It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

Ah, yes, legalize PCP, meth, and every other drug so that idiots can lapse into drug-induced psychosis and kill innocent "smart" people. Sounds like a plan.

This is why we have the second amendment.
If you choose not to exercise this right it is your choice but.....like all other choices, it will carry a consequence.
The point is, you are never going to outlaw stupidity nor are you going to outlaw crime......if you can make any sense of that.

Yes, I am saying that people need to be free to kill themselves.
NO I am not saying that people need to be free to kill others.
YOu are taking it there, not me.
Crime should be dealt with.
Crime, unfortunately.....NEEDS A VICTIM!!!!!

The only crime I see is the crime of ciminalizing behavior which would remove alot of people from our planet who want to leave. WE are the victims! We are the ones forced to live in a world with these people who want to kill themselves. We allow people to kill themselves with cigarettes,Alcohol,fast food,and Coke-A-Friggin-Cola!!!!!!
Why not Meth and Heroine?

I understand your arguement and I am not trying to be obtuse.
I am simply offering a solution because the one we have been working with so far obviously isn't working.

Back on topic.
I wonder what her family has to say about this.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Ha! I completely understand where your coming from. Also it's not like drugs being illegal are stopping
people getting killed by them!

At least they could regulate to some extent and at least make money of the sale to put into the scum that
ruin it for everyone else!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.

It does sound harsh but it's true. First of all, if the Govt. taxed it all they'd have more money ( Not that that would do anything wise with it) Secondly, and not in favor of your theory too much, but legal or illegal drugs cost money. Just because we legalize them doesn't mean the addicts are getting them for free.

But I do see your point because the first thing I thought of when I read the story was how could the man NOT know that there was nothing wrong with drinking the equivalent of 24 cans of coke every day? I don't drink coke. I use it to burn the corrosion off the battery terminals of my truck when need be.

People like that make me wonder how people like that have the wherewithal to walk upright. And what's really scary is that they have 8 kids.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.

I agree... its not only coke .. try 8 litres of anything apart from water and i guarantee your body will react in more ways than one. heck.. even water in those quantities will flush your system of vital components and mess you up. too much of anything will ..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Eight LITERS? I don't drink half that amount of anything in a day. Coca Cola is an artificial product. It isn't a surprise that our bodies haven't evolved to digest it, and the undigested chemicals accumulate over time.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So, if 8 ltrs is too much, then what, in your opinion, is a maximum safe amount'?
We have problems with our 19. Yr old son.
He drinks 2 ltrs a day of coke, probably more that we dont know about.
I have always felt even that amount is too much, and I have got to the point of virtually begging him to stop.
It got to a point once that he would take a 2ltr bottle to his room, and it would be gone in a couple of hours.
After seeing the empty bottles stack up in his room, we brought in new house rules to try and at least slow him down... No drinking in your room, and no drinking from the bottle. This has slowed him a bit, having to come diwnstairs for his fix, but I still feel he is addicted.
We get regular excessive mood swings and aggression, which I put down to the intake of crap into his body.
Being that he is 19, and buys this crap himself, we are almost powerless to stop him, aas he works, and buys it with his own money.
We did try a total ban once, but that just led to pure chaos in the house.
If ever you seek help or advice, people just look at you strange.. "your son has a. Soft drink problem?? Just be thankful it isnt drugs" is nourmally the reply.
Would be interested to hear if anyone else has similar problems over 2ltrs a day

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Back in the day.

like 1987.

I worked at a fast food joint.

We had a constant drip from the Pepsi dispenser.

Over time it ate the concrete floor.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djyorkie
So, if 8 ltrs is too much, then what, in your opinion, is a maximum safe amount'?
I have always felt even that amount is too much, and I have got to the point of virtually begging him to stop.
It got to a point once that he would take a 2ltr bottle to his room, and it would be gone in a couple of hours.
After seeing the empty bottles stack up in his room, we brought in new house rules to try and at least slow him down... No drinking in your room, and no drinking from the bottle. This has slowed him a bit, having to come diwnstairs for his fix, but I still feel he is addicted.
We get regular excessive mood swings and aggression, which I put down to the intake of crap into his body.
Being that he is 19, and buys this crap himself, we are almost powerless to stop him, aas he works, and buys it with his own money.
We did try a total ban once, but that just led to pure chaos in the house.
If ever you seek help or advice, people just look at you strange.. "your son has a. Soft drink problem?? Just be thankful it isnt drugs" is nourmally the reply.
Would be interested to hear if anyone else has similar problems over 2ltrs a day

one/two cans a day is more than enough, diabetes is serious thing. Is he fat?? maybe you should get a full body check up on him, check his blood sugar levels.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Coke is a very acidic type of product. It has been said that at 1 point State troopers used to carry a couple gallons of the stuff in the trunk of their cruisers and would use it to get blood off of the asphalt from traffic accidents. Also It is said if you put a pork chop in a bowl of coke bone and all will be gone in 2 days. So if it is used for those purposes then imagine what it does to your stomach?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

The problem is not Coke, it's over consumption.
Try eating about 5-8 oranges every single day and i bet you will die before you hit 30 as well.

Everything should be used and taken in moderation, at least if you value your life that is.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

My 33yo sibling with cancer and chronic blood infections has chosen multiple cans of Coke/Pepsi has an additional vice.

it's quite saddening to see the sibling bosses my mom around to go get cases upon cases (24-pak each) every couple days and walking several blocks home with the cases - of basically poison sugar water that feeds the infections and the cancer (it being acidic and easy food for bacteria).

its one thing to want to kill yourself with vices - in this case, smoking, narcotics, soda, sweets on top of intensive chemo and antibiotics for virulent/resistant septicimias...

but to drag the rest of the family thru the pain and suffering (ie the errands for junk food/drink, the rushing to the ER all the time, the nites spent bedside and no life of your own cause your 33yo child doesnt care what they're putting you thru, just that they have all these problems on top of them and they are a helpless victim)

its very disheartening. i tried showing how many spoons of sugar are in EACH can (like around 10?) and how it feeds bacteria, cancer and will cause diabetes on top of all the other diseases already suffering.. but its just like smoking while getting chemo - it just doesn't make any sense whatsover.

hopefully with ur teen its just a phase and they will get tired of it out of self-conciousness around the girls or something?

best...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

My 33yo sibling with cancer and chronic blood infections has chosen multiple cans of Coke/Pepsi has an additional vice.

it's quite saddening to see the sibling bosses my mom around to go get cases upon cases (24-pak each) every couple days and walking several blocks home with the cases - of basically poison sugar water that feeds the infections and the cancer (it being acidic and easy food for bacteria).

its one thing to want to kill yourself with vices - in this case, smoking, narcotics, soda, sweets on top of intensive chemo and antibiotics for virulent/resistant septicimias...

but to drag the rest of the family thru the pain and suffering (ie the errands for junk food/drink, the rushing to the ER all the time, the nites spent bedside and no life of your own cause your 33yo child doesnt care what they're putting you thru, just that they have all these problems on top of them and they are a helpless victim)

its very disheartening. i tried showing how many spoons of sugar are in EACH can (like around 10?) and how it feeds bacteria, cancer and will cause diabetes on top of all the other diseases already suffering.. but its just like smoking while getting chemo - it just doesn't make any sense whatsover.

hopefully with ur teen its just a phase and they will get tired of it out of self-conciousness around the girls or something?

best...

Just like any other drug.

Tell your mom to "just say no"

Tell her to stand her ground.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
overindulging in anything that much daily will kill you....the bigger question is, what addictive components are in coke? this lady was clearly addicted.....no different than a drug.....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The caffeine content in a regular 8oz can of coke is around 30mg per can

So I think all the caffeine she was having per day might have played a big role in her death.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

He is 6ft tall (taller than me lol) and weighs 18 stone. So yes, over weight, but not to the extent I would call it "obese" fat.
He is pretty active with his work, and its ironic that he works for a big sporting goods chain here in the UK.
The problem we have, is that as soon as we try to address the issue of the coke, weight, or health issues, it normally leads to arguments lasting for hours. He is in total denial of the potential problem, which is why we try to find other ways to limit him when in the house.
Getting him to a doctor for sugar count or advice is totally out of the question, as again, this would just lead to an aggressive reaction.
Damage limitation is the only way we can try to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
before getting hysterical and blaming coke - why dont people ask the blisteringly obvious question :

what was the balance of her diet ????

i am skeptical as to WHY a woman in NZ`s temperate zone would need 4.5 to 8 litres of any fluid intake / day

but most of all we need to know what else - if anything - she was eating before making any judgement

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
she is soft and nurturing type, feels a sense of purpose and not giving up...

but yeah i've had so many conversations to the point i literally lost my voice after talking with her on many occasions, it goes in circles, the defending of the big baby - cause they have some 'diseases' right now... and sees all the soda and sweets as 'comfort foods' as this person is in and out of the ER/hospital for the past year...

sometimes i forget they are 33yo its incredible how an adult can have no self control and just grabs at and wants more and more as if they know its really bad for them but want it anyway - the multiple cans of soda througout the day, the mutliple cigs everyday even thru chemo, the sweets/candy feeding the infection, the times in intensive care when the whole family rushes from across the country because the person is almost dying - yet again... its just so disgusting when someone loves the attention like they are a kid again - the candy, the soda, the pampering.

and that yeah aunty (my mom!) feeds into it. i saw her toting heavy bags of the boxes of soda cans and as much as wanted to help, couldnt because its just ridiculous, enough is enough.

a can of soda once in a while is refreshing! but chugging multiple cans a day it makes no sense. and i think even with the preference to make her get cans instead of 2 liters, it says alot how spiteful the 'victim' is.

edit on 19-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Thats very sad, sorry to hear what you are going through.
He is just discovering "nights out with the lads" and yes, we do hope that the changes and new experiences he had in his life may just help him figure out that this coke addiction is something he could try and leave behind.
We keep our fingers crossed that he will manage to get himself off it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
for me whats 'addicting' is the caramel (Burnt sugar) flavor and the BUBBLES

but i learned i actually prefer lemon/lime SELTZER even more than 'soda' - its even more refreshing, zesty.

and zero calories in seltzer - compared to like what, 140 empty calories per can of Coke?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

he may already have type 2 diabetes.. maybe get started talking about it and all the bad stuff related to coke with your partner, only when your son is around and hopefully he will eavesdrop on your conversation.

leave some home test kits lying around the house so he might stumble upon it and test himself. maybe it might wake him up.

or maybe you and your partner can live, eat and converse about healthy foods and lifestyle, and it might rub off on him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join