It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India test fires nuclear-capable missile that can reach China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

India test fires nuclear-capable missile that can reach China

news.nationalpost.com

India successfully test-fired on Thursday a nuclear-capable missile that can reach Beijing and Eastern Europe, thrusting the emerging Asian power into an small club of nations with intercontinental nuclear weapons capabilities.

On Wednesday, NATO said it did not consider India a threat. The U.S. State Department said India’s non-proliferation record was “solid”, while urging restraint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
in.reuters.com
www.cbc.ca

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What a load of hypocrisy and double standards, no one is in arms over this one it seems as quoted below here.

(NATO said it did not consider India a threat. The U.S. State Department said India’s non-proliferation record was “solid”)

Sure not a threat! yeah right NATO, India has just lunched a nuclear-capable missile that can reach China and Eastern Europe.

If anyone doesn't know, Eastern Europe European countries are parts of former Russian states as Poland.

And yes even capable targeting the Balkans. Yet NATO claims its not a threat Not even a beep from mainstream news media outlets like CNN or BBC hypocrisy right there.

Since India has lunched a nuclear-capable missile that can reach China does that mean we are getting closer to a world war?

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What a Shame on The mainstream Media news outlets for not reporting this!
i feel disgusted right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
north korea can't, india free..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here's an ironic story, when you consider the recent North Korea fiasco:

(BBC) India has successfully launched a long-range intercontinental ballistic missile able to carry a nuclear warhead, officials say.

The Agni-V missile was launched from a site off India's east coast and took 20 minutes to hit its target somewhere near Indonesia in the Indian Ocean.

The missile has a range of more than 5,000km (3,100 miles), potentially bringing targets in China within range.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Double standards? It's okay for India to do it, but not for North Korea?

If it is confirmed as a successful test, India would join an elite nuclear club of China, Russia, France, the US and UK which have such long-range missiles. Israel is also thought to possess them.

www.bbc.co.uk...

WTF!!!!!!!! We have an 'elite nuclear club' on this planet?? Wy do we need an elite nuclear club? Oh I get it, they are the bullies on the school playground!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The world has just become a more dangerous place for all of us.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

WTF!!!!!!!! We have an 'elite nuclear club' on this planet?? Wy do we need an elite nuclear club? Oh I get it, they are the bullies on the school playground!!

Too funny.

I know that India went full-bore bullying Australia to sell uranium to them. The trolls on You Tube were threatening to nuke us and promising pay back whatever it takes because India isn't a party to the relevant treaty.

Don't care for comparisons to NK. They will get nuked the way they are headed. What will the apologists say then?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What message does this send to countries like NK
And Iran?

"You play by our rules or you don't play at all"

Or "hipocrisy is official policy now".

It's BS in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

..China's their neighbor .. is this supposed to be some kind of amazing feat?

They've also got a space program capable of launching satellites into orbit.. not a far cry from launching a sat to launching a nuke (which they have)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh yes, just what the world needs. Another piece of technology that can be used to maim and destroy. I thought we were going to run out.

Forget cheaper or cleaner sources of energy, food production or water purification; India don't need that. They have that rocket. They can clearly do anything now.

I'm not that impressed and no longer surprised. I'll bet anyone dollars to donuts that Pakistan is going to do something with missiles next.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
What a Shame on The mainstream Media news outlets for not reporting this!
i feel disgusted right now.

It's on the BBC; videos, analysis and all.

Originally posted by cheesy
north korea can't, india free..

India is not noted for its continual threatening behaviour et al, unlike North Korea and its ilk.

The reason why NATO and the West is not overly worried is that India is governed in a different way to North Korea and (say) Iran. India is a democracy, so has the rudimentary transparent checks and balances in place, whereas other nations who scramble for ICBM capability - such as North Korea, do not.

Regards

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by chemistry

Too funny.

I know that India went full-bore bullying Australia to sell uranium to them. The trolls on You Tube were threatening to nuke us and promising pay back whatever it takes because India isn't a party to the relevant treaty.

Don't care for comparisons to NK. They will get nuked the way they are headed. What will the apologists say then?

Could you please give more information about the bullying part, was not aware of this.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

india has possessed atomic weapons scince the mid 70`s , and despite haveing manned bomber squadrons and shoprt range missiles [ that can alread hit swaths of china , and much of the middle east ] pluss newer submarine systems that could if undetedcted strike chinas eastern seaboard

they have never used them in anger

N korea , OTOH uses south korean inhabited islands as ranges for convetional artillery , sunk a SKN vessel in international waters etc etc

i doubt that ayone who now comes in range of this new missile will be in the least but alarmed

why should they be ?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

india has possessed atomic weapons scince the mid 70`s , and despite haveing manned bomber squadrons and shoprt range missiles [ that can alread hit swaths of china , and much of the middle east ] pluss newer submarine systems that could if undetedcted strike chinas eastern seaboard

they have never used them in anger

N korea , OTOH uses south korean inhabited islands as ranges for convetional artillery , sunk a SKN vessel in international waters etc etc

i doubt that ayone who now comes in range of this new missile will be in the least but alarmed

why should they be ?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
lie everywhere in so called "free" mass media

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wow, I find in amusing, all the people on here going mad that India, of all nations have, have made a long range missile.

Incase you all have forgotten, they already have nuclear bombs. Not as many as USA, Russia, Uk or France though.

Tell me again, how many wars these past 15 years (since India aquired the nuke) have they started? Can anyone tell me how many wars since 1944 the USA has started? Just a reminder, that despite the world being full of military despots and madmen, only one nation has ever used the nuke in war. Who were they again?

If their are any hypocrites cited in this thread, it's yourselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Only U.S and Russia can test nukes because.... I dunno...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is the result of BRIC.

India, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with China, is asserting itself as force to be contended with and emphasizing that China is not the only BRIC country with nuclear capabilities. Perhaps just as importantly, by the capacity to reach China, India is demonstrating the mutual trust within BRIC.

Their move undermines the US/Israel/UK entity by demonstrating to the world its hypocrisy which allows certain countries, which don't produce oil, to have nukes.

Militarily and politically, it was brilliant.
edit on 4/19/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just so you know, India is not a US/EU/NATO ally. India is non-aligned i.e, neutral country and has a foreign policy which is somewhat similar to Switzerland (a neutral one). That does not mean however, India is at bad terms with US/UK or Nato. India has good relations with US, UK, Israel and at the same time with Iran. Please consider all these facts before you go on berating it.

Considering the fact India shares border with the most dangerous country of the world Pakistan(home for the world terrorists) which is nuclear capable and China which is again nuclear capable and has suspicious agenda in Asia this was important for India due to strategic reasons.

Maybe you dont remember but India has shown it is a responsible nuclear power. Even after India's parliament was attacked by terrorists from Pakistan and Mumbai Taj hotel attack happened with Pakistan involvement India did not just go ahead and nuke Pakistan for it. This shows sincerity and responsible behaviour and a serious approach.

On the topic of Iran, India has always supported Iran for nuclear power energy which is what Iran states and India has been pressurised by none else but US to stop supporting Iran from last couple of years. Iran has been a long trading partner for India and India respects Irans's struggle to gain nuclear power energy status. As far as I know India has no say in North Korea and the news of North Korea has never been discussed in Indian politics. Why should India get in North Korea's business when it doesn't affect India?
edit on 19-4-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
India doesn't threaten its neighbors, hasn't sunk any ships or bombed any islands. They also didn't sign a treaty for food and aid stating they wouldn't do any missile tests. Mainstream media is also reporting on this as I saw it on CNN. So none of its hypocritical.

India is right behind China in terms of military strength and had an aircraft carrier before them. They do not like China and fought a war with them in 1962. Russia and the US both supply tech and arms to India specifically to counter China. This missile test is a message to China that they are closing the gap. India also has a massive population and millions of active and reserve military personnel

When SHTF and China, Russia, and the US are all throwing the kitchen sink at one another. Beware of those lying in wait.

So Id like to present to you another possible contender for the title after WW3.... India

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join