It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if someone told you that God told them He used evolution to create the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I'm the one trolling?

You're the one who can't formulate an intelligent argument,

btw my IQ has been tested several times and been ~130 every time, well above average.

I am also an FAA certified Air Traffic Controller, qualified to operate a Terminal Radar Approach control scope at any RAPCON/TRACON in america,

and I hold a degree in Airway Science from the United States Air Force,

And I am currently studying Theology and Christian ministry on my own,

You wanna talk intelligence, or just make dumb posts that prove you lack it?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Honestly?

I would be very tempted to ring the men in white coats. Someone "talking" to god (and getting answers) is clearly delusional.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Honestly?

I would be very tempted to ring the men in white coats. Someone "talking" to god (and getting answers) is clearly delusional.

I would say someone that refuses to hear god is delusional?

I talk to god all the time, and when I am motivated to intently listen, I get answers.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

That's seriously the most intellectual thing you can come up with saying to everything I've posted and everyone else has posted on this thread?

Why bother posting such a useless piece of information.....???

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The conscious, the little voice in your head that tells you right from wrong is God talking to you. I am willing to bet that at times you even listen to what he is saying. That is the beauty of God, he never gives up on us, even when we choose not to acknowledge him.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I've read the link you posted and I can really see that all there is to be said is that there is/was holes in Darwin's theories, for sure. There is nothing there to prove that a God made the universe, or created anything.

I think we can agree on this: you believe that everything was created? I don't refute that, I simply ask for the evidence?

Your evidence is the Bible. That's your answer. I believe that the Bible is no more the word of God than any other book. This time I'll be respectful to your beliefs all the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The thread asked for your opinion so i gave it. Sorry that you have a problem with that.

I personally do not believe in god. So why, therefore, would i think that someone talking to god is normal? Actually, it isn't so much the talking to god, it is thinking you are getting answers for something that i know doesn't exist.

And yes i say i know, the same as you say that you know god does exist. For you to call me wrong on something that cannot be proved would be hubris in the extreme.

However, i respect people with religious leanings for the strength of their beliefs. The question i ask is why that same respect doesn't extend the other way?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I disagree entirely. Your conscience is entirely down to the way you were brought up. If you have ethics and morality instilled into you then you have a strong conscience. It has nothing to do with "god" at all.

Like i said above though, i do respect people with religious leanings - as long as they are tolerant.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I think we can agree on this: you believe that everything was created? I don't refute that, I simply ask for the evidence?

Am I oversimplifying to say everything is the evidence of everything? I mean, if it is here, then it was created wasn't it?

The source of the creation might be debatable, but not the fact of creation. So, if we move on to the source as the debate, then aren't we just debating semantics? One might say God, and one might say Big Bang, but what is the difference?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have no problem with you or any other atheist (to a degree)....

I have no qualms with atheists who say "I wish i could believe in God but i have no proof" or "i'm not sure if god exists or not" or "i highly doubt god exists but i respect your beliefs", or things along those lines....

I take issue with the Dawkins type, the "God DOES NOT exist and you are STUPID TO BELIEVE IN HIM" or "the Bible is COMPLETELY FALSE and anyone who believes in god is STUPID" or "lets completely remove god from all public schools and end people even talking about god in our society",

THOSE are the folks I take issue with!

IMO, saying "I am absolutely certain God does not exist, and anyone who believes otherwise is stupid" is the PINNACLE of human ignorance, arrogance, and pride. Such a proclamation is absurd, as by making such a claim, you are yourself claiming to be omniscient and all knowing....in other words, by saying "God does not exist and I am absolutely certain of this", you are making a claim of omniscience yourself....which is outrageous

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Whilst i do not believe, i do think that religion has a role to play in that, aside from anything else, it does help to instill values in an individual.

However, staying on topic, i honestly would be rather unsettled by someone telling me they talk to god and god answers them.

I am firmly in the chaos camp to be honest.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Am I oversimplifying to say everything is the evidence of everything? I mean, if it is here, then it was created wasn't it?

The source of the creation might be debatable, but not the fact of creation. So, if we move on to the source as the debate, then aren't we just debating semantics? One might say God, and one might say Big Bang, but what is the difference?

Ok, call it intelligent design. What the fossil record shows is that there is a process of gradual development of species, what some creationists state is that God simply made a frog, for example, it couldn't have gradually evolved because that contradicts the Bible, (and yes I am generalizing here) that seems to be the issue between the two camps.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

God talks to you personally and answers you all the time,

But your eyes are not open to Him, so you don't realize it's happening (which is basically 24/7)

It doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe, nothing changes factual reality.

Even some brilliant secular minds admit that we are most likely living in a simulation..... it's just that they are clueless as to who the conductor is, whereas I and other enlightened individuals are awake and in tune with the Conductor....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
IMO, saying "I am absolutely certain God does not exist, and anyone who believes otherwise is stupid" is the PINNACLE of human ignorance, arrogance, and pride.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid, in fact almost as stupid as saying "I am absolutely certain that this specific God that I believe in exists, and anyone who believes otherwise is stupid".

For the record, I don't think that fundamentalists and believers are stupid. On the contrary, many of them are no doubt quite intelligent. It's just that they were brainwashed in their youth to believe into some specific God, and it's impossible for them to think rationally about things that contradict this planted core belief of theirs.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

IMO, saying "I am absolutely certain God does not exist, and anyone who believes otherwise is stupid" is the PINNACLE of human ignorance, arrogance, and pride. Such a proclamation is absurd, as by making such a claim, you are yourself claiming to be omniscient and all knowing....in other words, by saying "God does not exist and I am absolutely certain of this", you are making a claim of omniscience yourself....which is outrageous

Yes, and just to remind you, that telling people that they are going to hell for eternity because they don't share your beliefs is equally incendiary. I'm sure you'll agree?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No, my issue is that I do not believe evolution happened without any force directing it,

Just as I don't believe we are existing, or the laws of physics are existing and operating flawlessly, without a Being or a Force outside of our realm driving it.

We are ALL "God powered", believe it or not.

Seabhac - defining God and proving the Bible is for another thread altogether, the important thing to take away from this post, I think for you, would be to keep your mind open to the possibility that evolution did not occur on its own, but was directed by a being/force which exists outside of our dimensions (time, space, matter),

I am not trying to make you a bible thumping Jesus freak.....All I want is to help you keep an open mind and enlighten you to alternate possibilities as opposed to the views a secular society has jammed down your throat since you were an infant....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Of course it is,

and I don't believe most unbelievers and atheists goto hell, but that's also for another thread.

I believe there are three destinations people can goto once they have transcended this world and found themselves in Sheol....

1. The abode of the dead, the grave, non existence, oblivion, "nirvana", I believe this is the chamber of Sheol that nonbelievers, atheists, peole who were gernally "okay" but didn't believe in God, goto. I believe in this chamber you could find souls such as Christophre Hitchens and some buddhists and other types of similar souls....

2. Tartaroo, or the prison of Sheol. This is where fallen angels / demons are kept in chains, basically a dungeon / prison, they are kept alive eternally separated from God (love, light, good) and in torment. I also believe this chamber is where we derived the popular conceptions of Hell, and this is where souls such as Pol Pot, Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, etc, currently reside

3. Paradise / heaven. This is where spiritual people who lived a life in touch with God and had a mostly positive impact on people go. Beliefs are only one factor God judges in letting people into Paradise. I believe you can find New Age believers, Hindus, Indians, whatever, in Paradise. I believe Gandhi and Martin Luther King are among the residents of Paradise. I believe some "atheists" who were Christians during there life, and lived decent lives, also end up in Paradise. And obviously I believe the saints and believers goto this place as well.

These are just the latest of my constantly evolving views, but I hope this helps answer your post....

God bless you,

Amen

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No, my issue is that I do not believe evolution happened without any force directing it,

So you believe that first the Christian God (all three together?) made the first living cell, and then let stuff evolve more or less naturally for many billions of years, but then about 65 million years ago decided that it's time to pave the way for the eventual becoming of humans and threw an asteroid at Earth, and then also did something later so that we look exactly as we are right now?
edit on 19-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Just as I don't believe we are existing, or the laws of physics are existing and operating flawlessly, without a Being or a Force outside of our realm driving it.

We are ALL "God powered", believe it or not.

Seabhac - defining God and proving the Bible is for another thread altogether, the important thing to take away from this post, I think for you, would be to keep your mind open to the possibility that evolution did not occur on its own, but was directed by a being/force which exists outside of our dimensions (time, space, matter),

I am not trying to make you a bible thumping Jesus freak.....All I want is to help you keep an open mind and enlighten you to alternate possibilities as opposed to the views a secular society has jammed down your throat since you were an infant....

I thank you. But I am from a society where having a fear of God was rammed down my throat since I was an infant, and as you've probably noticed it has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I actually do believe in a higher power. And I believe in the existence of our spirits after death. Somebody may ask me why, I would answer 'I have my reasons'. I am fully open to the idea that there is a force driving the universe and I think that someday we may understand it better, that in the chaos there is order, we simply don't understand it yet.

As you well know my problems are with dogmatic belief systems, which, when held by certain people do nothing but stunt understanding and divide people, sometimes to a bitter end.
edit on 19-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is an interesting post
But truthfully you have to look at the universe and observe its chaos (albeit v e r y slow) but chaos it is.
There is no grand plan, stars die, our sun will die, we will all die along with everything else.
God explains to humans how all this stuff got made-we need an explanation because no-one else knows so we create our own answers in the vacuum.
So by modifying religious arguments to tailor into Darwinism is a neat trick but makes the Bible into a pack of lies or a highly inaccurate story, or Adam was an Ameoba and the Genesis days were really really long or time slowed down or whatever. yeah. I'm not buying it.
There is no God, you only get one chance at this, there is no forgiveness, your gonna die so make your life count and be nice to everyone even if you're not a christian.

As for re-encarnation it works fine, the atoms I am made from are as old as time and will be a part of something else when I am gone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join