It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if someone told you that God told them He used evolution to create the world?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just don't get it, how can you hear god, how can you have a conversation with
something that doesn't speak to you.

How can you be bothered with faith.

I could just as well talk to a tree and imagine that i know what it wants for me.

It gives me headache just thinking how pointless it all is.

If there was a god that remotely showed that it gave a sh1t , i might "come to believe",
but the way things are on planet erf, just :facepalm:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by EarthEvolves

i'd say what i say to to all creation "scientists":

"you're just trying to sneak god in through the back door"

Actually, no. They are trying to apply the principles of uniformitarianism and yet cling to Fundamentalism at the same time. That is contradictory.

same difference[?]

the thing you need to understand [and by your reply you already do]
in order to cut through all the debate [or BS if you prefer]is that

EVOLUTION is merely an old Greek word for CHANGE

once you understand that the evils of creationism and uniformitarianism stand out in stark relief

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Personally that might not be out of the realm of possibility.
A few pokes here, a prod there, the right amino acid or bacteria someplace while seemingly innocuous to us might just be the way the big g does things.
The point is that we don't know.

However if there is a god. It will be a scientist that figures out god's existence.
Chew on that.

lol

unless you make your self equal to God, you cannot understand God, for the like is not intelligible save to the like
-Hermes Trismegistus-
The Divine Poemander

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You disagree with uniformitarianism? That is the assumption that the rules of science apply the same everywhere, that the laws of Physics are the same on the Moon as on Earth. I suppose it can be questioned as an assumption, though perhaps more fruitfully by theists and mystics than by atheists.

i'd say what i say to to all creation "scientists":

"you're just trying to sneak god in through the back door"

Actually, no. They are trying to apply the principles of uniformitarianism and yet cling to Fundamentalism at the same time. That is contradictory.

You are against uniformitarianism? It is a central scientific assumption generally agreed to by modern science (albeit with caveats).

same difference[?]

the thing you need to understand [and by your reply you already do]
in order to cut through all the debate [or BS if you prefer]is that

EVOLUTION is merely an old Greek word for CHANGE

once you understand that the evils of creationism and uniformitarianism stand out in stark relief

edit on 19-4-2012 by EarthEvolves because: Original post did not post for some reason

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not necessarily all, or some, or none. Anything that speaks to me of God I value. That could mean a leaf in the wind. It could mean silence.

I am also being petulant, to be honest. That is true also.

Originally posted by iterationzero

Are you claiming you value all religious texts and sources, regardless of origin or content? Or are you just being petulant?

edit on 19-4-2012 by EarthEvolves because: addition out of honesty

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How do you know who speaks to me or not? Have you asked?

In any case, I'll be leaving the forum soon so you won't have to be bothered with me. Too many COINTELPRO shills and racists around.

Originally posted by rigel4
I just don't get it, how can you hear god, how can you have a conversation with
something that doesn't speak to you.

How can you be bothered with faith.

I could just as well talk to a tree and imagine that i know what it wants for me.

It gives me headache just thinking how pointless it all is.

If there was a god that remotely showed that it gave a sh1t , i might "come to believe",
but the way things are on planet erf, just :facepalm:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
God does not used language to transfer information into us finites. The Presence you find you cannot look away from, even if you wanted to, provides direct Communion.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nice. I like that!

Just don't be fundamentalist about even that assumption and there is real Wisdom there.

Originally posted by tkwasny
God does not used language to transfer information into us finites. The Presence you find you cannot look away from, even if you wanted to, provides direct Communion.

edit on 19-4-2012 by EarthEvolves because: insert

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Don't be discouraged by those who are spiritually handicapped. Stand your ground, drive in your point. When you concede the enemy proclaims victory.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Evolution is a result and not a cause. We notice micro-evolution as a result of programming. I would say the possibility is there that God uses transition from one state to the next. This is implied again and again in the Bible. Mankind is promised a new body, Earth and Heaven to occupy. We are being refined. The problem with the idea of evolution is that science claims it as the cause of life. The science just does not support this conclusion. We are information in movement. Entropy is heat loss caused by the movement of information, just like your computer when the processor is heating up due to the flow of energy. Energy is really information. We know this now. Leonard Susskind demonstrates in the video below.

Evolution is definitely a patter we see with God's creatures, but with Creationism, there is no paradox. Programming and design always implies revision and upgrades. With God, this revision is not a symptom of poor design. It is a necessity for throttling intelligence and matching this to gifts. Knowledge and free will are dangerous apart from wisdom.

The development of sentience requires free will. Free will requires the possibility for evil. Good and evil are matched by the law of cause and effect. The law regulates the possible outcomes as a sentient being collapses the indeterminate wave of probability to make choices. The choice affects others, so we must be raised like children.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We do all three. As we progress, so does our gifts. We are required to be in a master servant relationship until we are finally set free. The law of love is what must be learned.

Luke 12

41 Peter asked, “Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

edit on 19-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I told my science teacher in 7th grade this theory, I thought it was my own. He refused to discuss it with me, school policy.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, thanks. My ground shifts simply by nature by nature of "wu wei." Enemies are often better made friends, or if not then laughed at until they feel ridiculous.

What is sad is how few people really understand the deep spiritual nature of reality. I don't claim I'm some big shakes but I at least allow some humility with my bombast.

Originally posted by Minori

Don't be discouraged by those who are spiritually handicapped. Stand your ground, drive in your point. When you concede the enemy proclaims victory.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It is my opinion that God created life, in order for God to evolve.

Our imperfections lead to innovation, which enables God to continue to grow.

Or in other words, we are here for the amusement of God.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

I told my science teacher in 7th grade this theory, I thought it was my own. He refused to discuss it with me, school policy.

Really? My science teachers never discussed my outrageous ideas either. But, I think that was more their own policy...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Then i would ring the Psych ward and have them registered because clearly i dont believe in him/her.Next question?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
God is perfection, it would make sense that in order to obtain and reside within his kingdom, we to must be perfect. Strength of body, strength of mind and strength of spirit is what is needed to obtain eternity. In order to reach the kingdom of God we must be perfect in all aspects. He does not want to turn heaven into another Earth, it is paradise. There are rules and regulations in order to get in, and he gives us all the chance to enter, but it is up to the individual to make these changes within themselves in order to get there. That is why I reiterate trust yourself and your feelings regardless of how outlandish they seem, these very thoughts are the key to gain admittance to Eden. Stare your opposition in the face and tell it to get behind you, it is not a time to fear your adversary, but it is the time to stand your ground. The stronger the faith, regardless of the belief, the less we are effected by the rival and the intimidation it brings along with it. In the end all roads lead to our father, the creator, and his love is unconditional for each and every one of us ,no matter what.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Are you a trained psychologist? Do you have any expertise in that field?

Originally posted by blaxland
Then i would ring the Psych ward and have them registered because clearly i dont believe in him/her.Next question?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What if someone told you that God told them He used evolution to create the world?

I'd respond the same way I respond to all godtards and their feeble attempts to incorporate ailing theology into a modern, free-thinking world:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

You prove your ignorance with your lack of insight,

Posting silly pictures does nothing to support your view.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nice. I like that!

Just don't be fundamentalist about even that assumption and there is real Wisdom there.

Originally posted by tkwasny

edit on 19-4-2012 by EarthEvolves because: insert

I, nor anyone else, has the authority to tell God how to conduct It's behavior. Your point well taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join