It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
To make 100 replies because I have OCD

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by Skinon

too much of anything is bad for you..

people have died from drinking too much water (not drowning) water poisoning/intoxication i believe.

and the amount of sugar in coke, its clear drinking too much coke is going to be a bad thing.

@ the OP, This is my look on non-surprise...

And yes you are right

Water intoxification can happen at less than 4-8 litres and kill you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Strange you mention this. It's something I wonder about.

Are you familiar with Christina Onassis? She was the daughter of Aristotle Onassis and the step daughter of Jackie Kennedy-Onassis.

She would have crates of coca cola shipped in just for her to consume. Died at the age of 37.

I always wondered if THAT much coke was a factor. Her diet was a suspect in her death but it could be possible all those chemicals in coke played a factor in her early death.

No she died from a heart attack and years of drug abuse.

Here is a bit about her life, it is an interesting read.

www.biography.com...

I had no idea she was such a savvy business woman.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, serves her right. You consume something as dangerous as soda on that level, you're asking to end up in serious illness or death.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Since before the 19 years I've lived, my mother has ALWAYS drank Dr. Pepper.
She goes through 12 packs in a day or two by herself.
After her gastric bypass surgery in, like, 2001 or 2002, she switched to Diet Dr. Pepper. Which is worse in a lot of ways.
But she's going to do what she wants, regardless of how much I try.
Constant smoking, prescription benzos and painkillers, etc.
No matter what I say, she's going to continue.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why are people still drinking coke in the second decade of the 21st century?!

I'm with screwed, thin the freaking herd already.

You want caffeine? Try some tea.

It's the one caffeinated source I know of that has virtually no side effects if you don't drink gallons of it a day.

In fact, it has numerous benefits!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaVinCe
This is worrying.. I drink at least one small 550 ml bottle a day and to be honest, I do sometimes feel like I am addicted to it... Don't really drink Diet Coke cause of Aspartame, but I guess normal coke is just as bad..

You're worried about the aspartame?

www.sugarstacks.com...

You likely are addicted to caffeine, and have a diet high in sugar, lots of people are. It is difficult to change these behaviors but if you do you'll be glad you did.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Funshinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.
totally agreed, over indulgence of anything will kill you. And lets face it everybody already knows coke is bad for you, no need to put a warning label on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Ok, if anybody is suprised that this woman died....my mind will be officialy blown. Don't get me wrong, I love pop, if pop were a woman I'd marry her we would do mutually degrading stuff to each other in a loving fashion. But 8 litres per day!! Common!! I think if you drink 8 littres a day of anything you risk dying. A a matter of fact, do you remember this womwn who drank 6 litters of water in three hours and died? Natural selection still exists in the human population I guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

as for Coca Cola (or other cola drinks) causing kidney problems can vouch for that

Couple years ago was drinking large amounts of cola drinks during hot weather - weound up getting
kidney stones

These drinks contain phosphoric acid in large amounts which can combine with calcium and other salts forming stones

Since then have switched to lemon-lime

These have citric acid (same as found in lemon/lime/oranges) which form soluble salts that can be flushed out of
the body

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

THANK YOU!

Seriously folks, if you drink up to eight(!!!) liters of CocaCola daily, what do you THINK is going to happen? Coke has HOW much sugar in it? I also heard it may have been as much as ten(!) liters of Coke. I mean you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that it's going to end badly. Is it sad? Absolutely. But like Screwed said, it's survival of the fittest. I will draw lines there, i.e. we should protect the handicapped. But protect the stupid? Nah.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's one way to get your water!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.

Spot on. The problem was not Coke, it was her problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Text here is the break down: 8 liters of coke, that is 4 of those big bottles from the store, every day she drank. the caffiene is equal to 32cups of coffee (6 ounces each). the corn syrup is 864 grams equals 64 tablespoons of sugar.

woman was addicted. yes you can die from drinking too much water.

there was a contest at a radio station in sacramento, ca, "hold your wee for a WII (nintendo) , people called the station and warned them that this could be deadly, but they did it anyway. Told contestants to stop if they needed to.

when it was over, the lady had a really bad headache and they just let her leave, she died at her home a few hours later.

too much water dilutes your electrolytes too much and the body can't function. She just wanted to win the WII for her kids and she lost the contest and her life
edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: correct spelling

edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: made text bigger

edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
8 litres = 270.512182 US fluid ounces

270 US fluid ounces = 33.7 redbull sized cups

33.7 x 44g of sugar = 1,485g sugar per day?

no wonder she died.

wonder if its the GMO coca leaves so there is no need to extract the coc aine and "dispose" /joke.. or was it?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
8 litres = 270.512182 US fluid ounces

270 US fluid ounces = 33.7 redbull sized cups

33.7 x 44g of sugar = 1,485g sugar per day?

no wonder she died.

wonder if its the GMO coca leaves so there is no need to extract the coc aine and "dispose" /joke.. or was it?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
are you sure your sugar math is right??? here is a great visual with the math and pics (sugar cubes). It says l litre of coke has 108 grams of sugar so 8 (4 of 64 ounce we by at the store) would have 864 grams .

www.sugarstacks.com... can someone post this pic from this link, thanks
edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: corrected spelling

note, the biggest bottle in the pic is 34 ounces (l litre)
edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: added info

that is equal to 220 sugar cubes in a day!!!
edit on 19-4-2012 by research100 because: added more info

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dont drink coke, it kills you

stick with faygo, Rc and pepsi

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

She could have developed an allergic reaction to it. When someone eats or drinks the same thing every single day for prolonged periods of time, you can develope a fatal allergy to it. Or simply an allergy.

Now, she could have been allergic to something in it. Or malnourished.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

Ah, yes, legalize PCP, meth, and every other drug so that idiots can lapse into drug-induced psychosis and kill innocent "smart" people. Sounds like a plan.

Well, alcohol is much worse.

Anyway, pcp? I bet the police kill more people anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join