It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Things meant for children that are supposed to be cute but are somehow highly disturbing instead.

page: 3
23
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I discovered this when my son got this same toy. Of course the dirty adult that I am, I tried to make this little caterpiller cuss to see if it would. You can set the switch to say the letter or sound the letter phonetically, and on either setting, it will just laugh at you if you try and make it say something "naughty". In fact, the laugh is almost creepy! But trying anything like the F sound followed by the K sound, and it just laughs. The S sound followed by the H and T sound, it laughs. I would imagine this was discovered in the test group phase and of course, little Johnny (we all know him, right?) made the caterpiller into Eddie Murphy in "Raw"!





posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is one that has been erased from the internet almost completely, due to lots of complaints and the guys wife calling out the lawyers on anyone who posts it to utube.

You will have a bit of a wait to see it as there is an advertisement at the beginning but well worth it if you like shivers.

Link below
www.tagtele.com...
Regards, Iwinder

S&F to the OP.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Years ago a friend - who collects unusual items including toys - showed me a toy and asked me what I thought Children might learn from it.

The toy was a large hippo mouth and the teeth were large and coloured - the game meant putting your fingers inside the mouth and you would be bitten!

She also had a snow cone with baby Jesus and some items I could not begin to describe.

Much Peace...



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


maybe if you figured out how to spell it you might get a bit farther.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Lmao, this is a pretty awesome thread. I used to have these creepy Dinosaur Attack cards when I was young... here's a few...




edit on 19-4-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


maybe if you figured out how to spell it you might get a bit farther.


What are you talking about?



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist


This is a character from Stephen Kings Dark Tower series called Blaine the Mono and is intended to be unsettling.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist
 


That is fear and Loathing Style business my friend!
"All aboard!"



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the character, Jake, briefly discusses how things that are meant for kids are creepy.


edit on 19-4-2012 by ziggypogo because: Same answer in previous post


Actually it is Charlie the Choo Choo from a book Jake was reading
edit on 19-4-2012 by ziggypogo because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggypogo
If I remember correctly, the character, Jake, briefly discusses how things that are meant for kids are creepy.


edit on 19-4-2012 by ziggypogo because: Same answer in previous post


Actually it is Charlie the Choo Choo from a book Jake was reading
edit on 19-4-2012 by ziggypogo because: (no reason given)


You are correct, I was mistaken. That is Charlie the Choo Choo...

Charlie the Choo-Choo was a book purchased by Jake Chambers at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind. It tells the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo and Engineer Bob. In the book, Charlie is very friendly and dependable, yet Charlie's smile is often described as being untrustworthy. Charlie bears many similarities to Blaine the Mono.


Charlie the Choo-Choo

Blaine is a pain, and that is the truth.





edit on 19-4-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: added content



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet:



I still creep out at this guy!



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im a long time Edward Gorey fan. Art and literature thats already dark can take on scary dimensions when children are involved simply because the world is very different... (and often scarier) when viewed through the eyes of a child.





posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


it's embed, not inbed.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


it's embed, not inbed.


Dude, please mellow out. For the sake of your own bloodpressure if nothing else.






posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There are two toys not yet mentioned,but they are only disturbing when they are put together...
They are Elmo and the Cookie monster from sesame street.
One is voice activated,the other tickle activated.
When put together they start behaving in lets just say a somewhat "adult"manner.

Not sure if i'll get slapped for posting it here,so look for it on YT if you fancy.




posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse
 


*spits coffee out*



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist
 


Why does this feel so demonic? funnily,trippy and interesting,im a christian,so im a bit paranoid too watch the whole thing in case its some sort of cult...seriously...



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse
 


That's too funny.



ETA: If they didn't snip the Tarzan vid I posted, this should be OK.





edit on 4/20/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist
 


Oh how I wish I could. Life would be alot simpler if I could, but you have to realize that improper spelling is a sure sign that the poster didn't want to put in the effort into their post, which is the main reason why ATS has gone from a great way to find alternative news to nothing more than a glorified "water hole" for people who have no real business posting in anything other than the Off-Topic forums. You have to admit, if people put just a shred of effort into their posts, ATS would instantly jump up a couple of notches in my book. Grammar and spelling carelessness is actually a very fast way to tell if someone actually knows what they are talking about, or in most cases, that they really don't have a clue what they are talking about or are just too lazy to spell check (which is no excuse, as any misspelled word is underlined in red). The laziness is what really gets under my skin, not lack of intelligence, which is at no fault to the individual.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Leftist
 


Oh how I wish I could. Life would be alot simpler if I could, but you have to realize that improper spelling is a sure sign that the poster didn't want to put in the effort into their post, which is the main reason why ATS has gone from a great way to find alternative news to nothing more than a glorified "water hole" for people who have no real business posting in anything other than the Off-Topic forums. You have to admit, if people put just a shred of effort into their posts, ATS would instantly jump up a couple of notches in my book. Grammar and spelling carelessness is actually a very fast way to tell if someone actually knows what they are talking about, or in most cases, that they really don't have a clue what they are talking about or are just too lazy to spell check (which is no excuse, as any misspelled word is underlined in red). The laziness is what really gets under my skin, not lack of intelligence, which is at no fault to the individual.


A lot. Two words. The use of paragraphs would really increase the read-ability of your post as well.

hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au...





top topics



 
23
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join