It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUAKE RED ALERT - Brazilian Earthquake Prediction Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A new team of experts working together to predict earthquakes, they look unbiased and trustable at least. According to sources, First they tried to contact the govs in order to share their knowledge and they were ignored, then they were asked to stop releasing info thru twitter, but seems they got that fixed.

We are a Brazilian Earthquake Forecast Studies Team, who developed a powerful triangulation-based algorithm for seism forecasting.

Hello friends and followers of Quake Red Alert,

As we have said in previous post, we are in the process of developing a scientific paper, to ensure the discovery of the method of earthquake prediction.

We are continually working to deliver this item as soon as possible. We are already well advanced and we intend to publish the final version until June this year.

We hope to contribute as best we can to help those nations most in need of this tool.

We are available to governments and institutions that are interested contact us and we provide technical assistance to implement this technology, which makes necessary the best way possible.

We feel very happy for all the support we received during those 11 months of our work, so thank all of you who follow us and believe in the project.

Best wishes,

Quake Red Alert Team

About their leading scientist :

Barchelor in Physics from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (1996), Master of Geodynamics and Geophysics, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (1999) andPh.D. in Geophysics from the University of São Paulo (2003). He is currently adjunct professor at the Seismological Observatory of the University of Brasilia. He has experience in Geosciences with an emphasis on Seismology, acting on the following topics: thicknessof the crust, induced seismicity and natural function of the receptor, statistically and Poisson’s ratio.

quakeredalert.com...
edit on 19-4-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Cool.... so they are a team working on predicting EQ's?

I went to website and didn't find any warning or alert as of right now...so everything is all good, right?

Just making sure I understand the thread and there isn't any alerts.....

Thanks!

Jenn

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

They predicted a moderate quake for Chile by next days.

Also, this part will give you a better idea about them :

The planet has been suffering lately with large impacts and natural disasters. Quake Red Alert is a new tool for forecasting earthquakes. We are a team of researchers led by Aroldo Maciel that after two years of study and research on earthquakes found a way to detect future earthquakes based on data triangulation algorithms.
The QuakeRedAlert is an experimental tool for research, which seeks to base the results with the thesis of the possibility of forecasting earthquakes. We are preparing a paper to be published in scientific circles this year 2012.

(Same source)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I see nothing that gives confidence their methods are working. All it says is "powerful triangulation-based algorithm for seismic forecasting" and that they intend to publish their methods "soon". Anyone who can extract more details from the Portuguese blog tremordeterra.blogspot.com... would be helpful.

This article indicates they've just roiled Costa Rica.

www.insidecostarica.com...

With 150,000 followers to their tweets, and apparently multiple alerts, they're may to do short-term damage from misplaced preparations and stress and long-term damage to the reputation of more reliable scientists in South and Central America.
edit on 19-4-2012 by JohnVidale because: fix grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnVidale

Let's see if their prediction for Chile is confirmed by monday. I really wish (in a good sense), they succeed, we need people without links to govs working on this.

By the way, it's an honor to have Mr. Vidale in my thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
for south america,

"Salfate"

seems to be the big talk of the town as far as correct imminent quake predictors

not sure what/who they actually are,, just seen them on YT right before there actually is a chile/mex/peru/arg quake

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

A successful prediction would indeed be welcome, from any quarter.

I think the Red Alert team is centered at a major university in San Paolo - I think this "Atualmente é professor adjunto do Observatório Sismológico da Universidade de Brasília" means the leader is as established in government as any of us.

It would be reassuring if their team simply and clearly posted their predictions and their success rate, as well as their methods. Until they do, my reaction will remain (as usual) deeply skeptical.

A fun topic to follow, however.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Im sorry... I feel dumb right now. If the answer to my questions below are on the site Im sorry I missed it ...

Where in/on the site does it say anything about predicting a moderate (what mag do they deem moderate) eq for Chili in next few days (did they use exact date)?

Thanks, and I agree with Jon, It would be nice if their team can make it happen but I am skeptical as well. Do they explain the methods they are using in laymen terms?

Sorry if these questions can be answered through the source... I just didn't see any answers....thanks again.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

No problem ! Thanks for your questions.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

For chilean tv, Salfate is sorta Jesse Ventura., talking about conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnVidale
Anyone who can extract more details from the Portuguese blog tremordeterra.blogspot.com... would be helpful.
No more details on that blog, at least from what I could see in a quick looks.

top topics

join