posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Kitsunegari
I can't stand the thought of humanity ever facing that again. Neither should anyone else, if we hope to avoid it.
We're still facing it...every single day that goes by...somewhere in the world...genocide is taking
I got a list there, titled "Countries at risk of genocide, politicide, or mass atrocities", from February 2012, that included countries experiencing
what they call 'current massacres.' Here is that section of the list, with the first part being WHERE, the second being the victim, and the last
being the ones committing the genocide against the victims.
- DR Congo|Women, civilians, Congo Tutsis|Ex-Rwandan genocidists, mineral
- Sudan|Darfurese, Abyei, Nuba|Sudan army, Arab militias
- Eastern Congo, Sudan, Uganda|Civilians, women, children|Lord’s Resistance Army
- Syria|Pro-democracy protesters|Assad, Alawite loyalists; army
- Somalia|Opposing clans|Al Shabaab
- Afghanistan|Gov’t supporters|Taliban, Al Queda
- Pakistan|Gov’t supporters|Taliban, Al Queda
- North Korea|Gov’t opponents|Korean Army
- Burma/Myanmar|Shan, Kachin, Karen, Rohinga, democrats|Burmese Army
- Ethiopia|Gov’t opponents|Tigrean Army
10 on that list?!?!
Egad. It's way worse than anything that happened during the REAL holocaust...which was the whole of both World Wars...imo, that is...after
all...holocaust means something like firestorm, right?
Everyone in the world, just about, suffered and lost during WWI and WWII.
If it was such a big deal to the people now begging remembrance every year...why are there 10 genocides going on right now, today?
Why not do all they can to try to stop others from suffering the same fate rather than stirring up trouble in their neighborhood?
Why not any of us, the same thing?
GOD told them in the OT to love their neighbor as themselves...long before Jesus told the rest of us.
I'm not finding fault but rather just trying to put this in perspective for everyone. If it was so horrible...then it is even more horrible now
because WE OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER...but still...we just look away or say there is nothing we can do about it...but yet we should have done something
Can you dig what I'm saying? Anyone?