It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington D.C. to sue former city workers for fraudulent jobless benefits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
District AG to sue former city workers for fraudulent jobless benefits
Updated: Wednesday, April 18, 2:18 PM -- Washington Post

The Washington D.C. attorney general is going to sue some former city employees for collecting unemployment while working !!

The lawsuits will be "civil" suits in attempts to recover the money.

They say $800,000 has been paid out since 2009 to working city employees.

Right in the front yards of Congress and the White house !!

The Mayor says 61 out of 92 employees have been fired so far.
The others remain on suspension.
And there are more to come.

And apparently many have jumped ship and quit as the investigations started.

Some have actually returned the money to keep their jobs

No mention of criminal charges yet.

Officials insist they will not stand for this conduct !!
(no kidding
)

The District’s attorney general said Wednesday that he will sue former city employees who collected unemployment benefits while working.

Attorney General Irvin B. Nathan said his office will begin filing civil suits “in the next few weeks” to recover the city’s money. District officials have estimated that the city had paid as much as $800,000 in jobless benefits to working city employees since 2009.

Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s administration has fired 61 of 92 employees who were suspended in February pending the outcome of a review of city records to determine whether workers had fraudulently collected benefits in the past three years.

More firings are expected, and more workers have fallen under suspicion.

I say replace all guilty parties, there's plenty of workers available for honest work !

I wonder if they had help from Lobbyists !!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Now why is it...if I go rob $5,000 from a bank or $500 from a gas station, I'll get many years in prison. As well I should...

Yet..these guys can rob the city for hundreds of thousands of dollars and all they get is sued??? BTW..if they're off collecting benefits like they actually need them (qualified or not) just where are they going to cough up over a half a million dollars?? LOL... It's like suspending a kid for skipping school. I just have to ask.... So?

new topics

join