It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been brought up, but Coke isn't at fault.

If she was drinking Coca-Cola Classic, she was consuming almost 1800g of sugar a day. That will give you diabetes REAL quick.

You know what really killed her? Poor decision making.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The only thing we are really supposed to drink is water (and milk as a baby) Even fruit juices are not that good for you. Orange juice contains as much sugar as coca cola. With regards to cola drinks, it has been linked to pancreatic cancer Diet coke is even worse, containing Aspartame, which is of course a neurotoxin,www.justmindpower.com... which was brought to the market by none other than Donald Rumsfeld.

edit on 20-4-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I bet the same woman also ate food every day and breathed air, showing that we should all stop eating food and breathing as it is clearly toxic and we'll be dead at 30.

But seriously, is this the first person ever who has died young that is known to have drunk lots of coke? Awesome, so basically with so few cases of premature death amongst coke drinkers, it is completely clear that coke makes you live longer. That's good because I like (diet) coke and drink large quantities of it (not quite 8 litres a day though obviously).

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30.... Possible death by Coke? [...] Is Coke gonna kill me?

Gee... Ya think?

The only thing dumber than the hapless halfwit in question is the consternation in this thread at the obviousness of flushing one's body with 8 litres of caffeinated sugar water per diem being 'bad' for you!

No wonder 90% of Derpmericants are physically morbidly obese when they're so intellectually anorexic...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Coke-Cola Is a drug addiction. I drank 3-4 cans of coke a day. But i gave it up for lent. I was going through withdraws. I was always craving one, The EXACT same feeling if you havnt smoked a cigarette in 2 or three days.

Still havnt had a coke since, But i have the occasional root beer.

I have noticed a Huge difference in my health. I just feel Better.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's like she replaced regular drinking water with Coke...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

I dont think there should be any warning lables on any soft drinks at all. You might as well put a warning label on water!

It is a known fact that if you drink too much water (intake of gallons in a short period of time) then you will die of water poisoning.

So if drinking too much water can kill you, then it is simply common sense and logical induction that drinking too much of a soft drink would end in the same result.

Lets be real here! Coca Cola can be used to clear off battery acid from the battery connections in your car!

I feel bad for the man. He lost his wife. However, if he really loved his wife, he would have helped her much sooner and perhaps she would still be with him today.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Everything is fine in moderation. Thats my belief I just cant see drinking that much coke in a 8 I might drink a liter of coke a year....Mt Dew thats another story. Its sad though

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Yes, coke, or any pops are really bad for you, but in moderation, the human body can keep up with the adverse effects. 8 L of phosphoric acid, sugar (or worse, in the U.S. And some other places, corn syrup, carbonation, etc...well, good luck with that. No amount of proper natural nutrition is going to counteract that! What really irritates me is people an politicians who want to tax the non-diet versions more, but not the far-worse aspartame laced diet versions. Just keep the pop to a minimum, folks!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised she died, I would be surprised though if she died with any teeth left in her head.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If I drink a glass of red wine a day, I'm helping my health. If I drank 8 bottles a day, I'd be dead at an early age.

People dont want to think and use moderation. That's what is killing them, not soda.

There was a guy that claimed he got cancer from microwave popcorn. But he was eating 3 bags a day. And when each bag finished popping, he quickly rip open a slot in the the bag and deep-breath (huff) in the steam and fumes coming out of the bag.
edit on 20-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How much is a liter?

...just kidding.

So, to put it in perspective for us narcissitic, dumb Americans, that would be the equivalent of a little over 2 gallons of Coke a day.

Personally, I think drinking 2 gallons of ANYTHING per day would negatively affect your health.

Even water:

1.Ingesting more water than you need can increase your total blood volume. And since your blood volume exists within a closed system - your circulatory system - needlessly increasing your blood volume on a regular basis puts unnecessary burden on your heart and blood vessels.

Drinking to much water can kill you

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.

With all due respect, I believe the point to make here is that Coca-Cola is not food, it is poison, hence the demise of this woman. These Multinational Corporate Psychopaths care not for the health and well being of you or your children, they are motivated by gargantuan greed. So the lesson is...if you feel suicidal, drink coke..drink pepsi..or better yet go to McFetus's and order a supersized coke and a couple of pink slime burgers. You must be very careful what you put into your body!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

I am pretty sure if you drank the same daily amount of orange juice you would have sugar control problems or diabetes at the very least. Coke has no less sugar.

I could pick caffeine and make similar arguments. Excess is a bigger factor than any individual raw ingredient.

-rrr

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GenEyuss

I second your thought. I think I want to live in a world of personal responsibility. That means I make my own choices and I face my own consequences. The more we BEG corporations to protect us with warning labels the more we tell them we are like stupid little children that can't be responsible for our own actions so we need to be protected from ourselves. This is at the core of the erosion of our civil liberties.

-rrr

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
8 liters is a tad more than 2 gallons.

This woman was drinking more than 2 gallons of Coke a day for years.
I would think that even 2 gallons of milk every day for years would have some drawbacks.
I don't think even pure water - at more than 2 gallons a day for years - is completely safe.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.
Thinning of the herd.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You don't sound harsh, you sound selfish! Let everyone you deem 'undesirable' so you can live a happy life! Apparently you know little about people with cancer addicted to pain medication, etc. but I guess in your world they too are 'F****ing stupid too!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wish I could say that I was surprised by the number of people saying, "EVERYTHING IS BAD FOR YOU! EVEN WATER IF YOU DRINK TO MUCH!", like they are all in 8th grade health class and just learned about Water Intoxication, but I have been on ATS waaaaay too long to be surprised by anything that I read here anymore.

That having been said, I am surprised that she made it to 30. Coke isn't water. It will kill you in small doses.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

nothing to do with coke, try eating 500 grams of sugar a day, you die at 30 too

take note that all soft drinks are extremely high in sugar content

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by GenEyuss

I second your thought. I think I want to live in a world of personal responsibility. That means I make my own choices and I face my own consequences. The more we BEG corporations to protect us with warning labels the more we tell them we are like stupid little children that can't be responsible for our own actions so we need to be protected from ourselves. This is at the core of the erosion of our civil liberties.

-rrr

I am all for personal responsibility, however, I like to make informed decisions. There is no such thing as too much information. How can I make an informed decision about a product if the company isn't forced to warn of side effects from using the product?

A warning label doesn't protect us, it informs us. Are you against information? Are you in favor of protecting corporations from having to inform us of harmful side effects?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join