It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually, too much water WILL kill you and most tea's have pesticide/chemical residues. FURTHERMORE, excessive consumption of tea has been linked to some cancers (strangely).

Many "healthy foods" have hidden dangers that're obscured by their nutritional value.

Every food has a threshold where it becomes dangerous to the human body, like this:
completely safe tolerable levels !!!!danger danger danger!!!!

And MOST times this threshold is interconnected with dozens of other nutrients/chemicals/etc!!! So it's much more complicated than I make it appear above. It's extremely complex.

Health is anything but simple or predictable. That's why living to 100 is rare. EVERYONE wants to live a long time. But most don't. This is because the nature of health is very very VERY complex.

There's not a single human on earth that grasps it. We're far from understanding it all. Think about it in terms of climate change. We're attempting to model the future of climate on earth. But we keep having to change our models because they don't always reflect what's happening in nature. And we can't even falsify a model without traveling into the future. But even if we managed to predict the future of climate with exacting precision, another planet from somewhere else could very easily throw our predictions off and we'd be back at step 1. Every single person on earth is like a different planet. Imagine having to model EVERY person in order to manufacture a perfect diet for them????

But you're right in your thinking that not all food is created equally. But this doesn't give us the right of way to completely dictate our diet. Diet needs to be balanced. The reason we should have a balanced diet is because we don't know everything. When you don't know everything, you have to try different things and not stick with a single set of things. Add to that the fact that our body (and the world around it) is so dynamic and changing and you have a real cesspool of possibility that WILL sabotage the "perfect" diet. But this doesn't mean we need a plutonium or dish soap (or one of the many other chemicals or mixtures out there) supplement. A balanced diet is also a bit subjective, depending on who you ask (a shark, a rabbit, a worm, a human, a bird, the toxic avenger, etc). The key is to not rely on ignorance and to stay informed the best you can, but not overdo it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.

coke is poison.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Actually, too much water WILL kill you and most tea's have pesticide/chemical residues. FURTHERMORE, excessive consumption of tea has been linked to some cancers (strangely).

Many "healthy foods" have hidden dangers that're easily overlooked for their nutritional value.

Every food has a threshold where it becomes dangerous to the human body, like this:

But you're right in your thinking that not all food is created equally. But this doesn't give us the right of way to completely dictate our diet. Diet needs to be balanced. The reason we should have a balanced diet is because we don't know everything. When you don't know everything, you have to try different things and not stick with a single set of things. Add to that the fact that our body (and the world around it) is so dynamic and changing and you have a real cesspool of possibility that WILL sabotage the "perfect" diet. But this doesn't mean we need a plutonium or dish soap (or one of the many other chemicals or mixtures out there) supplement. A balanced diet is also a bit subjective, depending on who you ask (a shark, a rabbit, a worm, a human, a bird, the toxic avenger, etc). The key is to not rely on ignorance and to stay informed the best you can, but not overdo it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

too much water will kill you..yeah. but not in the same way coke killed this lady(if it were really coke) you can drink water for so many years and have it take your toll on you can you ?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

If a person drank 8 liters of water a day they would die within a year unless the mineral content of the water matched the body. Water can cause a lot of mineral loss. Even ten glasses a day of water isn't good for a person, especially if it contains Sodium fluoride. I can't believe a person could drink 8 liters of anything a day without some complications or mineral imbalances.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by biggmoneyme

If a person drank 8 liters of water a day they would die within a year unless the mineral content of the water matched the body. Water can cause a lot of mineral loss. Even ten glasses a day of water isn't good for a person, especially if it contains Sodium fluoride. I can't believe a person could drink 8 liters of anything a day without some complications or mineral imbalances.

Sure that uch water is too much, but dead within a year when this woman went years at 8L of coke...doubtful. Is there sone backing for this statement? I just find it hard to believe as a fact.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hi, "good health" fans.

I don't drink "soft drinks" anymore, because they are not "organic" !

I don't remember where, when, how? but I have seen/heard/read that there
is FIRE RETARDANT in soft drinks ! ! ?

It is for stoping the "fizziness/twinkle/froth" when the can/bottle is filled, in the factory !
Want to check if true. . .?

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Coke has sodium in it, water doesn't. Coke also contains Phosphorus which makes you pee, water doesn't. With water, Sodium levels in the body would decrease and so would potassium and Phosphorus. The over drinking of water can also deplete the body of many minerals if done for longer periods of times. Ten glasses of water a day is usually safe but 8 liters is not safe long term. There are so many sites on the net that address the problems with drinking huge amounts of water that it's hard to find one that you may be satisfied with. 8 liters is about 32 cups and unless minerals were added in the diet to compensate,that could be toxic long term. Hypernatremia is one of the usual problems but there are many other mineral deficiencies associated with high water consumption. Also once the body runs out of phosphorus and sodium it could lead to symptoms of congestive heart failure. Water doesn't usually cause too many vitamin deficiencies.

You'll have to search yourself for information about this. Look at what Mayo clinic and other medical and scientific sites say about this, they are hard to find amongst the ChaCha and Yahoo answer sites which are not verified.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.
Thinning of the herd.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You don't sound harsh, you sound selfish! Let everyone you deem 'undesirable' so you can live a happy life! Apparently you know little about people with cancer addicted to pain medication, etc. but I guess in your world they too are 'F****ing stupid too!

Umm, could you kindly tell me just what in the hell Cancer has to do with illegal drugs or Cokacola??
and where did I say ANYTHING about anyone being undesirable?
You are clearly using emotion to have a debate which never works out too well with someone who is using logic.

If you would like to debate natural selection or the thinning of the herd let me know.
I will not have a debate about someone with cancer
who is addicted to pain meds

Were you being serious or are you just F*****ing with me???
edit on 20-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

What does drinking tea have to do with severe water intoxication

I don't drink cheap brick tea. I purchase organic loose leaf tea. No pesticide residue.

Whatever study you saw that linked tea to cancer, surely used poor quality tea.

Many "healthy foods" have hidden dangers that're obscured by their nutritional value.

Look, I generally agree with this statement, but you can drink at least 6 cups of tea a day and simply keep having benefits with each additional cup. I've read a lot of studies on tea. If it's organic, loose leaf, it's simply good for you. I'm guessing there is a threshold that could be reached, but that's probably only reached by chugging tea extract, or getting water intoxication first. Why would I do something like that

And MOST times this threshold is interconnected with dozens of other nutrients/chemicals/etc!!! So it's much more complicated than I make it appear above. It's extremely complex.

Tea is good. You're making this far too complex, buddy.

Health is anything but simple or predictable. That's why living to 100 is rare. EVERYONE wants to live a long time. But most don't. This is because the nature of health is very very VERY complex.

There's not a single human on earth that grasps it. We're far from understanding it all. Think about it in terms of climate change. We're attempting to model the future of climate on earth. But we keep having to change our models because they don't always reflect what's happening in nature. And we can't even falsify a model without traveling into the future. But even if we managed to predict the future of climate with exacting precision, another planet from somewhere else could very easily throw our predictions off and we'd be back at step 1. Every single person on earth is like a different planet. Imagine having to model EVERY person in order to manufacture a perfect diet for them????

Please get some sleep. I have no clue what you're going on about, or how this has anything to do with what I wrote. I eat a balanced diet, but drink mostly high quality tea.

Nothing is perfect, but tea has numerous health benefits from being: antibacterial, antiviral, increase telemere length, anti-mutagenic, contains polyphenols, antioxidants, caffeine (and not too much, either!) one of the only sources of l-theanine, etc, etc, etc...

Perhaps the studies you mentioned that increase the incidence of cancer is from bricked, low quality black tea which contains high amounts of fluoride in combination with the pesticides. I don't know.

Any which way you put it. Your response has little, if anything, to do with what I wrote.

Check yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Honestly, we are living in a world where anything we eat, drink or inhale is unhealthy. Of course, if you're going to do anything in the extreme manner that she apparently did, well, you really can't expect anything but the worst.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
does "Green Tea" have any caffeine?

does oolong tea?

does white tea??

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
LOL... I had to drop over here and post a quick note for the thread just closed on the main line and referred over here.

Yes... Too much water CAN be fatal. It's a medical condition called Water Intoxication or Water Poisoning. If you haven't heard of it, don't be shocked.. I hadn't either until Ecstasy (MDMA) came onto the scene and one of it's side effects is the insatiable need for more and more water. TOO much of that has resulted in more than one dead kid who didn't understand or believe that life giving water can also outright kill them.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
daily Recommended water intake is about 4 liters a day, every day

so how much daily is Deadly?

and, how much Coke is recommended a day, every?

and how much daily is Deadly?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

daily Recommended water intake is about 4 liters a day, every day

so how much daily is Deadly?

and, how much Coke is recommended a day, every?

and how much daily is Deadly?

Well, in this case, 2 gallons was absolutely fatal and a Jury awarded her family 16.5 Million Dollars to put an exclamation point on the statement.

Jury Rules Against Radio Station After Water-Drinking Contest Kills Calif. Mom

The husband of a California woman who died after participating in a radio station's water drinking contest said he hopes a jury's $16.5 million compensation award following a wrongful death lawsuit will send a message to other corporations dealing with the public.

Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old mother of three, was among 18 people who entered the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" competition. They tried to drink as much water as they could without urinating in a bid to win a Nintendo Wii gaming console.

Strange drank nearly two gallons of water in over three hours on Jan. 12, 2007. During the contest, she could be heard complaining about pain to disc jockeys at 107.9 "The End."
Source

Talk about a story for moderation huh? Who would have thought.... 2 gallons would kill an otherwise Healthy young woman? I think 2 Gallons of Coke per day did infinitely more than water...but yikes..This just shows even what we require for life and give death too.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
"without urinating"

so how did they conclude it was the water and not the bladder overfill?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Well, the article goes into detail on the link, but the medical examiner determined water intoxication as the cause of death and there were a number of medical people who called into the show to warn the DJ's that what they were doing could kill people. They discussed it and apparently blew off the possibility. All that is in the last section of the linked article...and why the Jury slammed the whole thing pretty hard on the 16 million award.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
"without urinating"

so how did they conclude it was the water and not the bladder overfill?
Because your bladder being full wont kill you.. When the fluid outside the brain cells has an excessively low amount of solutes (such as sodium and other electrolytes) in comparison to that inside the cells causing the fluid to shift through (via osmosis) into the cells to balance its concentration. This causes the brain cells to swell, you'll have seizures and most likely die if not treated quickly enough, as those lead to brain damage, coma & eventually death.

It's called Hyponatremia, or Water intoxication/poisoning.
edit on 4/21/2012 by ArrowsNV because: grammar

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i just got 2 gallons jugs of 99cent 'spring' water (im cheap) out of the garage and drank them over the past half hour. the more i drank, the more thirsty i felt and just kept gulping and gulping, it feels so refreshing!

i feel bloated and full like i ate a big, cold meal (of jello or something lol). my tummy feels VERY cold! the water wasnt very cold though.

going to bed, hope i dont die from just 2 gals!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Seems to be a strong correlation in ignorance and english speaking countries.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join