It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India test fires nuclear-capable missile that can reach China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just to add to my previous post India has official "No First Use" policy which means India will not launch nukes unless it is attacked. This is a more sensible approach and even you cannot deny it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

China which is again nuclear capable and has suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons.

Really Now? China has suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons Excuse me but could you tell me whose in control in all of Asia at the moment?

Actually let me show you a map.

Yeah looks like China is again portrayed is with a suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons.

And i can easily say the same thing for America, America has a suspicious agenda in Asia and middle east which is they are sending Sen John McCain to greet the opposition members and do a little photo OP once his done with that.

He goes back acting all war hawkish, as with the protests in libya of Feb 17 or 18 maybe you could explain why there was a protest that perfectly read.

Oil For The West and when i saw that, it pretty much became clear on what the uprising in libya was all about.

And heres that image.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
So Id like to present to you another possible contender for the title after WW3.... India

I agree with everything you said except this. India will never attack another country unless it is attacked. I dont think incase of WW3 if India is not attacked India will just takes sides and attack a country with either US, Russia or China. Why should India waste it's soldiers and money when it's not affecting India and it's not been attacked?

See here's the thing from what I understand India, why mess with others when they dont mess with you. And that sounds more sensible to be than anyother bull# political rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

For that very reason is why they will come out on top. While everyone is fighting around them they can wait and emerge as the top economic and military power. However, I don't think if nukes are flying in the region India is just going to sit back, someone will get them in whether its a false flag attack or real attack from Pakistan or just fallout from China, noway they come out unscathed. Especially if China gets crippled you think India can resist the temptation to get back Arunachal Pradesh?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

I think if USA and Russia alone are throwing nukes at each other (nevermind anybody else), it's nuclear winter and gameover for everyone. No one comes out on top after that. Bear that in mind, this isn't a computer game.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

China which is again nuclear capable and has suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons.

Really Now? China has suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons Excuse me but could you tell me whose in control in all of Asia at the moment?

Yeah looks like China is again portrayed is with a suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons.

And i can easily say the same thing for America, America has a suspicious agenda in Asia and middle east which is they are sending Sen John McCain to greet the opposition members and do a little photo OP once his done with that.

He goes back acting all war hawkish, as with the protests in libya of Feb 17 or 18 maybe you could explain why there was a protest that perfectly read.

Oil For The West and when i saw that, it pretty much became clear on what the uprising in libya was all about.

And heres that image.

If you have followed any politics between India and USA you will know USA has always undermined India. US even sanctioned India when India first tested it's nuclear bomb and US even actively funded and supported Pakistan when terrorist attacks were happening on daily basis on India soil from Pakistan and that is no secret.

At the moment India and China are in a race to increase economic influence in Asia by buying oil, resources and establishing economic standpoints in countries like Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka etc etc (most of Asia). China has been supporting Pakistan with funds and technology which further funds terrorists to attack India and undermine India's growth. China has the capability to attack India and India is stepping up to the plate with a deterrence.

In short words China is the rising superpower in Asia and India wants to level the playing field.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
good maybe
\they will grow a back
bone and use it on
them commies.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

If your map is accurate and if US is indeed proposing a base on Indian soil rest assured I'd be the first one on the front lines and oppose it by any means I can. I will send my unborn child to oppose it until me and him dies. We will never accept a base on our soil of any country.

We have suffered 200 years of slavery and occupation by England and we will never let that happen again.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Here are some articles for you.

Source

And a long one.

Source FP

The future of politics will be decided in Asia, not Afghanistan or Iraq, and the United States will be right at the center of the action.

Oh and i have been following politics since 2006 and 2005, the Iraqi war and digging into the Balkan wars.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can't remember the US or Russia detonating a nuclear device in a test in my adult lifetime. I do however recall France detonating a couple about a decade or so ago.

India has a space program capable of putting satellite in orbit. India has two nuclear armed neighbors, Pakistan and China. I can't blame them for keeping an updated deterrent. They've had nukes since the 70's, and unlike Pakistan and North Korea you don't see their scientists being recruited or compromised by nations seeking nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx

However, I don't think if nukes are flying in the region India is just going to sit back, someone will get them in whether its a false flag attack or real attack from Pakistan or just fallout from China, noway they come out unscathed. Especially if China gets crippled you think India can resist the temptation to get back Arunachal Pradesh?

I once read somewhere that you can tell where the uranium is mined, generated and processed. If India is indeed attacked by nuclear weapon the scientist can figure out where the nuke was actually made and who actually attacked India. You can bet your arse that India will never interfere in other countries affairs if it's not attacked regardless of the past. India was defeated by China in the war but this might never have been reported by the media but there was a movement after the war called "Hindi -Cheenee bhai-bhai" which means "Indians - Chinese brothers brothers". Indians respect the China's economical growth and we want to grow ourselves too.

India just wants to grow economically and wants it's people to progress. India wants the people to be educated and live a good life just like it happens in UK/ US / Sweden. We are trying to improve and I agree there are a lot of bad apples but I know we will overcome them in coming few years. India wants the country to progress irrespective what is happening around the world and who is attacking whom. I know my politicians and the policies of my country because I have a relative in Indian politics on a very high rank and because I live here.

I love India irrespective of it's faults and I will lay my life for the country and I'm sure my unborn kid will feel the same way too. I am planning to put him/ her in the army school and army life. I know there are several million of people in India who feel the same way. I remember when I was working in hotel (Oberoi's) and there was a war (Kargil war) going with Pakistan during our lunch break the cafeteria was full of people counting how many Indian soldiers have died

I didn't understood that electricity back then but I understand it now. We didn't cared who has what (race, religion or position) what we cared was for our country and many people leaving their jobs just to join the war and support our troops. I dont say that I'm fit (age and physically) to be a soldier now but I will lay my life for my country any given day and there are millions of people who feel the same way. I remember that seeing that war on news in cafeteria and know now. And imagine in every household and every organisation there will be millions of people feeling the same. We will never let any nuclear attack happen or allow any countries base on our land. But we will never attack like lunatics but with purpose and sensibility. We have the greatest warrior on this planet the Sikhs and the Gurkhas ( search about them on google). No special ops team can beat our spirit.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I agree and I don't doubt the pride in your nation nor the fighters of your nation. I love my country as well despite my evil government. I will not however, lay down my life unless there is an invasion. I don't think there would be time to investigate where the proper origin of the attack comes form especially if its a genuine attack. When the world is at war around you i highly doubt they would have the time to get a team together and try to do a thorough investigation on the uranium fallout in the midst of battle.

The Tiger, Bear, Dragon and Eagle will get into eventually. I feel its inevitable. There is no strong peaceable movement to counter the despair , the selfishness, the consumerism, and materialism. Although you speak as if your nation would be calm and considering, they need not launch this missile to begin with. They knew full well what it would mean right around the time NK tries and fails they decide to put up a new long range missile test and show their success.

It was a message. Message received.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

..China's their neighbor .. is this supposed to be some kind of amazing feat?

They've also got a space program capable of launching satellites into orbit.. not a far cry from launching a sat to launching a nuke (which they have)

Captain Obvious was about to say "India borders China" but you seem to have beat him to it. I suppose this might be of some interest to China but I am more worried about those pesky Canadians. I learned a lot about them in school, as a matter of fact when I studied Canadian history I got an EH.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
india fires a real superweapon and this is okay, north koreas looking to go ballistic, but the bad guy is iran. i don't like this

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Canadians. I learned a lot about them in school, as a matter of fact when I studied Canadian history I got an EH.

I find that little offensive

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I used to live just a little way south of the border from Winnipeg, still have friends there. As a matter of fact my podiatrist is Canadian, I went to him the other day and told him I'd been having sharp pains in my foot. I didn't think much to his advice though, he just looked at me quizzically and said "wear a boot"...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Don't get us wrong, we're not criticizing India. It's just that if for example, Pakistan had tested this missile, there would be an uproar. Zardari has also implemented a "no first use" policy and tried to improve relations with India, so why should there be an uproar if Pakistan does it and not India?
edit on 19/4/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wonder why my thread got closed and it was the first one posted about the launch but yet this one stays open?? Mods??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel a bit cheated!
edit on 19-4-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why is international aid being given to India still. Instead of spening money on nuclear weapons, and the like surely it should be spending it on sorting out the massive poverty problems that exist in India. When I saw the headlines today I was sickend. Slumdog Millionare anyone?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

..China's their neighbor .. is this supposed to be some kind of amazing feat?

They've also got a space program capable of launching satellites into orbit.. not a far cry from launching a sat to launching a nuke (which they have)

Captain Obvious was about to say "India borders China" but you seem to have beat him to it. I suppose this might be of some interest to China but I am more worried about those pesky Canadians. I learned a lot about them in school, as a matter of fact when I studied Canadian history I got an EH.

Can you explain exactly why you are worried about us canadians, I am ex military and as far as I know, we are still mainly peackeepers....I have been in Afghanistan in 2004 on tour and we were patrolling and handing school supplies to children. 0 combat at all at that time.

Yes we have a very well trained military but our numbers are not the highest and we don't even own nukes.....The US has more soldiers in 1 base than we have in the entire army (Just comparing 68250 men & women versus the US's 1 477 896). SOURCE

Just wondering why EH!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join