It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Prayer Rug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think I just got a christian chain letter!
I remember as a kid getting real chain letters in the mail long before email.
They all were for good luck, some were trying to sell something, some were just to scare people.
I haven't seen one since well Jr. High maybe.

Today I got an envelope with April 2012 on the outside and prayers on the envelope with key words under lined.

Contents of envelope:
Explanation with an area to mark your prayer needs.
An insert explaining the good fortune of someone who followed the contents of the envelope.
Postage paid return envelope.
Prayer mat(large folded paper) with the image of Jesus on it and instructions.
Sealed letter with instructions not to open until certain things are met(I didn't read the do not open until I opened it, wasn't paying attention).

Warning on outside of sealed paper.
Important- Only break open this sealed prophecy after you have put this Church Prayer Rug and your prayer requests back in the mail to this 61-year-old church ministry.
If for any reason you are not going to return this Church Prayer Rug, then this sacred prophecy must be destroyed, unopened and unread, because this is a sacred, spiritual prophecy, sealed word, concerning you and your future. Remember the Bible says,
"let your requests be made known unto God" Phillippians 4:6

I bolded the words they had in red/bold and Italics the word God because they had it faded not as dark as the black ink.

I understand that they are trying to solicit a donation, but the whole thing strikes me as odd.
I've never heard of a Christian chain letter.
The whole changing the color of words makes sense to draw my attention, but it seems random so I wonder if they were trying something subliminal.

The church is St. Matthew's Churches based in Tulsa Oklahoma.

The pictures are too big to host on the ATS site so I am putting up Photobucket links.

So is anyone else getting religious chain letters, actual physical touchable letters in the mail?
What is with all the random underlining?
Has anyone heard of this church before?
Is this a real church, just finding a novel way to solicit donations?

So many questions, and I figured some on hear might find this interesting or get a kick out of it.
Heck if this gives someone peace reading the pictures good for you.
If this just annoys you that someone would send a religious chain letter good for you too.
I will be blocking off the address on the pictures since I'm not sure if I am allowed to post them for legal reasons.

More pictures to follow after this post(still scanning them in and editing out the address.)

i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here are all the pictures of the contents of this chain letter.

I forgot to scan the return envelope.
It says THIS IS THE NEXT MORNING in all caps and bold.

i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...
i12.photobucket.com...

I look forward to the various replies to this be they anger, bemusement, saying it's a good thing whatever.
I think the discussion this can generate might be very interesting.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Why are you always surprised when people do things or people fall for things the Bible said they would 2000 years ago?

On False Teachers:

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." 2 Peter 2:3

On False Brothers:

"For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people." Romans 16;18

"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God." 2 Cor. 2:17

JESUS: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I know the Bible mentions false profits and such.

I guess I'm just shocked because I've never seen a religious chain letter.

I also wanted to see if others have seen this, or anything like it.

I thought the age of physical chain letters was dead.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Nope, as long as a buck can be made off of fools they'll always be around. Just remember when you hear these absurd stories, or stories of priests molesting people, or anything against what Jesus instructed of us that He warned repeatedly to beware of this and to be as shrewd as serpents, innocent as lambs.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I received one of these Jesus prayer rug scam letters today. Being a Christian, a part of me wants to follow the instructions but I don't intend to send them any money. I also have never seen anything like this. It's definitely a scam to make money and it's just weird.

new topics

top topics

join