It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56
By Terence P. Jeffrey
April 18, 2012

Well he did it !!

And most of the debt has been added without detailed explanations. Just cheap talk with an expensive price tag.

Do we really know for sure Who got all the extra money ?

And all this Without really benefiting the majority of American citizens either

It's all been chickenfeed for most people.

Vote for Obama 2012 !!

(CNSNews.com)- In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.

During the full eight years that George W. Bush served as president, the federal government's debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44. (Rising from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.08.)

The $5,027,761,476,484.56 that the debt has increased during Obama's presidency equals $16,043.39 for every one of the 313,385,295 people the Census Bureau now estimates live in the United States.

Bush's excuse was better, he had to deal with the 9/11 problems,
unless that was just an economic false positive !

Tick.. Tick.. Tick..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is just another sad definition,of whats wrong with this Administration.

Just sicking.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
But the debt really hasn't increased yet- it was deferred a few years.
/sarcasm

edit on 4/19/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

GW Bush is therefor the 9 trillion dollar man?
Didn't you guys say you loved him?

Let's keep it straight around here.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
USA's true national debt is already..

$200 TRILLION

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

C'mon, we can't make Obama look better in his bad behavior by pointing out that the last President was just as bad. Actually, it makes the whole thing worse. If the last President was a pillar of virtue, then Obama could be excused a LITTLE for not being aware of where his decisions would lead. Having Bush as his predecessor leaves no excuse of ignorance or confusion. We watched at least the last 2-3 years of Bush's stupidity to know exactly what continuing those policies, like Obama did, would do.

Booo on Obama. Bad bad BAD judgement and blaming the last guy just doesn't pass the laugh test when we're almost through the first 4 year term.

Could Bush have still been blaming Clinton for whatever problems he had in 2003? lol.. Of course not.. To whatever limited extent Obama's terrible conduct COULD have been deflected by looking at others..that stuff went out the window a year or more ago for being relevant. It's his tar baby now.

(All 5+ TRILLION of it...Now that is one loaded diaper on the baby!)

edit on 19-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Yes, let's keep it straight.

During the full eight years that George W. Bush served as president, the federal government's debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44. (Rising from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.08.)

Disinformation IS dangerous !!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
While this administration hasn't been good, i will like to remind people who signed on the dotted line and started this drastic downturn.

Yes, Obama is as much a criminal as the rest of them, but he didn't kick off all the events that triggered this massive downfall....

Why cant this all be rigged?

Republicans on the last couple of months sign into the law the massive money swap to the bankers... QE1,2,3...
Democrats come into power, picking up the pieces of a shattered economy, rising debt, unemployment.. you know, there sorta infected with this debt disease without a cure... 3-4yrs of it taking its toll and getting worse the republicans can swoop in as the saviors?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There you go; you are only thinking in terms of party lines. Do you think any other president or even Romney would do good? R-money and Obama have the same backers pushing for them to be president. The only one who is not bought is Ron Paul. If you do not understand that the entire government needs restructuring then you are lost. See what happened to the Roman empire, the corrupt senators enjoyed their lives while their country burned.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
While this administration hasn't been good, i will like to remind people who signed on the dotted line and started this drastic downturn.

Yes, Obama is as much a criminal as the rest of them, but he didn't kick off all the events that triggered this massive downfall....

That's correct. When the banks were given the green light to give housing loans to risky borrowers, that's when it all started.

Under which President was this? Clinton.

He bragged about the government surplus. But the surplus was a paper dragon constructed of risky debt.
edit on 19-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Meh...Who is going to collect and how?

It's all somantics. Have any of you ever considered that the amount of national debt is a big pile of hooey? Total disinfo to get the people worked up, polarized and divided? Who keeps track of this? How do you know it's accurate info? Because the Gov says so? hahaha...

....yeah.

I didn't care for the Bush Administration and I don't care much for this one...and I damn sure don't want to give "Mr. Roboto" Romney a chance either...if anyone EVER looked like a Manchurian Candidate....well...he seems to fit the bill with the ever changing position on topics and obvious "steering" by someone behind the curtain.

Anyway, Back on topic.

Most of the national debt is owed to ourselves. It is a big pile of crapola that is used to scare people and make them think the sky is falling....and apparently it works.

I'm not scared or worried about it. It makes no sense to worry about things you cannot change...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
More than half money is spend fixing problems left behind by the previous President. This is common, new Leader fixes the problems of the previous, and the next will fix this ones, etc etc

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That is a lot of money thrown away, some of it needed, but can someone please answer what happened to the 2.3 trillion that is missing or went missing and Rumsfeld had an interview about it the day before 911, I remember the Washington post front page news something mentioning it, can we subtract that out because I am almost certain that number is a deficit item, that needed accountability, most of that spending the OP mentions was more than likely defense spending and DHS I bet, all created during the past administration .

edit on 19-4-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Good.. We have identified the problem - Debt

Next - What to cut and how much in order to correct the problem?

Who cares how we got here... We are here and we must deal with it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Absolutely, let's keep it straight.

By your logic, if Obama inherited Bush's debt, Bush must have inherited Clinton's.

So much for that budget surplus.

edit on 4/19/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Good.. We have identified the problem - Debt

Next - What to cut and how much in order to correct the problem?

Who cares how we got here... We are here and we must deal with it.

We all should care how we got here. If you don't know how, you don't know what to fix. But, it's painfully obvious it is the elected officials who've caused / allowed this. Then again, people voted for them, and keep voting for them.

So, it seems the problem is a naive populous making ignorant choices when voting combined with a paltry selection of candidates.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Assigning blame does not resolve the issue though. Even if we were to assign blame what good would it do? The person Obama blames is no longer in office...

Our debt is a total team failure, regardless of political party.

I dont want to hear politicians blaming each other.. I want to know what they are going to do to work together and fix the problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
its funny how everytime a Negative is brought out about Obama- the first thing his defenders do is try to play it back to Bush- no matter what issue.

take some responsibility people.

5Trillion- Im sure I could of made the PEOPLE in this nation very happy with that kind of money- if it was only spent on them.
Instead- they give it to the rich and indebt the people.

But yea- lets go back to '08 and blame someone else for something else entirely so we can make sure this topic is never brought up again because it shows our king in bad light.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree. There has to come a point in every leader's turn at the plate where the game becomes THEIR baby to hold. Now if things get better, Obama is knocking little old ladies over railings to get himself to the cameras. Wild horses couldn't keep the man from taking credit for even the SMALLEST sign of things simply not getting WORSE. Everyone else notice that? He's Johnny on the Spot when it's time to bask in the glory.

Someone else noted that the problems of all Presidents are the problems of the past one. Well then.... I guess Bush's problems all came from clinton..and we can include Osama as one of those problems....and Obama's problems all came from Bush. Fine Fine... So who is starting the petition to have Clinton arrested? If HE is to blame for all this, he must pay!

Then again... We could stop the mental gymnastics this blame game requires to just make things work in appearances for logic and follow my favorite principle in life. KISS. Keep it Simple Stupid.

KISS tells me Obama broke it, Obama bought it. Now someone drag hit butt to the register...there seems to be a 5 trillion dollar tab to be settled here and Bush wasn't even in the building when it was run up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Assigning blame does not resolve the issue though. Even if we were to assign blame what good would it do? The person Obama blames is no longer in office...

Our debt is a total team failure, regardless of political party.

I dont want to hear politicians blaming each other.. I want to know what they are going to do to work together and fix the problem.

I agree laying blame doesn't equate with responsibility for the results. As far as I'm concerned, the current cabal of politicians can't do anything to fix our situation either as they are too self-serving to be so brave.
The solution, in my opinion, requires the people taking action, seeing past the vague and empty promises politicians make, seeing how dire our situation is if the current wave of "leaders" are allowed to continue their reign.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join