It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Elementary Students Assault Bus Driver, Face Battery Charges, Police Say (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The students, both boys, were reportedly throwing a lanyard across their school bus in Michigan City, Ind. when Lucille Buke, a 73-year-old bus monitor, asked them to calm down, WSBT News reports. When the school bus' driver, Shaunda Gilbert, 35, stopped the vehicle and interceded, witnesses say one of the boys shoved her to the ground and the other grabbed her hair and began banging her head into the floor.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Crazy little kids......freaking Lord of the Flys or Children of the Corn.

The Springfield Elementary School students now face misdemeanor battery charges, and also face disciplinary action from the school, according to CBS Chicago. According to the police report, the boys “did not allege they were struck or harmed by bus personnel" but explained that "they were mad because they had been asked to stop 'playing around.'"

What can you say? Things are going from bad to worse.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Most things we see involving schools and the police on this forum is stuff like cops handcuffing a kindergartener for a tantrum, but this is an instance where such intervention is definitely justified.

Kids be crazy man

edit on 18-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think a part of the problem is that kids like that don't trust adults. Looking at the world, I can't say I really blame them.

Kids aren't born like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I personally think the problem here is just about the same problem on another recent thread with the 6 year old that felt quite entitled to just tear up someone's office and nearly injure a faculty member because she wasn't happy.

These little animals attacked the driver like this, knowing they'd get little or nothing done to them for it. They have an assault charge now...whoopee. I dare say kids willing to just lay into an adult at the drop of a hat really don't care about the prospect of a few nights in Juvie. They probably think of it as a status symbol to brag about.

Scary times we're in....and the age of the threat doesn't lessen the seriousness of it. Not these days.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If the students reacted the way they did, they might have a behavior problem. The charges and court proceedings are well, spot on, but that shouldn't be all because I doubt seven or eight year olds are going to understand the seriousness of a court session and how it could affect their lives. I wish I knew more or else I would say they need a psychological evaluation

edit on 18-4-2012 by LR2543 because: I haven't gotten the hang of writing in a much more casual way.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'll reserve judgment until I see more of what happened. I've seen several cases of this type of thing where the kids "jumped" the authority figure after the adult had started beating or had struck one of their peers.

Instead of being given a pat on the back for coming to the defense of a fellow student in the face of a child abuser and a violent person twice their size, they were given prison sentences.

Like I said, I'll reserve judgment.
edit on 18-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'll reserve judgment until I see more of what happened. I've seen several cases of this type of thing where the kids "jumped" the authority figure after the adult had started beating or had struck one of their peers.

Instead of being given a pat on the back for coming to the defense of a fellow student in the face of a child abuser and a violent person twice their size, they were given prison sentences.

Like I said, I'll reserve judgment.
edit on 18-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

They are just demon spawn.....

According to the police report, the boys “did not allege they were struck or harmed by bus personnel" but explained that "they were mad because they had been asked to stop 'playing around.'"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I blame the parents.

Seriously I do.

If I'd done anything like this when I was a kid, I wouldn't have had a beating, but I would have been ashamed. That's the problem, the parents of these kids are so detached from the raising of their children they have no standards.

You don't need to beat your kids to instil discipline, you need to create pride and morality - it doesn't take physical punishment, it takes real nurturing and REAL parenting.

Far too many parents are selfish, arrogant, ignorant, disinterested and are far too quick to blame TV/music/internet for the way their kids behave.

It's a cop-out. If you have kids it's a 24 hour job. You don't leave them to raise themselves or leave them in front of the TV. If you don't like the music they listen to ban it from the house. If you think the internet is to blame who pays the bill? If you worry about who they hang out with meet their parents and raise the kids together.

I'm sick and tired of crappy parents blaming anyone but themselves. They are always to blame, no matter what. They are the predominant person responsible for their child, and everything that child does comes back to the way they have been raised. No excuses.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
These little a - holes need punishment to the fullest extent of the law and their parents need to be punished as well for raising such little disturbed brats! These poor kids probably don't know any better, they probably learned this behavior at home from watching their parents disrespect others.

The children are free to hit, kick, bite, spit on or do whatever they so desire to the adults because if the adults lay a single hand on the little monsters, even if it is to restrain them in a non-violent fashion, an entirely new world of problems crop up. Accusations of beatings, improper touching and molestation will be leveled. The school district, adults accused and the bus company can (and most likely will) be sued by the "outraged parents who know that their little angels would NEVER do anything so bad".

Therefore, the adults are forced to take the crap from the little brats because parents don't teach their children any sort of respect or common sense.
edit on 18-4-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a lack of parenting problem I see. 6,7 and 8 year old kids don't just turn violent for no reason at all. This is learned behavior and most likely from home. If their parents act violent, they will too.
I feel bad for everyone here including the kids.

BUT-
Compare this to the other story about the 6 year old girl and both vilify the child and describe them as "impossible to control".

Are these the indigo children gone bad with their new superpowers to the point which we need police to handcuff them for control?

The media is once again promoting a meme - this time of violent children and that the law is needed to intervene to protect us. We need Police on every bus and classroom now to make sure everyone is safe from these Children from Hell.

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
edit on 18-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You nailed it! The damn parents need to be held responsible for the actions of their children. Hell, owners are held responsible for the actions of their dogs.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The big problem with kids today is they're not learning basic manners at home. The school system is also at fault. I remember being taught the importance of manners and how I should respect adults, the elderly, my parents and teachers during kindergarten through 1st grade. I don't know if schools are teaching kids at an early age the proper way to behave anymore. Now more than ever, schools need to teach kids early in life the importance of respect and responsibility. Too many kids are being raised by kids and parents are neglecting their parental duty to teach their children how to act outside the home.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

LOL, your post reminds me of a show I saw on the History channel about surviving in a future apocalypse. One thing that struck me is that they made a special mention to beware of gangs of little kids, because in such situations, the kids can become ruthless and dangerous, and will kill you for a bottle of water and a snack.

Lord of The Flies, indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Dear God...what are they feeding kids now days?!?! Since when has it been possible for a 7 and 8 year old to physically beat the crap out of a grown woman?!?! Tearing clumps of her hair out in the process......

I don't remember 7-8 year old's being that strong back when I was in school.......Makes me believe some of those conspiracy theories about the cow steroids in meat!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by detachedindividual

You nailed it! The damn parents need to be held responsible for the actions of their children. Hell, owners are held responsible for the actions of their dogs.

See ya,
Milt

You just know somebody is going to get mad about that statement.

I couldn't agree more and if you act like an animal.........do we need to put 'em down? Are they rabid? Contagious?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You just know somebody is going to get mad about that statement.

You're probably right! How long do you think it might take for me to get over it?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I am just glad that they had enough respect for elders that they didn't attack the 73 year old bus monitor.

I had some children like that on the bus I rode in elementary school. It was 6 children ages 7 - 12 and they were all related, siblings and cousins. They peed and spit out of the windows and cursed at the bus driver and any parent that came on the bus. The only person they didn't disrespect was my father who spoke to them with such hostility and violence in his voice that they probably thought he would attack them.

When you put it in perspective, you realize that those kinds of children don't come from loving homes. They come from homes where their parents are violent or curse at them, so they learn not to respect kindness or soft words because it's a language they don't understand. My mom tried her Christian kindness by asking one boy not to hit me anymore, the next day he laughed at me and said your mom is too nice. After my mom saw him, she pointed out that the boy had scars all over his arms and face. It's something I wouldn't have realized at 9 or 10.

All of these cases should end with the state investigating the parents of these children. Something isn't right.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Maybe these kids are the first results from GMO foods and enhanced by chemicals purchased in the local food mart under the label - good and nutritious.

While it might seem odd that two young boys could do this - my nephew age 7 and I got into it over him calling his Grandmother (my Mom) a nasty name. I was all I could do just to pin him down long enough to try to calm him down while I explained that calling my Mother that name was a no-no. (Heck I was 35yo/230lbs and well trained by muscle building.)

The unfortunate part for me was that I did not want to hurt him until that little ### turned into a Tasmanian Devil. It took a good half hour before I finally wore the son of a gun down! But I am bullheaded and a stubborn streak came up that no little rude boy could do and say what he did and just get away with it!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Lord of the Flies indeed - what's the current hot movie?
Hunger Games - Child versus child in a battle for survival.
It's pretty transparent to me what they are really promoting - that children have no innocence.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I blame the parents.

Seriously I do.

If I'd done anything like this when I was a kid, I wouldn't have had a beating, but I would have been ashamed. That's the problem, the parents of these kids are so detached from the raising of their children they have no standards.

You don't need to beat your kids to instil discipline, you need to create pride and morality - it doesn't take physical punishment, it takes real nurturing and REAL parenting.

Far too many parents are selfish, arrogant, ignorant, disinterested and are far too quick to blame TV/music/internet for the way their kids behave.

It's a cop-out. If you have kids it's a 24 hour job. You don't leave them to raise themselves or leave them in front of the TV. If you don't like the music they listen to ban it from the house. If you think the internet is to blame who pays the bill? If you worry about who they hang out with meet their parents and raise the kids together.

I'm sick and tired of crappy parents blaming anyone but themselves. They are always to blame, no matter what. They are the predominant person responsible for their child, and everything that child does comes back to the way they have been raised. No excuses.

Precisely. Parents must come to terms with reality: their ability to nurture will, without fail, determine whether they have raised a self-reliant contributing member of society or a weapon. Releasing a weapon onto the world should come with charges. Only then will parenting be taken seriously. Too many people think it is just their destiny which must be followed without consequences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join