It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A long time ago in a galaxy not very far away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just read a thread about the Star Wars Project and it reminded me of my first (of two) UFO sightings. I've suspected for some time that this one might have been early Star Wars testing so I thought I'd recount it here and see if anyone can throw any light on it.

Although the Star Wars Project was only announced by President Reagan in 1983 my sighting took place in 1974 or 75 and I was 10 or 11 at the time.

I'd been somewhere with my parents and we pulled up outside the house. I got out of the car and looked up. I've always had an interest in astronomy and even now come close to walking into things if it's a clear night.
This was a particularly clear night - absolutely crystal - and light pollution wasn't as big an issue as it is now.

Almost directly above my head (I lived at latitude 51 degrees North) was a very thin brilliant red line like a laser. It was about a 1/4 of an inch long just sitting there ending abruptly at each end going from nowhere to nowhere! I watched it for about five minutes but got very cold so I went indoors. I went outside again after a few minutes and it was still there in exactly the same place. I watched it for about another 5 minutes and went in again. Unfortunately this time when I went back out it had gone. Of course, if I saw something like that now, I'd stare at it until it went. I'll never know if it moved off or just disappeared.

My other UFO sighting was a very common orb which I've described in a previous thread, this type though seems less common, so my question is this - have there been other sightings like this that you know of and/ or does my Star Wars hypothesis stack up?
edit on 18/4/12 by Insomniac because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
add reagans weird ufo speech at the u.n. and the pieces start to fall into place.

edit on 18-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I'll search for that and have a look - Thanks!

Edit to add: I hadn't heard that for a very long time... Was he speaking hypothetically or was he giving an insight into his personal experience or beliefs? Both he and Jimmy Carter had seen UFO's so it's a possibilty.
edit on 18/4/12 by Insomniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
S&F 1. Because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and I like your title 2. for the interesting story you've shared.

I never heard a story quite like the red laser light you described. Too bad you were 10 and didn't realize the possible importance of your experience.

In regards to Reagan's speech I would say that he was trying to convey the point that the US and the Soviets were one in the same: humans. I think he was saying that war amongst ourselves in pointless rather than expressing his beliefs in aliens. Just my take.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Yes I wish I could have seen it as an adult... Or I could see it again (with a camera with a big lens on a tripod!)

I agree with your Reagan assessment on the whole... But I have a sneaky suspician that it was inspired by his sighting. I'm not saying he was hinting that we're at war with ET's though.

new topics

top topics

join