It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happened to the thread talking about ATS as a DOD shill?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have been here for awhile, posted many comments and authored many threads but have never seen a thread disappear so fast in mere seconds by my count. I was getting ready to post and *poof*... gone!

We all know that we are here to deny ignorance but is ATS allowing us the opportunity to do so?

I was defending this site and didn't even get a chance to do so in my oh so eloquent fashion...

What happened? Was the poster full of BS in their claim or...?

C'mon ATS...Let us either prove or deny the accusations. Many of us will stand behind you. That's why we're here.

I ask the OP to re-post here so that we can discuss the accusations that ATS shut down so quickly without a chance of input from us...the members. You had some links and a vid that I didn't even have a chance to view. Please post again and let's discuss the issue of denying ignorance.

ETA: I found the vid and will say as in my post to the original thread, I don't believe this is from anon. I think this is a fake that is produced from outside of ATS in order to discredit us in our search for the truth.

[SNIP]

Peace

edit on 19-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Don't edit mod edits. And we're still not going to give a banned member a soap box here on ATS.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Even this thread will be closed.......Censure everything my friend.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Happened to me too.

Sorry Jude.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This thread too may be deleted. They're trying to hide the claim. An idea cannot be deleted.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The Origins of COINTELPRO Rumors

Nearly three years ago, another conspiracy-centric website published a derivative work of one of our popular 9/11 threads. While this was in direct conflict with our clearly-linked Creative Commons usage guidelines, we requested that they simply link back, and give credit to, the original thread on ATS. They refused, and "flew off the handle" with a flurry of baseless accusations that were apparently inspired by this joke post: ATS IP Traces to CIA.

The "IP's" in the clearly labeled April Fools post were listed as 213.206.128, 213.206.129, 213.206.130. First, never mind that, at the time, an actual traceroute to abovetopsecret.com would give you the IP of 66.98.176.42, in reality the stated IP's are not IP's at all, they're class-C ranges, which resolve to:
213.206.128.0-255 -- Sprintlink UK
213.206.129.0-255 -- Sprintlink UK
213.206.130.0-255 -- Sprintlink UK
Clearly, fact-checking is non-existent for those who would like to cast aspersions in our direction. However, that joke post (with April Fools indication removed) has been used hundreds of times by dozens of people as "proof" of our nefarious origins and resulting inspiration of COINTELPRO madness.

Source: Post by SkepticOverlord

A guy is buttmad because his disproven hoax information was deleted. He's now spamming ATS with threads about it in retaliation.

EDIT: The threads are gone now.
edit on 4/19/2012 by SonicInfinity because: Added edit

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
what about the member who posted it? is he still around?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Ok, but this thread, the poster did nothing entirely wrong, and if this thread is deleted there is something going wrong obvously.

And I don't trust just anyone here anymore to be telling truth. Although maybe it's not true, it's a little weird EVERYTHING is deleted on this forums.
edit on 19-4-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow that was quick..I knew it would get removed but not at the speed of sound

PS. don't be surprised if it happens again. I don't think they liked the video

edit on 19-4-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: I've got a lov-e-ly bunch of coconuts, deed-a-lee-dee

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Not rumors. Skeptic made a post about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Contradicts what you are saying.

link   
What's the harm in leaving it open to discussion? I mean if it isn't true why not defend yourself? I know I would!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wow...that was fast.

link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Not for long I'm sure!

link   
Lots of threads ended up in trash within a few seconds. Mods being overactive.

link   
You know that's funny OP, I noticed the same thing. Thanks for bringing it back. Unreal.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Seriously, mods, how do some retarded blatantly false outlandish threads stay active forever, but this interesting one get deleted so fast??

Stop deleting threads like that, let there be a discussion, as long as people are being civil, let it be.

link   
I watched the video then went to post and got 404'd. Makes you think a little

link   
When was the video made?

When were the supposed comments made that debunk the video?
edit on 19-4-2012 by Th0r because: time?

link   
im with you jude.

the OP tried to post it the right way and got shot down.

i would be pissed to. not just close the thread but to remove it.

you got a little dirt on your face there ats...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
Wow...that was fast.

Your telling me.. I was just about to post, went to log in.. Gone!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The posts being deleted that fast just ads to the suspicion about ATS being CIA front. After seeing the threads being deleted did some searching on google and YouTube. Would definitely recommend John Lears video talking about the same thing and why he got banned. The whole things just fishy!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join