It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird youve probably experienced but havent asked about..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
When I close my eyes to sleep I can see like a flouro ring come from the outer radius of my vision , and in one motion it will become a smaller and smaller o shape until it becomes nothing and a new ring begins to emerge from the outer ring...

Ten times better than counting sheep,

And I know im very awake and concious when seeing this...mind visualiser if you will. Anyone able to provide insight to what is causing this?

Anyone else have a story like this?
edit on 19-4-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Nope, don't even know what a flouro ring is. I read usually, till I can't keep my eyes open and drop of into

the land of Nod.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Everyone gets them, or at least pretty much everyone. They're called closed eye hallucinations

Closed-eye hallucinations and closed-eye visualizations (CEV) are a distinct class of hallucination. These types of hallucinations generally only occur when one's eyes are closed or when one is in a darkened room. They are a form of phosphene.

Some mental control can be exerted over these closed-eye visualizations, but it usually requires a bit of relaxation and concentration to achieve. When properly relaxed it is possible to cause regions of intense black, bright white or even colors such as yellow, green, or pink to appear in the noise. These regions can span the entire visual field, but seem to be fleeting in nature.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I know what your talking about as I experience this as well, to me it sorta looks like an eyes iris, I always thought it was me somehow seeing my eye LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm sure what you're seeing is the imprint of your physical eyes!
You can probably test this by closing your eyes, apply pressure by pushing your palms against your eyes for a few minutes and you should see this "golden ring" of sorts. I could be wrong here but that's what I rekon!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I can look straight into the clear blue sky and i can see seamonkey like things swimming on my eyeball.

what is that?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Used to play around with this as a kid and try to control them. Sometimes like Iknowstuff said it's almost like looking back at your eye, most times though I'd get definite flashing and receding multicoloured shapes. Just like this actually. Well minus the electrocution and death anyway.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
if i close my eyes long enuff i see a violet turn yellow pulse. u r looking at the third eye chakra working.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If I rub my eyes hard enough, I see spots...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

dude! Star and flag! I get this when I take a shower. I close my eyes and these flourescent like rings start moving.. I equate it to like, moving backwards in a tunnel. The rings are smaller and almost move away from your vision until the center disappears and its just blob and vanishes. By then theres another one. Insane man! Awesome! Eta- its true you can control it.. But only in the sense that you can see past the color and see something. I could never figure it out.. But since I often do this while I shower, what I eventually see never changes. But I havent really done it anywhere else.. So I dont know if it would change with locality, but I could not manipulate the imagery of what I could see past the colors moving. Crazy experience. Btw, if you hold your hands gently against your eyes, as a baby or fetus would, you can create this experience.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
hypnogigic hallucinations.

That is all it is. Good thing to try is to allow these shapes and pictures to develop and see where they go. Let go of trying to control them, and just watch. I get them when I shut my eyes, as do many other people. Some people it only comes when they're falling asleep. Andthis is 100% normal. I blame it happeneing whenever I shut my eyes on my time spent as a youth, off me nut. I still get open eye visuals sometimes. (mild hhpd I have) But the bright flourescent visuals are awesome. Reminds me of times of yonder

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nice info.

Mods will probably delete this but in my youth when I experimented with different hallucinogens I found myself spending far to much time staring into nothing, looking at the noise patterns. In some cases the best way I could describe it would be fractals and Spirograph mixed together, but animated.

i can still sometimes see hints of it, obviously nothing like when under the influence, but it has influenced my art style. In fact, recently when showing some of my drawings to some friends one commented that it reminded him of stuff he saw on acid.

Anyways, this never helped me to sleep, at all, in fact it kept me awake longer and almost became a game of sorts as the harder you try to concentrate in a single area, the less defined that area becomes.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
when I was a kid, I would always just assume maybe it was the veins in my eyelids or brain.
now it's like dimethyltryptamines on demand!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
personally..and i didnt know if it was just me
but..I have always experienced this....sometimes it just appears as a reflection of my iris,
othertimes it manifests itself into an image of;something'
abd when it does..it is 'amazing'
the way to do it is not focusing on the first image you 'see'
rather look to the side of it...and behold the image that appears because its uasually quite ....unexpected.
the colours vary ..usually black...and another prime type colour
just my experience dudes..and dudesses

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
When I close my eyes to sleep I can see like a flouro ring come from the outer radius of my vision , and in one motion it will become a smaller and smaller o shape until it becomes nothing and a new ring begins to emerge from the outer ring...

Ten times better than counting sheep,

And I know im very awake and concious when seeing this...mind visualiser if you will. Anyone able to provide insight to what is causing this?

Anyone else have a story like this?
edit on 19-4-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

Yes, I see it too. Probably blood flowing to our retina sensors and creating that effects, a bit like the horizontal color bands that flows in a cheap TV.

new topics

top topics

join