had to give them my credit card as well as my photo identification. I specifically remember handing them all my info so they could check me in. They gave me back my cards as well as room keys and I was off. Once I reached my room I put my things back in their designated areas in my wallet.

I was visiting the city for only 5 days, and on the second to last day I was there I tried to apply for something that required my license. I reached into my wallet to get it and ...it was gone. I couldn't figure out what would have happened to it. I searched my car, and tore the room apart when I got back to find it. It was no where to be found.

I was slightly worried about making the drive back home without my license as it was around a pretty notorious party holiday for the city I was in (St. Patrick's Day) and road checks were everywhere. As soon as I got home I went to the DMV and got a new license as mine was set to expire in about 6 months time anyway. Although I was still confused as to where mine had gone.

Flash forward to around April 2nd. I'm going back to school this fall and needed some financial aid information I had stored away months earlier. I go to our pantry, pull down a large plastic freezer bag, unzip it and start going through my documents. Inside was a small manila envelope that had various things from highschool in it - my senior key, tassle, etc. Lo and behold, there was my license. I sat stunned for several minutes wondering how on earth it would've ended up in this bag.

My mind immediately went to someone playing a prank on me. I'm always onto my family for losing things and being forgetful and I thought "I must have lost my license, someone found it and mailed it to my house and they wanted to hide it from me." I approached them about it and they all had the same astonished reaction to it. They swore they didn't do it, that it hadn't been mailed home at all, and they wouldn't have hidden it from me and allowed me to pay $40.00 to get my new license if it had been a joke. I believe them.

I still don't know how it got in there. But I do know that I had it when I arrived to my destination. I used it to check into the hotel. I didn't have it at least 1 day prior to leaving my location (out of a 5 day trip) and it somehow appeared in an envelope of things that I haven't opened or messed with since HS graduation.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Get some more sleep, get off the drugs

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

And you're a perfect example of why the ignore function should still be in place.

You come to Above Top Secret of all places and promote medication? The pharmaceutical industry has been shown to be nothing but money hungry pigs, time and time again.

Who the hell is promoting medication???

I said to have himself EXAMINED. Please, PLEASE quote the bit where I said word one about medication. YOU brought medication into this, pal, not me.

And just because the OP experienced something that isn't considered "normal" doesn't mean he should be medicated, evaluated or anything else. If the problem persists, and the OP is experiencing things that make him uncomfortable with his reality, then yes he should seek professional help.

Again, only you have talked about medication, friend. The OP has gladly accepted my suggestion to get a psych evaluation. What the hell is your problem?

However, let me remind you, Furbs, that we humans know a whole lot less than we think we do about the nature of the universe. So therefore, it's completely reasonable albeit unlikely that what he experienced was indeed a phenomena of one type or another.

We don't need to know all that much about the universe to know about our own bodies. Hallucinations of the sort that may have been experienced by the OP are serious and should not be left undiagnosed. It isn't reasonable to assume dimensional shift over mental health concerns. In my opinion it is ludicrous to even suggest that sort of thing.

Let me remind you, this is ATS. While I'm sure many appreciate your opinion, your word isn't god here and I think the number of people who agree this may be some type of quantum phenomena outweigh your opinion, in these parts. At least it would of used to.

So? Does a bigger group of people all screaming the same thing make it realer for you?

Point being, don't force your opinion on other people, and please for the love of god don't preach to me about mental health and medications, because I know a whole lot more than you about them. You think those medications are designed to "help" people? No. They're designed to mask the symptom. They do not cure anything.

Here you go pushing your absurd notion that I am somehow wanting this person to start taking meds.

Edit to add:

Excuse me, you weren't promoting medication, but a psychiatric evaluation at which point they usually TRY to get you on some kind of medication, using such techniques as:

"How do you feel?"

"Stressed at times."

"Ok, let's throw you on this this and this."

Seriously? Did you just actually rant about me suggesting medications only to try to buy it all back with an EDIT? Work on your reading comprehension before addressing me in the future, because it is people like you that make this website even harder to navigate with your constant "RANT FIRST THINK LATER" approach.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join