It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India tests nuke-capable missile able to hit China!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this but WWIII forum seemed appropriate.

NEW DELHI (AP) — India announced Thursday that it had successfully test launched a new nuclear-capable missile that would give it, for the first time, the capability of striking the major Chinese cities of Beijing and Shanghai.

The government has hailed the Agni-V missile, with a range of 5,000 kilometers (3,100 miles), as a major boost to its efforts to counter China's regional dominance and become an Asian power in its own right.

The head of India's Defense Research and Development Organization, Vijay Saraswat, said the missile was launched at 8:07 a.m. from Wheeler Island off India's east coast.

It rose to an altitude of more than 600 kilometers (370 miles), its three stages worked properly and its payload was deployed as planned, he told Times Now news channel.

"India has emerged from this launch as a major missile power," he said.

news.yahoo.com...

It's probably nothing to it, just upping their military capabilites just in case. But when any nation developes nuclear weapons it's always that question in the back of my mind saying "Why?". We sure care that NK is developing and testing nuclear weapons but I haven't heard one peep out of us about India.

Again maybe it's nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Pretty sweet. I'm all for this. It will help keep China in check a bit more, and force them to continue to look over their shoulder.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
All these countries puffing out their chests like a schoolyard bully, just a matter of time before somebody blinks

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Yes, it's provably planned missile development.

However, in foreign politics, you don't state you can hit China just because you feel like it. It could have serious consequences, not conflict, but at least diplomatic.

I just wonder why the reasons for it. Countries like Pakistan provably didn't enjoy this at all.

What goes on in the head of these leaders to do this crap at this point in time...? Especially after the words aimed at North Korea for their missile test.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join