It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS = CIA BS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So this morning the board is going crazy with a supposed video from anonymous claiming that ATS is a CIA funded or monitored site.

These type of things pop up every now and again, and to be honest is getting a bit tiresome.

I have raised my opinions regarding this in other threads. As I have stated in other posts regarding this issue, there is a big problem in trying to discuss this properly.

The fact is, there will be two sides, those that believe this, and those that does not. We can even say another side exists, and that is the side of the people who are basically slandered in that video.

I managed to watch the vid, (without sound, I must admit), and IMO, it seemed like a disgruntled person might have made it, in an attempt to garner some attention.

I have not seen enough evidence in that video, to confirm it for me that ATS is indeed a CIA operated site. Therefore I give them the benefit of doubt.

Now, there are guys posting about this, questioning things, which, I have no problem with. The problem comes in, when things start getting a bit personal.

All I want is to see some rationality, and some logical thinking transpire for a bit, and putting down the conspiracy hats for a little while. I feel this issue was maybe blown out of proportion. The fact that there is already a huge thread dedicated to this issue, should be a sign, that the mods, are taking it seriously.

In the end they are only trying to protect its members, and that is as it should be.

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Linky link pls!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You mean you did not see the muliple (maybe over 10) threads about the video from supposedly anonymous?

I can direct you to the thread discussing it in depth at this moment though.

Draw your own conclusions after reading a couple of the last pages mate.

ETA: Nevermind, see someone linked the video again, and if will get removed again. If you really want to see the vid, google it. Just don't link it, it is not allowed, since it is in breach of Tand C's, and rightfully so.

vvv
edit on 19-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I don't think that it's the actual Anon.

I have seen some misspellings though. If someone is going to claim something, use spell-check!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

yea the real anon has alot of YTs racked up not just 15ish

the voice part was kinda convincing.

what software do they use,

Dragon?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Am starting to wonder if the CIA have infiltrated both Anonymous and this place, and they're going to have a "war" which will conveniently see this place taken down and all the information with it.

The problem is that they keep closing the threads, if they'd just left the first thread it would've been the most sensible option, the more they lock and delete things the more people will think something's happening.

Just backed up about 30+ pages of threads incase my worst fears are true. I'm not losing all the info around here.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This thread will soon be closed like the other 8-12 that have been already closed today

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I have not seen the video that you indicate seems to be making rounds. I tried a quick Google search, but, nothing seemingly relevant popped up.

In my opinion, I would propose that any anti-ATS rhetoric is coming from disenfranchised former users.

If there is indeed such a video, I'm sure it will only give ATS free advertising. Any publicity especially if it's free, is usually good publicity.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Am starting to wonder if the CIA have infiltrated both Anonymous and this place, and they're going to have a "war" which will conveniently see this place taken down and all the information with it.

could be, its been an awful long time since the last recap (though they were upgrading to state of the art equp)...

hows disclose.tv doin?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You mean you did not see the muliple (maybe over 10) threads about the video from supposedly anonymous?

I can direct you to the thread discussing it in depth at this moment though.

Draw your own conclusions after reading a couple of the last pages mate.

ETA: Nevermind, see someone linked the video again, and if will get removed again. If you really want to see the vid, google it. Just don't link it, it is not allowed, since it is in breach of Tand C's, and rightfully so.

vvv
edit on 19-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

Nope mate... I just woke up - 1030 in europe.

Btw whos moderating this thread? Y U NO HAVE SENSE OF HUMOR?
I wanted to see the video

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'd like to see this thread closed or deleted into the abyss, considering that's what mods have done to those who disagree with them. This thread could be applied to the current thread discussing the matter.

link   
Even it it was from the "real" ANON it doesn't give it any more credibility.
What are they ? - a bunch of teenagers who can shut down website traffic occasionally
None of their big announcements or reveals have ever amounted to much, in fact all they will end up doing is making net policing and privacy worse for the rest of us if anything at all.

If you're happy reading and posting on ATS that's fine, if you don't like it then don't join in - seems pretty simple to me.

link   
I admit I was a little skeptical about signing up to ATS (new member here). I just knew someone would be knocking on my door before too long with exceptionally stylish black sunglasses. But, what would the CIA really gain from monitoring this site? If anybody was pouring over my posts, they'd be pretty bored and find that their time was wasted. That goes for anybody reading this haha.

I can't speak for everybody. There are some great posters and members on this site that are dedicated to getting the truth to the masses. That's why I joined. I guess I just don't see what the CIA would get out of it. I always thought us conspiracy theorists were just left to our own devices and ignored by the mainstream anyway.

And no, I am not a disinfo agent!
edit on 19-4-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yes, however, in this case, members were mentioned in the video.

That is a breach of T and C's therefore the video is deleted as soon as it is upload on ATS.

I do however see your point. Publicity cannot be bought.

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Its on Youtube. Iam not going to post the link again I already have in earlier posts.

link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

yea the real anon has alot of YTs racked up not just 15ish

the voice part was kinda convincing.

what software do they use,

Dragon?

Microsoft Text To Speech. Built right in. You need to be an excellent hacker to use it however.

VVV, I'm with you 100% on this, which is kinda rare for us to be in agreement like that
I can only hope that your rational thread and concise reasoning allows this thread to remain, and not fall over due to wellingtons posting the video again, after it's been stated time and time again, it's a breach of the T&C.

link   
reply to post by robhines

I think the mods are sick and tired of people starting threads without first conducting a search.

That is the most likely reason why they're shutting down these duplicate threads!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The video is banned from being posted. Therefore I am not allowed to post it.

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join