It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Some good ideas there. Thanks. We had tried the eavesdropping approach before, but no joy. That was a while ago, so may try again.
The home test kit is something I had not thought of, so definatly something I will look into.
we do our best to live healthy, I cook everything from fresh, nothing oven ready, or pre packed meals.
Take away once a month as a treat on pay day, and we try to keep fit as much as possible (also getting a dog soon, so hopefully, extra walking should also help lol).
We just hope he sees sense soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't get how you could drink that much coke a day!
Your teeth would be destroyed, and your insides.

Coke is like a drug but itself isn’t the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of the massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid.

It's sad, her addiction to a soft drink may have helped with her early death.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
IMHO, nurturing bad behavior by being a softie on your child, and using the appeasement route will give a child very poor idea of family values. They will mistake themselves as being in charge, and may very well turn into an entitled bossy monster.

For the poster with the 19 year old, does he have any other behavioral issues? Is he a kind and helpful member of your family aside from these mood-swings, and love of crappy though tasty food? That right there could just be nothing more than immaturity, and some real world living should cure him of that, in time. Especially when it comes time for them to provide their own housing.

The poster with the 33 year old, dollars to donuts, no-one let him be independent growing up. Someone did everything for him, so the decisions he has have made in life had no previous repercussions. Someone else fixed his problems for him, so personal accountability was pretty much zero, I'm guessing. Now he has learned behaviors, which are being molly-coddled with pity/sense of duty from the relatives since his health is so bad. However if his health hadn't turned bad so early on, there may have been hope for his irresponsibility if the tough route was taken, in his parenting. Like get out of the house and provide your own living.

Take nothing I said here as truth, I'm stabbing at the dark, and I mean no insults. I'm working with what I've read here. And thought I would champion a specific viewpoint.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

No withdrawals here. For a while, I drank maybe 1-2 12oz bottles of mexican Coca-Cola everyday (won't touch HFCS version!).

So far this week, I have had none. I'm substituting iced tea and green tea for Coke.

When it comes to Coca Cola products, there is no warning label needed. Only common sense!
edit on 19-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

A few things on this...

My dentist practically banned me from drinking Coke as he said there is something in it that strips the coating from your teeth (as a sidenote to this, my brother did an experiment at school, they got the kids to bring in 'Tooth Fairy' teeth, and put them in water, milk, Coke etc...the one with the Coke in, the teeth had GONE...boom, dissolved...try it and see)

Kidney patients are not allowed Coke, the kidney really does not like it at all,

and finally...

Coke has a ton of caffeine, which upsets my stomach. Coke is a health risk, drink in moderation

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

Keep them legal and the people profiting from the illicit drug war will continue to do so.

Either way, people still get beheaded.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow

My dentist practically banned me from drinking Coke as he said there is something in it that strips the coating from your teeth (as a sidenote to this, my brother did an experiment at school, they got the kids to bring in 'Tooth Fairy' teeth, and put them in water, milk, Coke etc...the one with the Coke in, the teeth had GONE...boom, dissolved...try it and see)

phosphoric acid!

right?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
8 liters a day of any drink is suicide! In fact intake of 7 liters of water during 1 hour will probably kill you. 8 liters of Coca Cola? Unbelievable. It is miracle she lived so long. Results of autopsy should be published - it will be really interesting reading. At this point it is hard to say which weight should be given to Coca Cola mixture and simple fact of excessive water intake. My guess is: If she drunk 8 liters of quality beer (possibly not filtered), she will be alcoholic but not morgue item - for next few years. Kidney damage is inevitable.

Healthy water intake depends on situation: weather, energy output, metabolism, body weight, ... . Should not be less than 1.5L and no more than say 3.5L a day. Preferably some balanced water (not distilled, not mineral) or teas made of such water. Drinking one type of tea all the day also is not good idea. At evening one or two good beers. Nothing should be excessive. I do not drink any sodas. I do not like its taste (it is sweet) and whole mixture is usually soft poison.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

when my daughter was pregnant she was addicted to coca cola consuming approx 3-4 2litre bottles per day ..... she was adviced by her midwife to cut down or stop drinking coke all together ... she stopped drinking it but she was really ill doing so ... bad headaches ... achy body ... shakes and sweating just like an alcoholic or drug addict drying out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

That's insane, the human body can process, well an average adult, around 15 liters of fluid a day, anything over that, including just plain water, can indeed be deadly, you overload your system, cause water intoxication, mess with your kidneys and digestive tract.

Imagine, just imagine, 8 liters of cola a day.

1 liter of coke (34oz) contains:
108 grams of sugar
400 calories.

864 grams of sugar, per day, just from the coke.
3200 calories a day, just from the coke.

A rough guideline says the average adults needs 2000 calories, give or take, a day.

So, just from coke alone, she's gone way over the required calories per day.

If you aren't diabetic, around 40 grams of sugar a day is what you should limit yourself to. FORTY!

Safe
40 grams of sugar
2000 calories

This woman
864 grams of sugar
3200 calories

JUST FROM THE COLA. Obviously she's eating food too, and going from 8 liters of cola a day, I'd say it's processed sugary, salty, CRAP.

coke didn't help, but this woman killed herself, she is the one leading the unhealthy lifestyle, cola if used in moderation, is basically harmless.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
8 liters... That's over 10 times the amount of recommended daily intake of sugar (in the label). There's no doubt that it leads to a myriad of health problems, including obesity. Stupidity kills.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Wow, finally! A topic where I have firsthand experience, myself. I feel so special all of a sudden, even though it won't last longer than what it takes to hit the 'reply' button.

Back in my final year of high school a decade ago I became addicted to Coca-Cola, to the tune of approximately 3L a day for three of four months. My bedroom was lined with all my empty bottles as though they were trophies until they encircled my bedroom three rows deep. I would buy cans and bottles on sale, open them, toss the cap away and chug. For some reason I just couldn't get enough.

But I paid a price. At the end of my binge I was getting severe heart palpitations and had incredible body tremors to where I could barely write legibly. Sleep disturbances and anxiety attacks also appeared - to which I still suffer from to this day - and I became so sensitized to caffeine that I cannot even have a cup of coffee or two colas in a row without getting palpitations once again. When I do have cola now it has to be caffeine-free or else I suffer. I have advanced gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) with a hiatal hernia, eroded valve and two ulcers which forces me to sleep on a reclined bed and take proton pump inhibitors, problems which only arose after my binge.

And all because I craved the sweet, sweet taste of Coca-Cola and indulged in excess. Having one or two colas is fine, but just as with most things in life too much is a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Sound a bit harsh?
Ya think?

C'mon, now - legalize all drugs, really?
What about people who get badly injured and have to take Oxcontin and get addicted?
They deserve to die because they needed a drug to help with the pain?
- One example of many.

I can see your point and I agree with freedom of choice but there's so many chemicals out there people can't possibly learn all the dangerous effects of them before they start using them, we'd all have to be professional chemists.
What's a shame is how many dangerous ones are on the market like Aspartame that people blithely believe are safe in any quantity.
I believe it's possible to die from too much Coke, especially the diet variety.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Coke.... drink of SATAN!!! Bad stuff. YUCK!

Dr. Pepper on the other hand is the nectar of the Gods and makes me leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Seriously though, when I was working I literally existed on Mountain Dew and Coffee. No real time to sit and eat sometimes, so I had a microwave hotpocket or the like. I worked all sorts of weird shifts and didnt have kids or a family at the time.. so I liked to work the night hrs, sleep a few hrs and goof off all day when the sun was out. I did this for several years.. and hit a brick wall health-wise. Ive always had PERFECT teeth. Perfectly straight, never a cavity when I was a kid, never a thing. My lifestyle was tee totaler no alcohol and never a street drug ( sometimes OTC junk for a headache or whatever) .. but my dentist told me MOUNTAIN DEW screwed up my pretty perfect teeth.
Ive probably damaged my liver and kidneys too. Cant do much about the tooth damage now but deal with it, but living a very healthy lifestyle again ( as I did as a kid) has really helped and allowed healing.

STILL.. that bubbly dark concrete eating acid called Dr Pepper.. Lord do I love it sometimes. Im like a closet alcoholic.. I keep them from the kids and have my minifridge in my walk in closet for my evil indulgences once in a while.
Now a 12 pack will last me months, but it sure is good.

Oh yeah, and not everyone is obese on soda...
Im 5'4" and 120 lbs.. Ive been this size since I was 18 and Im in my 40's now. I was this size when I was working and liviing on soda and coffee as well. Looks MAY be deceiving.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Advantage because: added something

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Let's not forget that Coca Cola has a pH level of 2.5, raising your blood level to acidic if consumed too much.

8 litres a day would definitely acidify your body, and acidic conditions harm the cells of your body. She probably stewed to death.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Anyone shocked by the reduction of life due to soda, should drink more and larger glasses.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yes! Absolutely phosphoric acid
was very early this morning when I wrote that so wasnt quite awake !
My bro is a teacher, hence the experiment...hopefully it put at least 30x 10 yr olds off Coke

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
I guess she really liked Coke wow hope there is coke in heaven. Anyways while in line at walmart i ran into a guy that happened to be watching what i was buying, it was a case of pepsi and mountain dew he said that he was a truck driver and that the pallet of mt dew weighed 200 pounds more then the pallet of pepsi. He said it is super bad for your teeth, ok lol dental advice from a truck driver what im getting at is 200 pounds more sugar is quite a bit right

I watched a documentary a couple of years back that showed where many families living in the Appalachian mountains had children with rotted teeth as early as 2 years old. It was because mountain dew, was being put into baby bottles or given freely to the children to drink. This has been going on despite a dental "van" making regular visits to help the families in need. One mother said she gave the mountain dew to her baby because it "calmed his stomach pains".

Aside from that, there's a new pepsi that was released recently called "Pepsi Next". It's quite a nasty cocktail of high fructose corn syrup, Aspartame, Splenda, and something else I can't pronounce. I'd stay the hell away from that one for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Also wanted to comment on high fructose corn syrup.

A while back I was looking over some old family pictures of my mom, dad, and other folks from the 50's up to the early 70's. My mom commented "Everyone had skinny legs back then. Look at us, we don't look bloated!". I kind of laughed and I asked her why she was saying that... and she said that back then they put real sugar in soda, and not high fructose corn syrup. She said "I drank about 1 pepsi a day and that was enough. It satisfied the craving" and then told me "But now, you drink one and you crave another and another ..... and before you know it you don't want water no more".

So I can see where this happens. The crap in soda is addictive, and high fructose syrup works differently in our bodies than regular sugar.

I'm not saying regular sugar is OK or healthy, but I do believe HFCS is the devil.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Wow, poor kids.

Jeezo, so basically taking the bad things from regular and diet drinks, and concocting a drink which has it all in one? :O

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join